Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party 2017

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
Sickening. Truly.

August is SUMMER. Halloween is in FALL. No alternative facts here. I can put up a Christmas tree now and start making peppermint lattes and it doesn't change a damn thing.

Just a sick money grab by the Mouse, no different than starting Food and Wine in August this year as well. And, no, I don't care whether any individuals think this is a good thing or not.

It's not. Just abject greed and a strong desire to make one of the slowest periods of the year -- mid-August through late September -- as busy as every other time of year.

The thing is these won't be very successful. They've had multiple years now where they have held one on the Friday before Labor Day weekend (again, a summer holiday) and beyond all the freebies for bloggers and Lifestylers and discounted CM tix, they sold very few full-priced tickets but Georgie and Co's greed knows no bounds.
Sounds like that is just one opinion among many...

animals-mountains-molehills-mole_hills-moles-domestics-bwhn1498_low.jpg

21stamps

Literally booking my trip from November 1st and leaving November 9th so i can hit both parties in one trip. This may seriously be the most festive WDW trip EVER!!! And i think F&WF at Epcot will still be going on...I'm gonna be coming back from this trip fat as Santa LOL
I was just thinking about how cool it would be to do both on the same trip!

jaklgreen

I love MNSSHP, especially the parade. But the price is getting too high and the fact they they have it 4 days a week this year is a bad idea, IMO. I can see many being angry about MK being open "normal" 3 days a week only.

ToTBellHop

I love MNSSHP, especially the parade. But the price is getting too high and the fact they they have it 4 days a week this year is a bad idea, IMO. I can see many being angry about MK being open "normal" 3 days a week only.
That's been the case for years. If people complain, they are reminded that tickets are available as it seldom sells out with the price increase. Personally, I don't mind the price increase (sacrilege!) as it was less crowded last year than the year prior for me. And the entertainment is still better than what they offer the other three days of the week. I would pay $100 for Spelltacular alone. And I still love the parade and HalloWishes.

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
Why is everyone so surprised about August?? If you looked at August hours that have been out for about 2 months it showed some 7pm closings. I knew right there it was likely starting a week earlier than last year. No biggy either it is only a week or so earlier. Basically only 2 extra party nights at the beginning. ;)

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Does anyone have a chart listing how many nights per year have been offered?
  • 2001 - 5 nights
  • 2002 - 7 nights
  • 2003 - 10 nights
  • 2004 - 13 nights
  • 2005 - 15 nights
  • 2006 - 14 nights
  • 2007 - 16 nights
  • 2008 - 25 nights
  • 2009 - 23 nights
  • 2010 - 23 nights
  • 2011 - 22 nights
  • 2012 - 22 nights
  • 2013 - 22 nights
  • 2014 - 26 night
  • 2015 - 25 nights
  • 2016 - 29 nights
  • 2017 - 31 nights

Funny thing is that in 2015, you had the unusual bump in fall crowds and most Halloween nights were selling out, many weeks ahead of time. But in 2016, you had very few sold out nights.

Last edited:

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
  • 2001 - 5 nights
  • 2002 - 7 nights
  • 2003 - 10 nights
  • 2004 - 13 nights
  • 2005 - 15 nights
  • 2006 - 14 nights
  • 2007 - 16 nights
  • 2008 - 25 nights
  • 2090 - 23 nights
  • 2010 - 23 nights
  • 2011 - 22 nights
  • 2012 - 22 nights
  • 2013 - 22 nights
  • 2014 - 26 night
  • 2015 - 25 nights
  • 2016 - 29 nights
  • 2017 - 31 nights
Funny thing is that in 2015, you had the unusual bump in fall crowds and most Halloween nights were selling out, many weeks ahead of time. But in 2016, you had very few sold out nights.

hah, looks like between 2007 and 2008 they got a bit carried away and had to drop it slightly the following years.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
So no one thinks that since lots of schools start in early September, that just maybe people were asking for earlier dates so that their kids could go to one? Not everyone can travel after Labor Day and into October, so maybe this is Disney's answer for those people. Just sayin'.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Or maybe I'm right and people asked for them. :D Not every single decision the company makes is a cash grab.
With this track record of the last four years?

It's obviously to help guests by limiting the number of nights in September and early October and meaning they don't have to fork out even more money on even more nights to stay in a park they've already paid for.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
With this track record of the last four years?

It's obviously to help guests by limiting the number of nights in September and early October and meaning they don't have to fork out even more money on even more nights to stay in a park they've already paid for.
Doesn't mean that this is. Doesn't mean it isn't, but it is within the realm of possibility that people asked for it, since they couldn't travel later in the year.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom