"Mickey's Death Wheel"

Californian Elitist

Original Poster
Mickey's Fun Wheel, also known as "Mickey's Death Wheel", "Mickey's Wheel of Terror", "Mickey's (Not So) Fun Wheel", "Mickey's Wheel of Doom", etc. is the most terrifying ride in the entire Disneyland Resort, in my opinion. I've been on coasters at Magic Mountain before, but Mickey's Fun Wheel not only made me feel sick, nervous and scared, but it made me feel like I was going to die. The swinging gondolas look like they're slightly swinging from a distance, but it's a totally different experience when you're actually in one of those doom cages.

I am not the only one seriously scared of this attraction. Here are some of my favorite on-ride videos of this attraction from you-know-where... LOL, enjoy.

kap91

After you ride a couple of times it gets better. I actually am pretty fond of it now, I like a bit of thrill.

Californian Elitist

Original Poster
Live a little! :p

Goofy's Sky School actually gets my vote for scariest ride in the park. Those turns are not banked at all! You feel like you're gonna fly off the track!

WHAT?! Goofy's Sky School has a restraint bar, at least. Mickey's Fun Wheel has no bars, no seatbelts, not harness, not anything. You can barely grab on to the cage, which just makes everything worse. And they swing so dang high! Try swinging and looking down at the same time. One of the most horrible experiences.

Cosmic Commando

WHAT?! Goofy's Sky School has a restraint bar, at least. Mickey's Fun Wheel has no bars, no seatbelts, not harness, not anything. You can barely grab on to the cage, which just makes everything worse. And they swing so dang high! Try swinging and looking down at the same time. One of the most horrible experiences.
Yeah, but you're in a cage. You're not going anywhere, big picture-wise. Goofy's Sky School needs a five point harness like a child's car seat. ;)

Californian Elitist

Original Poster
Yeah, but you're in a cage. You're not going anywhere, big picture-wise. Goofy's Sky School needs a five point harness like a child's car seat. ;)

A cage with nothing to hold on to, LOL. GSS is over in, what? Thirty seconds? MFF is like ten minutes long!

I'll ask J.J. which one he thinks is more scary, the next time I see him. I know he'll give me the right answer.;)

WED99

Really guys? That ride isn't scary in the slightest! All it does is swing a little. I bet most of you don't even hesitate to ride Tower of Terror.
Live a little! :p

Goofy's Sky School actually gets my vote for scariest ride in the park. Those turns are not banked at all! You feel like you're gonna fly off the track!
Here in Australia we don't really have the privilege of huge rollercoasters, so Sky School is what I'm used to. Do you remember the original Mad Mouse coasters? That's all we had. Basically Sky School made out of wood. People actually died on it but they still operate!

Cosmic Commando

Really guys? That ride isn't scary in the slightest! All it does is swing a little. I bet most of you don't even hesitate to ride Tower of Terror.

Here in Australia we don't really have the privilege of huge rollercoasters, so Sky School is what I'm used to. Do you remember the original Mad Mouse coasters? That's all we had. Basically Sky School made out of wood. People actually died on it but they still operate!

We have a little park near me that has a wild mouse. Those unbanked turns are crazy!

P.S. Goofy's is the only coaster I've ever seen that doesn't even stop and wait for you to load. That's +1 on the scare factor.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom