Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway - Disneyland

brb1006

Are they going to have Kaitlyn Robrock re-record Minnie's dialogue for this version? Or are they going to keep Russi Taylor's original dialogue of Minnie Mouse from the WDW version. Especially since this attraction marked her final performance as Minnie and opened months after her passing.
yRjpdtw.png

GiveMeTheMusic

Original Poster
Are they going to have Kaitlyn Robrock re-record Minnie's dialogue for this version? Or are they going to keep Russi Taylor's original dialogue of Minnie Mouse from the WDW version. Especially since this attraction marked her final performance as Minnie and opened months after her passing.
yRjpdtw.png

No need to re-record unless there are script changes. No indication that that is the case.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
yRjpdtw.png
I wouldn't expect a voice change unless the overall experience is different requiring a new script.

Parteecia

the in-universe story of the land is that toontown is a neighborhood the disney characters have lived in since disneyland opened, it just was never open to humans until now

i don't think the land is meant to be you stepping into a cartoon, but more that the characters are living in this world, disneyland, and by entering the screen you are then entering the toon world
Oh right, they had to make the segregation happy. But my point still stands that you will be going from a "real life" into a movie.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Opening date - January 27th.

"While Mickey’s Toontown is slated to reopen for guests in spring 2023, we are pleased to announce that the new Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway attraction will open early as we kick off the Disney100 anniversary celebration on Jan. 27!'

Disney Irish

Premium Member

"While Mickey’s Toontown is slated to reopen for guests in spring 2023, we are pleased to announce that the new Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway attraction will open early as we kick off the Disney100 anniversary celebration on Jan. 27!'

@mickEblu So I guess that answers the question about not opening MMRR with the land. :)

milordsloth

Interesting that Toontown itself is still "Spring 2023" but MMRR is opening early. I always assumed those would open at the same time.

Disney Analyst

Didn’t see that coming. I assume this means the pathway to the ride will be complete, construction walls on either side.

Unless they have paved by Roger’s, and can have that ride also open?

waltography

I guess that entire back part of the park will just be Runaway Railway extended queueing until spring? Weirder still because I fully expect them to use VQ. How odd.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Lol wow it’s actually opening BEFORE the land.
It sort of makes sense if you think about it. Its probably been ready for at least ride testing for a couple months now. And want something to showcase during the opening of the 100th. Not to mention probably wanting some of the initial crowd levels for it to die down before they get into the summer crowds for the 100th.

I assume the whole east side of the land including in front Rogers will be all extended queue until at least March. And then the rest of the land to open in April/May.

mharrington

It sort of makes sense if you think about it. Its probably been ready for at least ride testing for a couple months now. And want something to showcase during the opening of the 100th. Not to mention probably wanting some of the initial crowd levels for it to die down before they get into the summer crowds for the 100th.

I assume the whole east side of the land including in front Rogers will be all extended queue until at least March. And then the rest of the land to open in April/May.

It seems like a reverse of the original Toontown opening: the land opened in 1993, but Roger Rabbit did not open until the following year. I hope it does open with the Mickey ride, though.

mickEblu

Yeah I guess it had a head start on the land since that just closed last March. Great news!

Disney Irish

Premium Member
It seems like a reverse of the original Toontown opening: the land opened in 1993, but Roger Rabbit did not open until the following year. I hope it does open with the Mickey ride, though.
I wouldn't expect anything in the land to open with MMRR on January 27th, including Roger. The only thing that I expect to be open will be the entrance under the bridge to the land and an extended queue for MMRR among a sea of construction walls extending all the way from the bridge to the El Capitoon entrance blocking off both the east and west sides of the land.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom