News Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party 2023

TheMaxRebo

Sorry if this has been asked, but are the sold out nights more manageable than they were precovid? I remember attending a party in 2019 and vowing to never return.

Yes, definitely not as packed at pre-covid, very similar to last year. Trade off is higher cost but they do seem to be capping it to a more manageable/reasonable number

Mireille

Premium Member
Sorry if this has been asked, but are the sold out nights more manageable than they were precovid? I remember attending a party in 2019 and vowing to never return.
I went to the party on August 29th of this year and it was great. Outside of waiting an hour for a picture with the seven dwarfs, everything felt pretty non-overcrowded. Even going to see the parade at the last second in Frontierland, I was able to travel on the sidewalk pretty easily and was only about 3 or 4 people back when I stopped to watch. Got in and out of Tron in 20 minutes. Lines were generally short. I dunno if they let it get more crowded as it gets closer to Halloween, but assuming that's not the case, I'd say if you're leaning towards going, it's worth it.

RoadiJeff

I can relate. We went to Mickey's Christmas Party in 2018 and I vowed never again after that overcrowded mess. However, I've been reading that the parks are not as packed like that anymore for these special events.

I will find out in 3 more days. My wife and I have tickets to the MNSSHP for the 24th. I will give a full report on here and my opinion of how things compared to what we experienced 5 years ago. Look for a couple dressed as Peter Pan and Tinker Bell walking around this coming Sunday if anyone else on the forum will be there and stop us and say hi. :)

Last edited:

JohnD

The next Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party date to sell out is October 20.

Dates still available -

Oct. 27, 29
Nov. 1
Debating 10/29. I return from a Halloween on the High Seas Disney cruise on 10/28 and will be staying over at least one night in WDW before driving home. Doing the party 10/29 requires another day off from work. I'll wait for now. Maybe it selling out will make the decision for me.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
The next Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party date to sell out is October 20.

Dates still available -

Oct. 27, 29
Nov. 1
1695332340602.png

Animaniac93-98

Disney could always do what Universal did and extend Halloween until the following weekend, as DLP is doing this year too. Not that I'm expecting them to ever do so.

JustInTime

Has the party ever sold out like this? I feel like there used to always be dates and tickets available. Especially in the August and September months.

TheMaxRebo

Has the party ever sold out like this? I feel like there used to always be dates and tickets available. Especially in the August and September months.

Last year they were all sold out by Sept 11th - but that was also the first time back after 2 years off so "revenge" purchasing was high. Also, there wasn't a Nov 1 date so not sure if that would have taken a little longer as is last one to see out this year

In 2019 only 13 nights sold out 35 nights ... but the capacity was higher then so I think shows people are willing to pay more for lower crowds

And I think Disney was more willing to squeeze more people in so would have "day of" tickets even if probably shouldn't have done that due to crowded

RoadiJeff

My wife and I attended the MNSSHP yesterday (9/24). The crowd level was pleasantly lower than the mess we endured for the Mickey's Christmas Party in 2018. We were there from the time the park opened at 9:00am and throughout the day the crowds were not bad. We used Genie+ 5-6 times, which helped with getting through some of the longer standby line waits. I didn't know Genie+ had a limit but around 4:30 it said that we had used the maximum number of Genie+ reservations for the day when we tried for one last ride before the park was closed to regular guests at 6:00pm.

I did my magic and got BG #1 for TRON. It was an intense ride, although I thought it was over too fast. It was the only ride throughout the day that I felt a bit of motion sickness for about an hour afterwards. I usually take Dramamine before going to Universal Studios.

We were dressed up as Peter Pan and Tinker Bell. We had LOTS of compliments from other guests and cast members about our outfits. We both went all out, down to every last detail of our costumes. The Trick-or-Treat bags were plenty large enough for all the treats they gave out and they gave out a lot of it. Unless someone is mostly just going around to the dozen or so stations and not doing much of the rides they are not going to fill up their bag.

Anyway, off to Epcot today and a try at a low number BG for Guardians in a few minutes, so I need to finish this and focus on my microsecond timing. I highly recommend the MNSSHP to anyone who hasn't gone yet.

Edit: BTW, I got BG #1 for Guardians. :)

Last edited:

JustInTime

Last year they were all sold out by Sept 11th - but that was also the first time back after 2 years off so "revenge" purchasing was high. Also, there wasn't a Nov 1 date so not sure if that would have taken a little longer as is last one to see out this year

In 2019 only 13 nights sold out 35 nights ... but the capacity was higher then so I think shows people are willing to pay more for lower crowds

And I think Disney was more willing to squeeze more people in so would have "day of" tickets even if probably shouldn't have done that due to crowded
Thank you!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom