Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party 2017

Prince Thomas

Not only is it early, but the number of dates for both events works out be approximately 50 percent of all days between September and December. What this means to mean is that unless you are willing to pay for these "special" events you wind up with less value for the "standard" ticket you use to visit the Magic Kingdom on these dates.

I remember talking with Disney last year when I was planning my November 2017 trip. I wanted to participate in the Wishes Dessert Party (notice here that I was going to pay an upcharge). However, during the week I was going to be on vacation the only dates the Wishes Dessert Party was available was on the nights of Mickey's Christmas party. So, I would have to pay for standard entrance, for the Christmas Party and for the Dessert Party. Worked out to be about $300 a person for the day. Thanks Disney but no thanks. Yes, I understand that people always have the option of paying for upcharge events or not, and that Disney has to always show increasing profits to its' shareholders. However, when the value to the standard "guest" is reduced, something is being lost along the way.
Last time i went to MVMCP in 2015 i only had to buy the special event ticket for entry...has this all changed?

Tk0021

Those of you that have gone to the party what are the must do's? This is our first party at WDW. My kids love the characters that are dressed in full costume (like Mickey) but are a little shy around the face characters ((princesses).

brb1006

It's been almost ten years since I've been to a party, and while popular, they're still running the same parade (yes with some changes, some cuts, some replacements) and the same fireworks. I'm glad they changed the stage show though to Hocus Pocus. I'd love to see that one in person but as an AP holder, kinda hard to justify buying a ticket when not much changes every year (and why should it I guess, they're very popular offerings).
They need to make a new parade for MNSHP in the future.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
I can't remember, but do you have to have admission on top of the event ticket or is this event one where you only need an event ticket?

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
If you only want to go to the party, you just need the party ticket. You can get into the park as early as 4:00pm with it.
Thanks!
Good to know. So you can literally enjoy the park for 6 to 8 hours for about 40 bucks less than regular park admission. Good times!

Do you know if all attractions are open during the party or is it a reduced offering?

Last edited:

WDW1974

Sickening. Truly.

August is SUMMER. Halloween is in FALL. No alternative facts here. I can put up a Christmas tree now and start making peppermint lattes and it doesn't change a damn thing.

Just a sick money grab by the Mouse, no different than starting Food and Wine in August this year as well. And, no, I don't care whether any individuals think this is a good thing or not.

It's not. Just abject greed and a strong desire to make one of the slowest periods of the year -- mid-August through late September -- as busy as every other time of year.

The thing is these won't be very successful. They've had multiple years now where they have held one on the Friday before Labor Day weekend (again, a summer holiday) and beyond all the freebies for bloggers and Lifestylers and discounted CM tix, they sold very few full-priced tickets but Georgie and Co's greed knows no bounds.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom