Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway confirmed

Chet Dakota

The "ride" part of TSMM is not essential to the experience at all. They could have just made arcade game style theaters with 15-20 cars that people go to involving no track.. Maybe add a bit of movement to the car, shaking or whatnot. And it would make the experience no worse at all, maybe even improve it. Or they could add arcade style game rooms as a shorter line alternative.
Our family loves TSMM as we have fun with the competition of the game and outscoring each other, and not just the final score, but the individual game scores.

You could put it in a static environment, but it would not be the same.

When the Wii came out years ago, we bought the TSMM game and got bored with it within a game or two.

Ravenclaw78

It's true that the queue theming for TSMM is vastly superior to the theming of the actual ride, but the warehouse-like interior is only obtrusive in a couple of spots between screens unless you're focused on it instead of the games. The competition with the others in the car adds a bit of adrenaline (especially if you know the others in your car), and the movement of the car between screens adds critical kinetic energy. Together, they elevate the experience from a boring midway game into a really fun and family-friendly D-ticket.

WED Purist

In Disney Parks official operations terminology, "Operational Hourly Rider Capacity", or OHRC, varies per attraction and is the hourly "goal" determined by what is achievable if the Cast Members are being efficient while also factoring in an average number of unavoidable delays. It is not a blanket calculation or percentage of theoretical across all attractions.
Sorry, I didn't mean to infer that OHRC is the same number for each attraction, they differ drastically based on the attraction.

ELG13

I appologize if it's already been discussed, but is there a concept video or anything? Just wondering what type of ride it will be....more like little mermaid or closer to an actual rollercoaster? I'll be 6m pregnant when we go and we have a 5 yr old so I'm tying to see if we would want to use fast passes for it or not.

SJN1279

I appologize if it's already been discussed, but is there a concept video or anything? Just wondering what type of ride it will be....more like little mermaid or closer to an actual rollercoaster? I'll be 6m pregnant when we go and we have a 5 yr old so I'm tying to see if we would want to use fast passes for it or not.

No height requirement, so just a straight trackless dark ride.

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
It sounds to me like a VQ for this ride would operate functionality like MaxPass.

Did I say the THRC pitched for is around 2400? Realistically it should be around 1800-2000.

Assuming this is still the case I imagine everyone who wants to ride in a 12-13 hour day will have the opportunity on a typical (non holiday) day. Does DHS even get 26000 guests on a random Tuesday?

Hard to imagine they keep the VQ if it’s constantly available almost immediately (a la GE opening) but I guess we’ll see.

SJN1279

No there aren’t FPs.

Two of our insiders have hinted (repeatedly) that this will not open with FP+. Now whether it has a virtual queue from the start remains to be seen. They could open with stand-by and use a VQ if necessary.
I like virtual queue, but since I only can visit from 9-1 in April, I much rather general admission.

nickys

Premium Member
I like virtual queue, but since I only can visit from 9-1 in April, I much rather general admission.

Even if they open with a VQ, I doubt the boarding groups will be filled within 3 minutes. Or even 30 minutes. Or even 2 hours. Your chances are reasonable as long as you arrive in time for rope drop.

No Name

Assuming this is still the case I imagine everyone who wants to ride in a 12-13 hour day will have the opportunity on a typical (non holiday) day. Does DHS even get 26000 guests on a random Tuesday?

Hard to imagine they keep the VQ if it’s constantly available almost immediately (a la GE opening) but I guess we’ll see.

DHS reportedly averaged over 30,000 guests a day in 2018, and between TSL, SWGE, and this, I’m sure they’re looking for that number to grow. But yes, this’ll be able to handle crowds better than other recent major attractions.

The main reasons I could see them using a virtual queue for MMRR are to lessen the effect of breakdowns (as with RotR), to force guests to choose between it and RotR, and/or because its queue area isn’t huge.

Jon81uk

Both Buzz and Midway Mania need to be replaced. There's little chance of that happening (especially TSMM), but they're both tremendously outdated. Midway Mania is just a very old video game with 3D glasses and I've never understood why it's so popular. You can play it sitting at home (and I think the video game version actually has more levels than the ride). There's basically nothing to it beyond the screens showing the almost 15 year old video game; it's one of the worst attractions at Disney World. The Mr. Potatohead AA is the only thing worth saving.

I'd agree that Buzz is better if only because of the practical sets/theming, but it doesn't really belong in Tomorrowland. I don't think either of them are worthy of Disney.

You know Toy Story Mania only opened in 2008? So the ride isn't even 12 years old and the Wii game is based on the ride and came out afterwards.

Yes the ride is basically a video game, but I don't have a game that do what the ride offers, ie theatre quality 3D.

There are also versions of the ride at other theme parks, such as Maus au Chocolat at Phantasialand (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maus_au_Chocolat) that is one of the most popular attractions in the park.
Its hardly an out-dated attraction.

Purduevian

Even if they open with a VQ, I doubt the boarding groups will be filled within 3 minutes. Or even 30 minutes. Or even 2 hours. Your chances are reasonable as long as you arrive in time for rope drop.

I'm going to disagree that MMRR will have VQ availability after 2 hours of park opening, assuming that they turn it ROTR VQ off and don't force customers to pick. The reason is, there is no trade off to making a reservation of VQ, unlike standby or Maxpass.

If MMRR offers standby, the trade off of getting in line is the loss of time you could be in line for other attractions. As the line builds, you are trading more and more time in the park for a ride of MMRR. Getting in line for MMRR prevents you from riding ToT, RnRC, RotR, SR, ect.

If HS were to switch to something like MaxPass over at Disneyland, the trade off for getting a Maxpass for MMRR is that you can't get a fastpass for another attraction until your time slot for MMRR has arrived. Getting this fastpass means no fastpass for ToT, RnRC, RotR, SR, ect.

With the VQ there is NO negative to getting one on your phone. You can get in the VQ and go get in line for another attraction AND still use your FPs as normal.

To make the system last longer, there needs to be a trade off. If there was a VQ for the teacups at magic kingdom the same way ROTR is operating, they would sell out quickly every morning, because why not get a free ride on teacups.

ELG13

Thank you!!! I'm excited....these cartoons are our sons favorite right now and I love how they are more like old school animation than CGI stuff.

No Name

I'm going to disagree that MMRR will have VQ availability after 2 hours of park opening, assuming that they turn it ROTR VQ off and don't force customers to pick. The reason is, there is no trade off to making a reservation of VQ, unlike standby or Maxpass.

If MMRR offers standby, the trade off of getting in line is the loss of time you could be in line for other attractions. As the line builds, you are trading more and more time in the park for a ride of MMRR. Getting in line for MMRR prevents you from riding ToT, RnRC, RotR, SR, ect.

If HS were to switch to something like MaxPass over at Disneyland, the trade off for getting a Maxpass for MMRR is that you can't get a fastpass for another attraction until your time slot for MMRR has arrived. Getting this fastpass means no fastpass for ToT, RnRC, RotR, SR, ect.

With the VQ there is NO negative to getting one on your phone. You can get in the VQ and go get in line for another attraction AND still use your FPs as normal.

To make the system last longer, there needs to be a trade off. If there was a VQ for the teacups at magic kingdom the same way ROTR is operating, they would sell out quickly every morning, because why not get a free ride on teacups.

I‘m thinking MMRR will be able to offer at least 50% more reservations than RotR is offering right now. Considering backup groups for RotR sometimes last two hours into park opening, I could see MMRR groups lasting long.

I agree there should be some sort of trade off though.

Jon81uk

There is no such thing as "getting a MaxPass". All paying for MaxPass gets you is the ability to book Fast Pass on your phone without visiting a kiosk, you still get the next available timeslot, same as with old Fast Pass. Disneyworld already has an entirely different system with Fast Pas Plus, where you are able to choose a return time.

MMRR will either offer all standby only, all boarding group only, all FastPass+ only or the regular mix of FP+ and standby. My guess is it will be same as Millennium Falcon and only offer standby to begin with and then they will open up FP+.

Purduevian

There is no such thing as "getting a MaxPass". All paying for MaxPass gets you is the ability to book Fast Pass on your phone without visiting a kiosk, you still get the next available timeslot, same as with old Fast Pass. Disneyworld already has an entirely different system with Fast Pas Plus, where you are able to choose a return time.

MMRR will either offer all standby only, all boarding group only, all FastPass+ only or the regular mix of FP+ and standby. My guess is it will be same as Millennium Falcon and only offer standby to begin with and then they will open up FP+.

Typo, my bad. Meant to say using Maxpass to get a fastpass, point still stands though.

peter11435

While max pass does only give you the next available time slot, that time could be earlier than what is currently being distributed via paper fastpass, And towards the end of the night can often give you availability even when paper fastpass distribution has been completed for the day. This is due to cancellations and changes being put back into the inventory for max pass but not for paper.

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
I'm going to disagree that MMRR will have VQ availability after 2 hours of park opening, assuming that they turn it ROTR VQ off and don't force customers to pick.
If the ride is working, there won’t be a days worth of riders in the park yet 2 hours after park opening.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom