Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway confirmed

MadTeacup

In my experience I feel cast members are some of the most critical of new rides.
This is definitely my experience.
But I don’t see any negative ones...so I’m inclined to believe that they have to post stuff like that.
100% incorrect. We can post whatever we feel like - especially if we post semi-anonymously on a blog. ;) You'll hear my opinion in several days.
Not when it’s media managed ;)
^ What he said.

Josh Hendy

Old ride 20 minutes, new ride 4:30 seconds. Way to go Disney! You've managed to lower ride capacity even more.
Have to admit ... the James Cagney singing and dancing scene never did a thing for me and I didn't care at all whether John Wayne and Clint Eastwood were ever in a movie together. To me, things didn't get very interesting until maybe around the Alien scene.

I'm not arguing against having generously long rides, just saying that they have to be actually entertaining, like Splash or Pirates.

Surferboy567

Thanks, I'll check on the "Spoiler Thread" once the opening day arrives.

No problem! I figured for those who don’t want to be spoiled they shouldn’t have to have the risk. So, it makes it easier for those (like me) who just love talking spoilers from the beginning.

Hawg G

Good call. The inverse is that Rise will diminish how unique this is, as the part where the train breaks up into 4 separate cars *is* unexpected, but unfortunately for me turned into: "Oh, I guess we're Rise of the Resistance, now".

Or Ratatouille.

I really think a lot of the praise for RotR was from people who hadn’t already been on Pooh, Rat, or Mystic Manor.

MrConbon

Anyone gonna be there day 1? I have some friends who are going and also haven’t been on Rise and I’m gonna be crazy and try to get both done. The only issue I foresee is our boarding group being called while we’re stuck in RR queue. I shouldn’t see an issue since we’re getting there as soon as the parking lot opens.

Hawg G

MisterPenguin said:
Ride duration doesn't affect capacity.

GMR and MMRR have pretty similar rate of people per hour boarding.

What's lost is amount of time spent on a ride by the guest.
Which is obvious to most as the REAL important factor. Disney could add 10 more Dumbos (I am sure it was blue sky at one point, they put them everywhere), and add lots of capacity. But that isn't the capacity we're looking for.

I'd argue GMR had about 4:30 of still interesting dark ride experience. If they had just redone half of the rest, it would still be very popular.

Less than 1% of those that have experienced Rise will have ridden any of those other rides. Kind of an odd point.

Why, that low percentage explains why so much praise was given. So few of the riders had experienced any ride like it.

The PP said how MMRR is not as cool as it would have been if RotR had not opened last year. ANd he's right. THe first trackless dark ride (that really uses the tech) you ride will always be the one that really wows you. Be that the 15 year old Pooh, or the brand new RotR.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom