News Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party 2023

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Definitely will be interesting to see ... Was last year just pent up demand for not having the regular party for a few years and there will be less urgency this year?

Fact they didn't raise prices makes me thing they don't expect increased demand at least

They didn't raise prices? The lowest and highest price points may have remained the same, but they most definitely raised prices.

Average price in 2023: $152 (38 dates)

Average price in 2022: $143 (37 dates)

Breakdown of pricing and number of dates at each price point:

View attachment 711406

TheMaxRebo

They didn't raise prices? The lowest and highest price points may have remained the same, but they most definitely raised prices.

ok, fair, guess meant the lowest and highest didn't go up - was wondering/expecting Halloween to get over $200

looks like pretty similar except this time there are 3 nights at the max number ($199) vs only 1 last year (other price points have either a little more or less)

ToTBellHop

Raising night 1 by $50 accounts for 1/6 of that increase on its own and was both necessary and smart. Make the bloggers pay and steer vacationers toward later parties if they can.

Bloggers will still show up to watch Boo to You for the 239th time and be like
1683123023472.gif

jannerUK

We are there in August. We have already planned our 21 day visit to each day (keen to get it reserved and sorted). Seems one of our MK days lands on one of these nights. We have no interest or intention to pay to go. However, I have heard it might actually work to our benefit. Is it true that on these days, the morning tends to be very quiet as people sleep in or do other things and start to arrive later on? How true is this or is it a myth.
To what degree is it more quieter - to the point one does not need to risk Genie + and get away with it?

the_rich

We are there in August. We have already planned our 21 day visit to each day (keen to get it reserved and sorted). Seems one of our MK days lands on one of these nights. We have no interest or intention to pay to go. However, I have heard it might actually work to our benefit. Is it true that on these days, the morning tends to be very quiet as people sleep in or do other things and start to arrive later on? How true is this or is it a myth.
To what degree is it more quieter - to the point one does not need to risk Genie + and get away with it?
Some people will avoid the park because of the party since it closes early. They'd rather go to another park that has regular hours. How much lower the crowds will be is debatable but it will be lower.

Mireille

Premium Member
Got tickets for Tues August 29th ... Will be our first party so excited but a bit anxious.
Don't be too anxious. I've got my ticket for the same night and I was there for an early October one last year, and after seeing so much complaining about the increased tickets they were selling I thought it might be just as crowded as during a regular day, but it was great! It's in the evening so it's cooling off and the crowds are not bad at all except if you get stuck in the Emporium when they wheel out the party merch, that was a madhouse!

Ben_since_1971

Touring Plans has empirical evidence that suggest party days have very low day crowds at MK.

ToTBellHop

It’s true but August isn’t crowded regardless. I’d never pay for Genie+ in August. Low crowds + the risk of heat or downpours encouraging us to leave the park at some point takes Genie off the table.

TheMaxRebo

Don't be too anxious. I've got my ticket for the same night and I was there for an early October one last year, and after seeing so much complaining about the increased tickets they were selling I thought it might be just as crowded as during a regular day, but it was great! It's in the evening so it's cooling off and the crowds are not bad at all except if you get stuck in the Emporium when they wheel out the party merch, that was a madhouse!
Thanks - anxious might not be right word, but just having never done it it want to make sure we maximize our time and see what we want, get some rides in, etc ... I am sure we will have fun though!

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
ok, fair, guess meant the lowest and highest didn't go up - was wondering/expecting Halloween to get over $200

looks like pretty similar except this time there are 3 nights at the max number ($199) vs only 1 last year (other price points have either a little more or less)

If "pretty similar" means increasing the price on 11 nights from $159 to $169, increasing the number of top price dates from 1 to 3, and increasing the number of dates and price points for most other dates except the lowest one, then sure.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Thanks - anxious might not be right word, but just having never done it it want to make sure we maximize our time and see what we want, get some rides in, etc ... I am sure we will have fun though!
Yep it definitely requires a game plan. The time goes very quickly and it an be easy to spend the entire night on Main Street with entertainment and miss everything else, including any attractions.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member

It will be fun if you have little ones. I would recommend looking at last year's guide and making a rough plan based off of it, then adjusting as necessary once August 11 rolls around and this year's map/times guide is released. They'll be posted here as soon as they are available. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom