Mickey Not So Scary 2019 Party Pass!

dreamfinder

How would they do that though? Without requiring some sort or registration in advance (which isn't mentioned) I don't see any way they can do that. So I'm back to thinking some of the parties will not only be sold out, but "oversold" out.

Eh, actuaries/statisticians would probably love to get their teeth on that problem. But I'd suspect it's something like this. They limit the pass to X tickets sold. Then hold back X tickets per party date. If they haven't sold the X number of passes, then they sell the remainders at day of. Alot of times you have been able to get day of tickets, even for sold out events, in some quantity. And with their volume of data on visits, I bet that they have a reasonable model to estimate how many pass holders (or any time) come to an event on a certain day. So they can do a reasonable job of estimating how many spots they would need to hold based on sales, and not increasing the actual number of guests in park. Whether or not they choose to do so is a different question.

drizgirl

Eh, actuaries/statisticians would probably love to get their teeth on that problem. But I'd suspect it's something like this. They limit the pass to X tickets sold. Then hold back X tickets per party date. If they haven't sold the X number of passes, then they sell the remainders at day of. Alot of times you have been able to get day of tickets, even for sold out events, in some quantity. And with their volume of data on visits, I bet that they have a reasonable model to estimate how many pass holders (or any time) come to an event on a certain day. So they can do a reasonable job of estimating how many spots they would need to hold based on sales, and not increasing the actual number of guests in park. Whether or not they choose to do so is a different question.
Ocam's razor says Disney is willing to oversell a few parties if needed. "Sold out" isn't capacity per the fire marshal. It's an arbitrary internal number they never release anyway. It's only the other guests who suffer.

DisneyDreamer08

For what it’s worth, I read a handful of reviews for the first party. All stated it felt overly crowded, character lines were super long, and that 5 hours wasn’t nearly enough time to do everything 🤷‍♀️ So it seems it’s the same old same old.

drizgirl

For what it’s worth, I read a handful of reviews for the first party. All stated it felt overly crowded, character lines were super long, and that 5 hours wasn’t nearly enough time to do everything 🤷‍♀️ So it seems it’s the same old same old.
I never heard. Was it officially "sold out"?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom