News Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party 2023

TTA94

I’m just here for the Christmas Party this year. Not even gonna lie.

For me I have no intentions on going to another Halloween party until they add new things like replace the parade and nighttime show. I get everyone loves that parade but it’s way overdue to be replaced with something new. The Christmas party honestly isn’t any better and needs big improvements. Them retiring the castle lights were a major disappointment. But since im big on Christmas I still enjoy going to the party.

jpeden

In the Parks
No
For me I have no intentions on going to another Halloween party until they add new things like replace the parade and nighttime show. I get everyone loves that parade but it’s way overdue to be replaced with something new. The Christmas party honestly isn’t any better and needs big improvements. Them retiring the castle lights were a major disappointment. But since im big on Christmas I still enjoy going to the party.

I love Disney at Christmas and I’m a sucker for the Christmas party. But the new fireworks are nowhere as good as Holiday Wishes.

TTA94

I love Disney at Christmas and I’m a sucker for the Christmas party. But the new fireworks are nowhere as good as Holiday Wishes.

Agreed. Minnie’s Wonderful Christmastime is way better than Not So Spooky Spectacular, but still both are no where near as good as Holiday Wishes and Hallowishes.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Agreed. Minnie’s Wonderful Christmastime ... are no where near as good as Holiday Wishes and Hallowishes.
Couldn't disagree more. Minnie's Wonderful is tied with HEA for best fireworks IMO.

Holiday Wishes was a visual mess with 90's-level projections. Minnie's uses the new projectors to their fullest, and uses graphic images that don't require being up close to the castle to appreciate it.

Also, Minnie is a better host than Jiminy.

The music of Wishes was full of schmaltzy musical and choral arrangements. And its lighter moments bordered on gimmicky and pre-schoolish. Maybe I'm overstating my case. It wasn't *bad*, but in comparison, it pales to Minnie's.

Minnie's is just fresher, and moves along at a peppier pace. And I really like "When We're Together."

MagicHappens1971

Couldn't disagree more. Minnie's Wonderful is tied with HEA for best fireworks IMO.

Holiday Wishes was a visual mess with 90's-level projections. Minnie's uses the new projectors to their fullest, and uses graphic images that don't require being up close to the castle to appreciate it.

The music of Wishes was full of schmaltzy musical and choral arrangements. And its lighter moments bordered on gimmicky and pre-schoolish. Maybe I'm overstating my case. It wasn't *bad*, but in comparison, it pales to Minnie's.

Minnie's is just fresher, and moves along at a peppier pace. And I really like "When We're Together."
Agreed. Love Minnie’s Wonderful, went to MMVCP last year just to see it.

SamandplanningUK

After keep getting the 'someone ate my page' webpage, I have finally managed to get tickets for 3rd October! Tip for anyone from the UK struggling to get the page to work - I used Attraction Tickets with no issues.

Fido Chuckwagon

Attachments

• IMG_0896.gif
    IMG_0896.gif
    411.5 KB · Views: 37

ToTBellHop

Agreed. I would prefer Hallowishes and Minnie’s for holiday season.

I do miss Jiminy’s voice in MK in the evening, but that’s purely nostalgia. For me, for many years as a kid, Jiminy Cricket was Disney World in the evening.

As for parades, Boo to You is really unique for WDW and I fear they’d remove all of its macabre elements.

It’s the terrible Christmas trees that need replacement! I’ve seen more impressive trees at Hobby Lobby!

TTA94

I agree and I actually do like Minnie’s Wonderful Christmastime. Still miss Holiday Wishes though. Now Not So Spooky Spectacular IMO is garbage.

tanc

crazy how much tickets for this event went up, and as did the crowds. I remember the park being relatively empty when I went to one in 2013.

guess it's just the nature of demand but the old halloween parties just felt better. I miss when crowds were limited and not elbow to elbow. When I went in 2019 I was shocked by how much they raised the capacity for the event. I think in 2019 it was like $100+ for a ticket, which seemed like a lot but obviously it's nothing compared to now.

TTA94

Agreed. I would prefer Hallowishes and Minnie’s for holiday season.

I do miss Jiminy’s voice in MK in the evening, but that’s purely nostalgia. For me, for many years as a kid, Jiminy Cricket was Disney World in the evening.

As for parades, Boo to You is really unique for WDW and I fear they’d remove all of its macabre elements.

It’s the terrible Christmas trees that need replacement! I’ve seen more impressive trees at Hobby Lobby!

Yeah I get replacing Boo To You could be risky. As far as replacing OUACT I feel there’s a little more wiggle room. I personally wouldn’t mind something like Mickeys Dazzling Christmas Parade from Paris. But that parade is a bit on the modern side.

And yes those trees are extremely overdue to be replaced! So embarrassing.

JustInTime

Weird. If they replace the Hocus Pocus show, I’d probably it go. So they’d win your family but lose mine!

TTA94

Weird. If they replace the Hocus Pocus show, I’d probably it go. So they’d win your family but lose mine!

I was mainly referring to the parade and fireworks, I will say I do enjoy the Hocus Pocus show. Now the Mickeys Most Merriest stage show is garbage, but some may disagree.

TheMaxRebo

crazy how much tickets for this event went up, and as did the crowds. I remember the park being relatively empty when I went to one in 2013.

guess it's just the nature of demand but the old halloween parties just felt better. I miss when crowds were limited and not elbow to elbow. When I went in 2019 I was shocked by how much they raised the capacity for the event. I think in 2019 it was like $100+ for a ticket, which seemed like a lot but obviously it's nothing compared to now.

Definitely interested to see how the crowd levels/capacity are this year. From following along last year and talking to people who went it seemed they did cap it a little lower than prior to the pandemic (so 2019 was like max crowd levels). Still higher than like 2013, but better than it had been and people felt like they could get done what they wanted (maybe outside of long lines for a few in demand character meets)

Obviously prices are up quite a bit since 2019 so there is that tradeoff

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom