Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party 2016

MagicHappens1971

Photos via the MRFF thread and taken by @WDWtraveler.
This may play into the lighting improvements.
IMG_7983.JPG
IMG_7984.JPG

Scoppin

I have a question, from a first timer to this event, does the actual MNSSHP start at 7:00? Meaning the treat or treating and the special guests. Or does it start at 4:00, when able to enter the park? If at 4, then are those who didn't purchase a ticket able to take part in the special events?

Thank you,

Biff215

I have a question, from a first timer to this event, does the actual MNSSHP start at 7:00? Meaning the treat or treating and the special guests. Or does it start at 4:00, when able to enter the park? If at 4, then are those who didn't purchase a ticket able to take part in the special events?

Thank you,
Event starts at 7:00 when all day guests are cleared. Event guests have wristbands that identify them.

Scoppin

Event starts at 7:00 when all day guests are cleared. Event guests have wristbands that identify them.

Thank you for the clarification. Planned on being back into the park around 4:00, so we will enjoy some of the regular attractions until about 7:00 and gear up for the special events. :)

BasiltheBatLord

Sorry this is somewhat random and off-topic but question I've been wondering forever and have never found an answer to: What year did Boo-to-You first start running? Aside from the new Wreck-It Ralph stuff this year and POTC additions have there ever been any changes to the parade?

Thanks.

Tip Top Club

Boo-to-you started in 2005 and there have been small changes to the parade on a consistent basis since then. For example the country bears used to ride on the silo and now it's clarabelle. Candy unit swapped places with villains. Dancing pirates on the ground replaced by flag twirlers, etc.

My mom and I are going as Cinderella and the fairy godmother this year and have adjusted our costumes so they don't drag on the ground. Did any of you who attended see anyone get turned away for having costumes with layers or that didn't meet any of the rules? We are bringing extra costumes just in case!

marissieviolissie

Personally I haven't seen anyone turned away yet. What is the layer thing you mentioned ? I'm not familiar with the term as something I'd think is inappropriate but maybe I'm thinking something entirely different.

In any case, I'very seen some costumes which I was surprised almost to see were OK.
(Which for me is always a good thing because I'm never sent away myself or asked to take the just too scary mask off and I'd have to reply that's my normal face lol)

brb1006

Boo-to-you started in 2005 and there have been small changes to the parade on a consistent basis since then. For example the country bears used to ride on the silo and now it's clarabelle. Candy unit swapped places with villains. Dancing pirates on the ground replaced by flag twirlers, etc.
I remember during the earliest years of the Halloween party the parade was very different.

asianway

Pooh float, Christopher Robin, kanga, most of the lost boys cut, Angelica came and went...

Scoppin

Sorry this is somewhat random and off-topic but question I've been wondering forever and have never found an answer to: What year did Boo-to-You first start running? Aside from the new Wreck-It Ralph stuff this year and POTC additions have there ever been any changes to the parade?

Thanks.

What Wreck it Ralph stuff?? I know my two would love to see this but I haven't heard anything.

Thanks,

BasiltheBatLord

What Wreck it Ralph stuff?? I know my two would love to see this but I haven't heard anything.

Thanks,
The candy section was originally themed as Goofy's Candy Co. It's now themed as Sugar Rush from Wreck-It Ralph. Aside from signage changes on the floats, Ralph is now on the front car and Goofy was replaced on the main bike float by the girl from the movie. (Sorry I have never seen the film and have no idea what that character's name is)

Now that I think about I can't remember when the Wreck-It Ralph stuff was added. I thought it was this year but it actually may have been earlier.

ToTBellHop

The candy section was originally themed as Goofy's Candy Co. It's now themed as Sugar Rush from Wreck-It Ralph. Aside from signage changes on the floats, Ralph is now on the front car and Goofy was replaced on the main bike float by the girl from the movie. (Sorry I have never seen the film and have no idea what that character's name is)

Now that I think about I can't remember when the Wreck-It Ralph stuff was added. I thought it was this year but it actually may have been earlier.
It premiered two days ago--still Goofy last year.

mm52200

Vanellope's talking soundtrack and the Sugar Rush dancers inspired by the characters from the film are all new this year. Goofy has been moved to the opening unit.

Jon81uk

So far in pictures it looks like most of the candy is Mars brands (possible sponsorship this year?), mainly M&Ms and Skittles. I can get both of these in the UK and therefore was looking forward to more unusual offerings. Has anyone been to a party and can confirm if different locations have different candy or if there is any things like Nerds or other sugar rather than chocolate candies? Someone also mentioned apple favour Werthers candies at a previous party?

danv3

Were there people walking along with the Sugar Rush unit handing out candy to the crowd? I seem to recall seeing that some years, but maybe (?) not last year.

Kate Alan

Looking at the character line up on the homepage and it seems Jafar is not appearing. However, I saw mention on other sites that he was a character meet and greet at the first party - was that a one time thing? It would be a shame to lose yet another villain meet at MNSSHP.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom