Mickey's Mix Magic - New Firework Show 2019

nevol

I have a feeling this will be really popular. The crowd in this video on main street was dancing and cheering during the finale and you can hear people talking about the show being great. Also, arguably better than the pixar show, on grounds that the pixar show already happened and taught us to manage our expectations, and because this is for Mickey's birthday promotion, not something we should consider as a legitimate replacement /evolution of a kiss goodnight fireworks show (fantasy in the sky, believe, remember...).

Honestly, its almost so opposite of what I look for in these shows that I'm not offended. So offensive, not offensive. I couldn't stand the contemporary vibe of Disneyland Forever's score, and I hated how unsuccessfully Together Forever tugged at the heart strings. I want these shows to tell a story, take us on a journey of sorts, make me cry, feel sentimental. Given that this doesn't try to be any of those and just goes for the vibe I hated about the other shows post-Remember un-apologetically, I don't mind.

Last edited:

Californian Elitist

I thought Disneyland was supposed to be the crown jewel for nighttime entertainment in the States? Lately everything I see from them doesn't even come close to surpassing my beloved shows here in Orlando. What am I missing? 🤔

Despite this piece of absolute piece of garbage, the majority of Disneyland’s nighttime entertainment is actually quite good. This show is a travesty, however.

jrhwdw

I thought Disneyland was supposed to be the crown jewel for nighttime entertainment in the States? Lately everything I see from them doesn't even come close to surpassing my beloved shows here in Orlando. What am I missing? 🤔
Even if MMM was all Classic Mickey/no remix, REALLY?!?!?!?!? With no WOC right now, 2 Night Parades NOT being used! Sure DL has F! 2.0, I did like MMM. DL didn't destroy Good, Good Time, liked the classic songs from Jungle Book/Arstocats. I will admit that Frozen didn't need remixing! At least they let the last refrain play full!

Compare DLR's Entertainment right now, Soundsational is back Fri. To MK's HEA, OUAT(good, but watered down compared to TDL's) EPCOT's ROE, We all think Epcot Forever will be good. Also, DHS's F! Granted, SW AGS & ROL should go back to their full versions, but I think WDW has more than DLR now.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
It's worse than I thought it was...but the Disney Millennials AP, Blogger, Purple wearing, rose gold hoarding, popcorn bucket line waiting fanbase will eat it up, sadly, and that's who Disney is marketing to nowadays.

How many of them do you think there are?

Curious Constance

I have a feeling this will be really popular. The crowd in this video on main street was dancing and cheering during the finale and you can hear people talking about the show being great. Also, arguably better than the pixar show, on grounds that the pixar show already happened and taught us to manage our expectations, and because this is for Mickey's birthday promotion, not something we should consider as a legitimate replacement /evolution of a kiss goodnight fireworks show (fantasy in the sky, believe, remember...).

Honestly, its almost so opposite of what I look for in these shows that I'm not offended. So offensive, not offensive. I couldn't stand the contemporary vibe of Disneyland Forever's score, and I hated how unsuccessfully Together Forever tugged at the heart strings. I want these shows to tell a story, take us on a journey of sorts, make me cry, feel sentimental. Given that this doesn't try to be any of those and just goes for the vibe I hated about the other shows post-Remember un-apologetically, I don't mind.

A couple of observations from my genius 11 year old.....

When Mickey said “ohhhhh yeaaahhh” he said “ewww”.

He said this didn’t sound like Mickey or Minnie at all.

He said he’s disgusted that they put Frozen in the show.

Then he said how funny it would be if a bird sat in front of the projector (he assumed it was one projector) so all you saw on the buildings was a shadow of a large bird lol 😍

TrainsOfDisney

In the words of Mary Poppins “why do you find it necessary to complicate something that is really quite simple”

Mickey Mouse being sketched -
Steamboat Willie music
Silly Symphonies montage ending with the band concert
Fantasia montage ending with Sorcerers Apprentice
Ending with custom footage of “current Mickey” traveling to Disneyland for the birthday celebration, or something that ties it all together....
ending with Walt “it was all started by a mouse”

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Here's my jab, at least add some rock to it, this was terrible, this is more like an annoying pre/ post show with fireworks. If they wanted to have a show that could be done without fireworks the graphics music and theming to Disneyland forever would have been perfect, they could have shortened it to if they were "tight on money"

brb1006

Soulless, shallow and unnecessary. It adds nothing to the nighttime experience besides loud music, projections and random fireworks.

I'm disappointed.
Hong Kong Disneyland did a better job honoring Mickey's 90th Birthday compared to the way WDW and Disneyland did.

Also the tagline "The World's Biggest Mouse Party!" is a joke. That honor goes to Mickey's 60th Birthday celebration back in 1988.
Mickey+60.jpg

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom