Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway confirmed

Goofyernmost

I think they call blocks of groups. So 10-15 @ 9:05. Within that it’ll just be first come first served. As the line progresses they’ll call more groups. So someone in group 3 might end up joining the line with people from group 26, depending how fast the groups are called.

There are graphs in the RotR and Boarding Groups thread, which track how things go each day. @MisterPenguin posts them. This link should take you to the page with today’s graph (although presumably it’s actually yesterday’s data).

Thanks, for the info!

RSoxNo1

How do you increase capacity for RotR without fundamentally changing the ride? Slightly larger vehicles would work, as has been mentioned (maybe an extra row per vehicle or little longer rows) but making them too large could limit the "intimacy" and feeling of being isolated in the ride.

Extra loading rooms with overall more common/faster dispatches could have been build, but I would guess that it would create backups where vehicles would be too close together to create the ambiance desired.

They could have just built the ride twice next to each other to double capacity, but whole use of space that would have been.

I guess my point is that it is easy to say "build higher capacity rides" but if they are going for a certain experience, that might limit how much they can do for a particular ride. The flip side is you could argue they should only considering using ride systems that are high capacity and then pick ride development based on that.
For now they can increase capacity by improving operations and reliability. Long term, the potential solution would be new vehicles but that's probably not very practical.

RSoxNo1

Oh, of course not. Won’t fit in the simulator at the end.

Build a 3rd ride. Or make MFSR more compelling. Or both.
You don't build a church for Easter Sunday, but this ride should have had an actual attainable capacity of 2000+ an hour. The same is true of Flight of Passage. At least (in theory) with Flight of Passage they can add another theater or two.

Rich Brownn

You don't build a church for Easter Sunday, but this ride should have had an actual attainable capacity of 2000+ an hour. The same is true of Flight of Passage. At least (in theory) with Flight of Passage they can add another theater or two.
They can't even get the ones they have to run all at the same time ! :D

BrianLo

Some notes here that people can correct.

Peter Pan's Flight has an hourly capacity of around 1200
Rise of the Resistance has an hourly capacity of around 1700 but it's only hitting about 55-65% of that.
Forbidden Journey has an hourly capacity of 2000+

There has been a trend recently at Disney to underbuild D and E-tickets. I don't understand the reason behind this trend other than cost. What's more puzzling is that many of these decisions were made concurrently with the decisions to add capacity to Soarin' and Toy Story Mania. They know what an attraction should be hitting for capacity yet they have built several things in the last five years that fall well below those demands.

As for Peter Pan's Flight, I'm with you 100%. It's probably the single most overrated attraction on Disney property.

Ultimately it will be closer to a tripled theatre Soaring/TSMM than original. Which is "Functional" for the crowds WDW hosts. I won't use a more positive term than that. But functionally I don't think it needed more.

I know we are scoffing at every ride that isn't 3k people, but it seems like mid-high teens is functionally acceptable and 1200 for E-tickets (FOP, RSR) or D-tickets the public treats like E-tickets (TSMM, Soaring, SDMT) is too low.

Soaring/TSMM could easily host a fourth theatre, but then there is a bit of a decline of gains that maybe the extra spend for extra capacity could actually be better utilized on another attraction. We know the 50% capacity bump decreased standby waits way more than 50%.

Likely Millennium Falcon could have had a 5th/6th turntable combo, but that also seems like a general waste of money when it spent half the summer with quite short waits at Disneyland.

Fantasmicguy

<gasp>

I love PPF, for reasons I can’t explain lol!

My vote for most overrated attraction goes to TSMM. Much prefer Buzz to that one. TSMM actually makes me feel pretty ill after riding it.
It doesn't make me feel Ill but I definitely prefer Buzz over Midway Mania. I don't like that Midway Mania is litterally just screens with no sort of integration into the surrounding areas. It feels like just spinning around a big warehouse.

RSoxNo1

Ultimately it will be closer to a tripled theatre Soaring/TSMM than original. Which is "Functional" for the crowds WDW hosts. I won't use a more positive term than that. But functionally I don't think it needed more.

I know we are scoffing at every ride that isn't 3k people, but it seems like mid-high teens is functionally acceptable and 1200 for E-tickets (FOP, RSR) or D-tickets the public treats like E-tickets (TSMM, Soaring, SDMT) is too low.

Soaring/TSMM could easily host a fourth theatre, but then there is a bit of a decline of gains that maybe the extra spend for extra capacity could actually be better utilized on another attraction. We know the 50% capacity bump decreased standby waits way more than 50%.

Likely Millennium Falcon could have had a 5th/6th turntable combo, but that also seems like a general waste of money when it spent half the summer with quite short waits at Disneyland.
Soarin and TSMM now have sufficient capacity. FoP, SDD, SDMT do not. I’ll reserve judgement on Rise of the Resistance for now.

UNCgolf

It doesn't make me feel Ill but I definitely prefer Buzz over Midway Mania. I don't like that Midway Mania is litterally just screens with no sort of integration into the surrounding areas. It feels like just spinning around a big warehouse.

Both Buzz and Midway Mania need to be replaced. There's little chance of that happening (especially TSMM), but they're both tremendously outdated. Midway Mania is just a very old video game with 3D glasses and I've never understood why it's so popular. You can play it sitting at home (and I think the video game version actually has more levels than the ride). There's basically nothing to it beyond the screens showing the almost 15 year old video game; it's one of the worst attractions at Disney World. The Mr. Potatohead AA is the only thing worth saving.

I'd agree that Buzz is better if only because of the practical sets/theming, but it doesn't really belong in Tomorrowland. I don't think either of them are worthy of Disney.

No Name

Here is a new article detailing things about the attraction, some new to me, some known to us: https://orlandoparkstop.com/news/rumors/mickey-minnies-runaway-railway-everything-we-think-we-know/

My only disappointment thus far is that the ride and the short we’re going into should be titled the same thing, so that the sign on the theater fits thematically, reflecting the short the audience is theoretically attending for. Feels like an odd step backwards in the park’s drive for immersion. Otherwise I’m quite excited. Hope it opens on time.

Steph15251

Here is a new article detailing things about the attraction, some new to me, some known to us: https://orlandoparkstop.com/news/rumors/mickey-minnies-runaway-railway-everything-we-think-we-know/

My only disappointment thus far is that the ride and the short we’re going into should be titled the same thing, so that the sign on the theater fits thematically, reflecting the short the audience is theoretically attending for. Feels like an odd step backwards in the park’s drive for immersion. Otherwise I’m quite excited. Hope it opens on time.
This sounds like it would be a great ride,still wish it was going to be a new build but it is what it is.

Hank Hill

The "ride" part of TSMM is not essential to the experience at all. They could have just made arcade game style theaters with 15-20 cars that people go to involving no track.. Maybe add a bit of movement to the car, shaking or whatnot. And it would make the experience no worse at all, maybe even improve it. Or they could add arcade style game rooms as a shorter line alternative.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom