Mickey on the move

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
"What with all of the excitement associated with the Fantasy Forest project, Disneyana fans seem to have overlooked one important aspect of this Magic Kingdom expansion."

I think we've been discussing this since day 1 here.

NewfieFan

"What with all of the excitement associated with the Fantasy Forest project, Disneyana fans seem to have overlooked one important aspect of this Magic Kingdom expansion."

I know! I was just going to post the same thing!

Frankly, I don't care! Where ever they put Mickey is fine with me!

sanctumsolitude

Indeed. This is what we have all been hearing and expecting since the announcement (and before).

NewfieFan

I love how people are so worried about not getting to meet Mickey when you can meet him in like 100 other places in WDW.

Correct me if I'm wrong but unless you have an ADR to a character meal that includes Mickey you're only other choices are CMM at AK, Animation Studio at DHS, and Character Spot at Epcot!

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I love how people are so worried about not getting to meet Mickey when you can meet him in like 100 other places in WDW.

I dont think people are worried, there is no way Mickey will lose his spot at the MK. Meeting Mickey at the MK is such a mjaor thing for a lot of guests.

Figment632

Correct me if I'm wrong but unless you have an ADR to a character meal that includes Mickey you're only other choices are CMM at AK, Animation Studio at DHS, and Character Spot at Epcot!

There is also the Disney Visa Meet and Greet ant Epcot if they still do that so if the meet and greet went away for a few months in MK its not the end of the world.

NewfieFan

There is also the Disney Visa Meet and Greet ant Epcot if they still do that so if the meet and greet went away for a few months in MK its not the end of the world.

Well, that's a pretty exclusive M&G... myself, as a Canadian couldn't take advantage of it even if I wanted to - did you know Canadians can't get the Disney Visa!?!

Figment632

Well, that's a pretty exclusive M&G... myself, as a Canadian couldn't take advantage of it even if I wanted to - did you know Canadians can't get the Disney Visa!?!

No I didnt but to be honest Ive had a lot of trouble with mine.

I was being sarcastic when I said 100 places, I just find it funny that people get so crazy, like Disney would ever take a Mickey M&G out of MK forever.

jt04

Main Street seems like a perfect location for the M&M M&G.

As for the barnstormer idea... The clown overlay makes sense and sounds fun but I just hope they keep the european folklore "backstory" that is so rich throughout the rest of the Fantasyland concept at the MK.

NewfieFan

No I didnt but to be honest Ive had a lot of trouble with mine.

I was being sarcastic when I said 100 places, I just find it funny that people get so crazy, like Disney would ever take a Mickey M&G out of MK forever.

I don't think people got crazy but as Steve mentioned it is a pretty important aspect of most people's vacation (especially the first timers). And I don't think the issue was that they would remove Mickey all together but if he would get a permanant M&G. He needs a "set up" of some sort... he's got too many fans who want to see him!

Figment632

I don't think people got crazy but as Steve mentioned it is a pretty important aspect of most people's vacation (especially the first timers). And I don't think the issue was that they would remove Mickey all together but if he would get a permanant M&G. He needs a "set up" of some sort... he's got too many fans who want to see him!

Agreed its just some people get pretty radical on this topic.

EPCOTPluto

The only real reason I am sad to see ToonTown Fair go is because it technically was my first memory of WDW.

The Barnstormer was especially scary in that trip.

At least something more new and interesting is coming there....

Figment632

The only real reason I am sad to see ToonTown Fair go is because it technically was my first memory of WDW.

The Barnstormer was especially scary in that trip.

At least something more new and interesting is coming there....

Agreed I will always remeber the playground in Mickeys Starland foundly.

Lucky

Main Street seems like a perfect location for the M&M M&G.

As for the barnstormer idea... The clown overlay makes sense and sounds fun but I just hope they keep the european folklore "backstory" that is so rich throughout the rest of the Fantasyland concept at the MK.
I think they'll keep it in the new B&B and Cindy areas, but maybe modify it a little. The new Dumbo area and Pixie Hollow will be very different, so there will be at least three very different themes in one "land."

I wish they were just adding Dumbo to Toontown, using the space that's reserved for Pixie Hollow.

Wilt Dasney

His writing leaves a lot to be desired sometimes. A couple of sentences later, he says

But now that rumors have begun to fly that Toontown Fair could close for dismantling as early as the first of the year, Mickey fans are now growing quite concerned. They just don't like the idea of Disney's big cheese becoming homeless.

So now fans are "quite concerned" over something they "seem to have overlooked." :veryconfu

rsoxguy

His writing leaves a lot to be desired sometimes. A couple of sentences later, he says

So now fans are "quite concerned" over something they "seem to have overlooked." :veryconfu

True. Does anyone else ever get the feeling that Jim Hill sometimes writes as though he believes he is the reincarnation of Walter Winchell?

Wilt Dasney

True. Does anyone else ever get the feeling that Jim Hill sometimes writes as though he believes he is the reincarnation of Walter Winchell?
I definitely think the heart of a yellow journalist beats in his chest.

That's not always such a bad thing. He's written some very informative and entertaining articles on old chapters of Disney history (like the birth and death of ideas like Westcot and Western River Expedition). I suspect he can get away with a little more "colorizing" there because he's describing decades-old events, and history tends to become starker in the telling.

His BS gene is a lot more obvious when he's talking about current events. I think he'd be better off just sticking to the information instead of trying to spice up every story with (what's often) obviously manufactured drama.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom