Mickey's Not So Scarey Halloween Party!

OldYeller

My family and I have been the last two years and really had a great time. We made t-shirts for it at the place in Downtown Disney but did not wear costumes. However, some really go all out. There were some incredible costumes.

disneygirl1

By far my FAVORITE event at Disney. We have been to both the Halloween party and Christmas party 2 times each, and while I doubt I will ever pay the extra $$$ to attend the Christmas party again, I have NO PROBLEM forking over the $$$ for the Halloween party!

Hallowishes is AWESOME! It is my absolute favorite fireworks display at Disney. Be sure to grab a good seat for the boo to you parade. The headless horseman ride in the beginning of it and it is not to me missed.

There are so many characters out in there halloween costumes so be sure you pay them a visit.

As for wearing a costume to the party, one thing to be mindful of is that it is still quite HOT in Florida this time of year. I have in years past always just wore my Minnies ears!

LilSuzy

Thanks! We got so many compliments on those costumes, especially near the Haunted Mansion. We bought a fabulous Photopass picture that had a ghost appear in the background driving a carriage. Don't miss that Photopass area near the HM.

Wait, are you telling me they take photos during MNSSHP?! I'm so excited!!! :sohappy:

aka_emilicious

I worked most of the MNSSHP back in 2007 and went as a guest twice. One time I was assigned a "character" and handed out candy as a card which was so much fun!

I highly suggest dressing in costume! Disney makes me feel like a kid, but going to MNSSHP in costume is even better! Not to mention I lived off my candy haul for a long time, lol.

Oh, I went as Alice (with the Mad Hatter, March Hare, Queen of Hearts, and Cheshire Cat) and Wendy (with Peter Pan, Tinker Bell, and Hook).

Pro tip: If you or your kids plan on going on rides (in my opinion, the least interesting aspect of the party but still fun) be careful of capes, long dresses, scarves, boas, and anything else that could potentially drag on the ground. On more than one occasion, I remember a vampire or princess getting their cape/dress caught in the moving walkway.

I'm really hoping to go this year, but I'm no sure my work schedule will let me. :cry:

JillC LI

Wait, are you telling me they take photos during MNSSHP?! I'm so excited!!! :sohappy:

But of course! There are Photopoass photographers in all the usual places. Take the cards they give you rather than using your own if you have one because there are discount codes to purchase the party photos with special cool backgrounds.

mousefreak

Last night, we booked our MNSSHP tickets...AND got to print them with the new eTicket. :sohappy: Does anyone know if Disney just started doing printable tickets?

BigRedDad

The only thing I do not like about it is that you just paid ~$60 per ticket and more than half the people there will pay $0. After the first 5 minutes or so, bands are ignored and people know they can simply slip by and through any of the CMs.

This was my experience. I took about 100 pictures of people without bands, went to guest services, complained, and nothing happened. It wasn't until I complained when I got home that I got a refund.

janoimagine

The only thing I do not like about it is that you just paid ~$60 per ticket and more than half the people there will pay $0. After the first 5 minutes or so, bands are ignored and people know they can simply slip by and through any of the CMs.

This was my experience. I took about 100 pictures of people without bands, went to guest services, complained, and nothing happened. It wasn't until I complained when I got home that I got a refund.

Really? We have gone every year since 2005 and have never seen anyone who didn't belong. They usually do a pretty good sweep before the party starts.

cheezbat

I've gone the past three years...both Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party and Halloween Horror Nights have become must do's every year for me now. :)

I've gone as Indiana Jones, Batman(my girlfriend at the time went as Robin), and last year I went as Disco Yeti!

This year I have quite a few friends going with me...our theme is gonna be good...

durangojim

I've gone the past three years...both Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party and Halloween Horror Nights have become must do's every year for me now. :)

I've gone as Indiana Jones, Batman(my girlfriend at the time went as Robin), and last year I went as Disco Yeti!

This year I have quite a few friends going with me...our theme is gonna be good...

Hey! Did you have letters on the back of your jacket saying "DISCO YETI"? Because, if so, my family and I saw you there and so did two manager types walking through Adventureland. This would have been on 10/1/10.

You should be very very excited!!!! I am going two times this year and I can hardly wait!!! I have my costumes all ready too and I am not a child at all I am grown ADULT!!! LOL
You will have a blast and do the Trick or Treat thingy too it's fun for everyone. Also make sure to watch the Parade and Firework show, Do NOT MISS IT!!!
If you have to Miss one of them....DO NOT MISS THE PARADE!!!! Especially the beginning of it ok!!! Have fun!!! I am excited for you since it's your first. Oh also if you have Regular Park tickets for MK on that same day you can get in earlier for the MNSSHP you can get in at 4pm, just make sure you get your wrist band or whatever needs to be done now. (I am not sure if they do the wrist band thing anymore)
Take Care! :sohappy::wave:

forevermickey

Original Poster
You should be very very excited!!!! I am going two times this year and I can hardly wait!!! I have my costumes all ready too and I am not a child at all I am grown ADULT!!! LOL
You will have a blast and do the Trick or Treat thingy too it's fun for everyone. Also make sure to watch the Parade and Firework show, Do NOT MISS IT!!!
If you have to Miss one of them....DO NOT MISS THE PARADE!!!! Especially the beginning of it ok!!! Have fun!!! I am excited for you since it's your first. Oh also if you have Regular Park tickets for MK on that same day you can get in earlier for the MNSSHP you can get in at 4pm, just make sure you get your wrist band or whatever needs to be done now. (I am not sure if they do the wrist band thing anymore)
Take Care! :sohappy::wave:
Thank you for all the well wishes and excitement!:sohappy:

cheezbat

Hey! Did you have letters on the back of your jacket saying "DISCO YETI"? Because, if so, my family and I saw you there and so did two manager types walking through Adventureland. This would have been on 10/1/10.

Yes I did! That was me! lol

I got alot of comments from people on the costume...it was alot of fun.

ktflisa

So much fun! Husband and I will be there Oct 7 for I think our 5th party. We haven't been back to WDW since 2007 so we are really looking forward to the MNSSHP...
Not sure if we will dress up. It's usually so hot and humid I just want to be in shorts and a t-shirt.
82 more days!:sohappy:

FLmom

After spending the weekend in WDW my husband and I came up with a costume theme for our family however we need to talk two of our friends with families into going with us so it looks better.

:ROFLOL:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom