Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway confirmed

tirian

Looks like a "cleaned up version" of Goofy and not the hobo version from the cartoons. Hope that turns out to be true...
Now that you can easily compare the old and new Mickey cartoons on Disney+, the new ones looks even worse. The classics perfected squash and stretch, fluidity, and a bounciness the new ones lack. There’s a reason they the classics looked like they did, and it wasn’t because they came from the forties. Disney (specifically Fred Moore) created that cartoon art style and everyone else copied it. The new cartoons are so badly animated, they might as well be on Cartoon Network or Nickelodeon.

I won’t deny they’re hilarious: they are. But they could—and should—have been either completely new characters instead of Mickey, or have been a complete return to the zanier, pie-eyed Mickey from his early color cartoons. At least that still had visual appeal in motion.

To say the new art style is hideous is an understatement. There’s a reason merchandise has slowly swung back to classic Mickey; the new look didn’t sell well during Mickey’s birthday, and most of the merch and playsets ended up in outlets. Alas, Iger has mandated the ride uses this ugly style because it’s “his” Mickey, just like SWGE is boring and stupid because it’s “his” trilogy.

The ride will be amazing. I hope that one day after Iger leaves, WDI updates it to use an art style that’s actually fun to watch in motion.

brb1006

Now that you can easily compare the old and new Mickey cartoons on Disney+, the new ones looks even worse. The classics perfected squash and stretch, fluidity, and a bounciness the new ones lack. There’s a reason they the classics looked like they did, and it wasn’t because they came from the forties. Disney (specifically Fred Moore) created that cartoon art style and everyone else copied it. The new cartoons are so badly animated, they might as well be on Cartoon Network or Nickelodeon.

I won’t deny they’re hilarious: they are. But they could—and should—have been either completely new characters instead of Mickey, or have been a complete return to the zanier, pie-eyed Mickey from his early color cartoons. At least that still had visual appeal in motion.

To say the new art style is hideous is an understatement. There’s a reason merchandise has slowly swung back to classic Mickey; the new look didn’t sell well during Mickey’s birthday, and most of the merch and playsets ended up in outlets. Alas, Iger has mandated the ride uses this ugly style because it’s “his” Mickey, just like SWGE is boring and stupid because it’s “his” trilogy.

The ride will be amazing. I hope that one day after Iger leaves, WDI updates it to use an art style that’s actually fun to watch in motion.
At least they made Mickey funny again.

VaderTron

I posted somewhere before that WDW are actively marketing discounts between March and May with emails specifically using this promotion of MMRR opening.

There will be a lot of very unhappy people if it turns out this won’t be open for the duration of the discount. I realise things change, but if they had any doubt as to the opening date they shouldn’t have used the ride in the promotion.
That would require Disney caring about their "guests". We took a family trip that my grandma couldn't make because her health took a turn for the worse. She ended up dying. When we asked Guest Relations if we could have a refund on her ticket they said no. They said she could try to use the value towards a future visit. We told her she died. They said they were sorry, but they don't give refunds.

Stay classy, Disney.

HongKongFu

This just might be a first for Disney:

The attraction poster makes the ride look worse than it will be(I think).

Normally promotional material embellishes, accentuates and exaggerates what the ride will be. In this case it looks to debase the ride down to a forgettable C ticket(I think).

I have to assume that this attraction will be a bonafide E ticket headliner but that poster makes it look worse than a 1955 Snow White low tech bus bar painted flat dark ride.

A train underwater or in outerspace just ain't right.....even considering we be takkin cartoons here.

Tom P.

That would require Disney caring about their "guests". We took a family trip that my grandma couldn't make because her health took a turn for the worse. She ended up dying. When we asked Guest Relations if we could have a refund on her ticket they said no. They said she could try to use the value towards a future visit. We told her she died. They said they were sorry, but they don't give refunds.

Stay classy, Disney.
I do not believe this story. Disney will give a refund if you claim someone coughed too loudly while you were watching the fireworks. I suppose any one individual cast member could "go rogue," but as a rule, Disney will refund anything if you squawk.

ChewbaccaYourMum

I do not believe this story. Disney will give a refund if you claim someone coughed too loudly while you were watching the fireworks. I suppose any one individual cast member could "go rogue," but as a rule, Disney will refund anything if you squawk.
I secondly don't believe this. My cousin did, what I thought was the impossible, and got a refund on her annual pass after already having it for a couple months. She just complained she didn't need it anymore or something.

HongKongFu

Check out videos of Tokyo’s “Pooh’s Hunny Hunt” to see some examples of screens used well

Yes I've ridden it 6 times......perhaps 8 and the screen portion is ok, I guess. You must be takkin bout the Tigger screen portion with a bounce effect but that absolutely by no means makes this a screen style attraction like that absurd Rat pile in Paris.
Hunny Hunt relies on corporal, tangible full sets.
The unbelievably magnificent Mystic Manor uses screens in a very limited role and it works beautifully.

But I fear this Mickey Rail will rely on too much screening. I hope I'm wrong.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom