Mickey Shorts Animation and Style

UNCgolf

I hate the character design/animation of the Rudish shorts -- enough to make them basically unwatchable for me, even though I like the background art and the plots are fine.

I don't think it's because it's different from classic Mickey through the years (even though I do prefer that style). I had a similar issue with Ren & Stimpy (even though I don't think the animation/design of the Rudish shorts is the same as Ren & Stimpy), in that even as a kid I didn't like it because of how much I disliked the character art.

_caleb

Original Poster
I hate the character design/animation of the Rudish shorts -- enough to make them basically unwatchable for me, even though I like the background art and the plots are fine.

I don't think it's because it's different from classic Mickey through the years (even though I do prefer that style). I had a similar issue with Ren & Stimpy (even though I don't think the animation/design of the Rudish shorts is the same as Ren & Stimpy), in that even as a kid I didn't like it because of how much I disliked the character art.
I can see how it might not appeal to everyone. Though the backgrounds and the music are pretty great, in my opinion.

I think it would be neat if they’d produce multiple styles of Mickey shorts. Why not have some done in the classic style, some in the Rudish style, some in altogether new styles? As shorts, they’re meant to be pretty much standalone, right?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom