Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway confirmed

will h

Disney released the accessibility information and it says must transfer from wheelchair. Does anyone know why it doesn’t have a wheelchair accessible vehicle (WAV)?

trainplane3

I believe ROTR is also like this.
However Rat has a wheelchair vehicle though. I saw this discussion come up on Twitter yesterday. While RotR has a height requirement, MMRR doesn't so people are assuming it should have a wheelchair vehicle. I do wonder what the decision behind this was (or the limitations).

Phroobar

This is Disney’s own words. And I believe they are referring to this being the first ride through experience.

Let’s not get locked down by petty semantics.
That isn't what is says. It says first attraction at any Disney park. An attraction isn't necessarily a ride. Disney lists the Country Bear Jamboree as an attraction too. Mickey Mouse Revue and the Country Bears are both AA shows. They can't have it both ways just because their PR department knows nothing of its own parks.

t3techcom18

However Rat has a wheelchair vehicle though. I saw this discussion come up on Twitter yesterday. While RotR has a height requirement, MMRR doesn't so people are assuming it should have a wheelchair vehicle. I do wonder what the decision behind this was (or the limitations).

It's almost more than likely that it's because of (SPOILER) how the train cars separate, go into different rooms at one point and then come back together (yes, Rat does the same thing, but we're talking about separation of rooms versus separation of alcoves). Rat will almost likely have the entire party together in one vehicle, but it's not a given in this case given the necessity of the ride path. If the able-bodied people helping in the group aren't altogether, ride evacuations will be a lot harder.

No matter what, this comes from legal/ride manufacturers, where safety is the utmost paramount importance. Accommodations are there, whether people like it or not. What I saw on Twitter yesterday regarding a specific user calling the attraction "ableist" when they haven't even BEEN on the attraction nor work there is a ridiculous notion.

Dizknee_Phreek

LMAO, I wonder how many of you have been to Hollywood and TCL Chinese Theatre. The entire area around Hollywood/Highland is a curious but grimy, tacky place.

I will say, I’ve never seen it like that in the past few trips though.
Visited for the first time last May, and I was a little surprised at how seedy the area was, specifically in front of the Chinese Theater and Walk of Fame.

Dizknee_Phreek

Gorgeous sign but I hate hate hate the placement, just because the covered dragon. I don't particularly have an attachment to the Chinese theater or anything, but it's just a really strange juxtaposition.
I agree completely. I think my biggest problem is that I waited so long to be able to look down the street from the entrance to see an unobstructed Chinese Theater (good riddance hat!) again, and now there's going to be a neon sign glaring at me at night. Maybe from the end of the street it won't be too bad. But putting the signage where the GMR signage was would have made the most sense to me, and wouldn't have covered up any architectural elements on the theater facade.

YodaMan

GMR didn't close for Fireworks, neither will this. Besides, last I checked, you can easily be right next to the facade (maybe even in the courtyard) during fireworks.

The Courtyard must be kept clear during pyro, but you can go right up next to the Courtyard. The ride will still operate, you just have to enter from the side and not the regular front entrance.

No Name

To be fair, the original does it all the time. It’s thematically consistent

View attachment 446863

Haha yes, and I would agree, yet that is the sign for the movie showing inside of the theater. What’s problematic about the Runaway Railway sign is that we are supposedly going to see a short called Mickey and Minnie’s Perfect Picnic, so the sign should say Perfect Picnic, not Runaway Railway. It is either very inconsistent or extremely meta that the sign on the theater is the name of the adventure we ultimately have.

I still think the short and ride should’ve been given the same name but whatever.

RobWDW1971

Haha yes, and I would agree, yet that is the sign for the movie showing inside of the theater. What’s problematic about the Runaway Railway sign is that we are supposedly going to see a short called Mickey and Minnie’s Perfect Picnic, so the sign should say Perfect Picnic, not Runaway Railway. It is either very inconsistent or extremely meta that the sign on the theater is the name of the adventure we ultimately have.

I still think the short and ride should’ve been given the same name but whatever.
You have already given this more thought than WDI did.

MrConbon

It’s a sign. Should Stitch’s Great Escape been called “Joining the Galactic Guard” or Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts be called, “a tour of Gringotts bank?”

IMDREW

I have a question,

Now with ROTR having boarding groups and maybe this as well I’m getting a little nervous. Mainly because I’m hearing you only get one hour to ride?

I have planned my vacation like a wdw vacation these days. Fastpasses, dining reservations.. but what should I do when my boarding group gets called when for example a dining reservation starts?

Markiewong

Let the vehicles speak for themselves.
1580995052618.png

1580995001849.png

I thought I read somewhere that there is a waterfall scene that the vehicles tilt that make you feel as if you're about to go over. If that's the case I can see why they couldn't have a wheelchair lock in place for that.
I expect this to use the same technology as the drop in ROTR does, therefore they problaby share the same vehicles aswell.

Last edited:

Haymarket2008

Let the vehicles speak for themselves.
View attachment 447071
View attachment 447070

I expect this to use the same technology as the drop in ROTR does, therefore they problaby share the same vehicles aswell.

There are no drops in this attraction. The “waterfall” sequence will be similar to the enclosed individual ride vehicle screen rooms that Ratatouille utilizes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom