Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway confirmed

peter11435

Uh huh. I notice that Pluto's head and Daisy's head are sculpted in full 3-D, but Mickey's and Minnie's are squashed flat bits of ugliness. As if Blaine Gibson sculpted the former and Picasso sculpted the latter. Mickey finally gets a dark ride in the parks and he looks like crap. How does that make the ride a "hit"?
Regardless of your opinion. The attraction is a hit.

Little Green Men

On the contrary, my first experience was great. I liked GMR but it was dated and only a once an every other trip ride. MMRR feels like an experience unlike anything yet a match of classic Disney rides at Disneyland. I think it’s great.

999th Happy Haunt

I rode This for the very first time a couple of days ago... this is quite possibly the most impressive and equally lazy ride I’ve ever seen in my life. The impressiveness is just as big as the laziness and I’m just so conflicted about the whole experience.

I definitely wish GMR stayed.
Thought the exact same way first ride. Some real jaw dropping moments with also some really meh moments. Got better every ride though.

Also wished they kept the GMR.

UNCgolf

I really enjoy it while feeling it’s really lackluster at the same time. Perhaps if it was an addition rather than a replacement I would feel differently. I really really miss GMR.

I haven't been on it yet, but that's the impression I've gotten from watching ride videos. It looks fun and I'm looking forward to riding, but it also seems like it could have been significantly better in many ways. I think the addition vs. replacement is a big part of that because of course people are going to compare it to GMR and it just falls short.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
I haven't been on it yet, but that's the impression I've gotten from watching ride videos. It looks fun and I'm looking forward to riding, but it also seems like it could have been significantly better in many ways. I think the addition vs. replacement is a big part of that because of course people are going to compare it to GMR and it just falls short.
I think I set my expectations a bit high because I watched the YouTube videos.... It looked better on video than in person, in my opinion at least. It didn't showcase all the ugly black walls and ceilings and open space.

Giss Neric

All the kids (5-14 age range) in my immediate and extended family loved Runaway Railway. They said it was so cool. The adults are mixed.

I hope they could make some changes on the Disneyland version cause they are not working with an existing show building. Take out the tornado scene cause it's useless.

co10064

Premium Member
When I rode it one of the first things I noticed was how high the ceilings were... they just felt unnecessarily high (obviously a product of re-using the show building). I'll be interested to see if the ceilings become lower in the DLR version. Based on what we've see with construction so far, the ceilings look to be equally high, but it's possible office space will be built as a level 2.

lazyboy97o

When I rode it one of the first things I noticed was how high the ceilings were... they just felt unnecessarily high (obviously a product of re-using the show building). I'll be interested to see if the ceilings become lower in the DLR version. Based on what we've see with construction so far, the ceilings look to be equally high, but it's possible office space will be built as a level 2.
The office space is only on one part of the building, it does not span the entire building.

Little Green Men

I think I set my expectations a bit high because I watched the YouTube videos.... It looked better on video than in person, in my opinion at least. It didn't showcase all the ugly black walls and ceilings and open space.
What row did you sit in? After three rides I found the middle and back are best while the front is a little before the action.

Goofyernmost

Why, when there are so many sets and show activities to see would you be spending your time looking at the ceiling.

Goofyernmost

Because it's so glaring that it's distracting?
Only if you are looking up and that brings up the question of why are you looking up with so many bright colors and actions happening in level vision? There was a huge uproar about the Mermaid ride and it's naked ceiling. I tried more then once to have the ceiling bother me during the ride and it had no affect at all. I was there to see the show, not the underside of the roof.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom