Mickey Not So Scary 2019 Party Pass!

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Hit 3 parties and you come out ahead price-wise. Not to mention all the candy you could get if you were an AP holder and went to dozens of parties and collected lots of candy. Just think of how popular your house would be for Halloween if you were giving out candy by the pound! :hilarious:

Edit: This smells like a "prop-up-Q4-numbers" move. My guess is this will not be offered for MVMCP, as it's in a new fiscal year for TWDC.

CJR

This is an interesting move since some people have already bought tickets, a few I know are going more than once. I wonder if they were to go and request this if Disney would let them, especially those who paid already, about the price of this pass when you add the two tickets together.

Anyway, I'm not fond of it. While I'm sure some people will like it, I see it overcrowding the parties unless they cap how many passes they sell. Regardless, it would take away that special feeling that the party is supposed to have if you go every weekend. So 👎

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
New this year Mickey's Not So Scary will be offering a Party Pass!

The Magic Kingdom will host Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party in August, September, October & November 2019. The party pass includes admission to all events excluding Thursday, October 31, 2019.

Adults 10 - $299.00 + tax

Child 3-9 - $284.00 tax
I still haven’t gotten used to the massive discounts they give kids nowadays. I predict they can add one more ticketing option before my disney experience crashes for 2 months.

NelsonRD

The problem is, you need more than one night. These parties are way too crowded, and no way you can see the shows, characters, and ride overlays in one night. Last time we went, parade viewing started on main street well over an hour before. The lines to meet the characters are excessive. We do not have the option to visit multiple times coming from NY, but if you are closer and want to take in everything the party offers, you may need more than one visit.

jrogue

man I wish I could afford this! while I'll be there in October there will be 4 parties ... but since I've already done my planning I won't be able to attend more than 2 (which is still less expensive than getting this pass).

Seems like this will benefit people who can/want to go to 3+ parties

Jambo Joe

How would they do that though? Without requiring some sort or registration in advance (which isn't mentioned) I don't see any way they can do that. So I'm back to thinking some of the parties will not only be sold out, but "oversold" out.
A good method - the party pass has assumptions around probability of use and they would layer that distribution on top of the presold 1-day passes to anticipate volume around a target max. They would still have limited ways to meter attendance at that point though - not selling passes to walk ups or shutting the gates when a max is reached. I doubt they would do that or even limit the party pass sales when they reach a target max though - wouldn’t want to leave any money on the table. Somebody has to pay for Galaxy’s Edge.😁

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Not sure this means they will increase actual numbers but it should increase nights they sell out. Such an amazing deal.

Not sure how it would increase the sell out nights? They can't count anyone who bought one of these tickets since they won't know when they are showing up, and they can't lock out people who already bought a single night ticket because 1000 of these people showed up one night.

drizgirl

The problem is, you need more than one night. These parties are way too crowded, and no way you can see the shows, characters, and ride overlays in one night. Last time we went, parade viewing started on main street well over an hour before. The lines to meet the characters are excessive. We do not have the option to visit multiple times coming from NY, but if you are closer and want to take in everything the party offers, you may need more than one visit.
And with people there on a season pass, it's only going to get worse. With that pricing structure, people will go and just sit down for the parade as soon as they get there. Sort of like trying to see Fantasmic at DL back when APs could spread out blankets and set up camp 5 hours ahead.

raymusiccity

I still haven’t gotten used to the massive discounts they give kids nowadays. I predict they can add one more ticketing option before my disney experience crashes for 2 months.
If this keeps up, ticketing will come full circle with the advent of General Admission. Each ride will be a different tier and will be charged to your Magic Band! 😯........Dumbo could be an A Ticket, Space Mountain an E Ticket.......what a concept!!

jt04

Not sure how it would increase the sell out nights? They can't count anyone who bought one of these tickets since they won't know when they are showing up, and they can't lock out people who already bought a single night ticket because 1000 of these people showed up one night.

They might have to limit sales of these.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom