Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway confirmed

TrojanUSC

I secondly don't believe this. My cousin did, what I thought was the impossible, and got a refund on her annual pass after already having it for a couple months. She just complained she didn't need it anymore or something.

I could believe this if you tried to do this via email or the phone. The call center CMs are poorly trained and follow the rule book. If you went into any actual park Guest Relations location, where they train their CMs to live in a "world of gray," as opposed to black & white, they'd have refunded you and probably given you a FP+ for the trouble.

HongKongFu

I remember reading the 'screens' for this attraction was achieved by using multiple layers of scrims, utilizing multiple projectors, along with physical props, to provide a 3D look and feel, without the glasses.

You are restoring my faith in mankind.

The above sounds like a next generation of screening your way through an attraction which just might impress me after all.

But it better be way, Way, WAY better than those god forsaken screens on Soarin'.

Goofyernmost

I pray they are designing an attraction that will surpas the GMV. Over two years to redeveloped an existing structure GUARDED I am.
Well, as a genre nothing will surpass it, but we need to bury (I think you are saying) GMR and look for the silver lining and give the new stuff a chance. To many people have already decided that because it is replacing a personally loved attraction that it is going to be terribly flawed. Like I said, suspension of disbelief and open to new ideas and technology would go a long way to enjoying this thing. I realize that I have not seen it myself yet, but I don't plan on comparing it to anything else and just let it win or lose based on its own merit.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Well, as a genre nothing will surpass it, but we need to bury (I think you are saying) GMR and look for the silver lining and give the new stuff a chance. To many people have already decided that because it is replacing a personally loved attraction that it is going to be terribly flawed. Like I said, suspension of disbelief and open to new ideas and technology would go a long way to enjoying this thing. I realize that I have not seen it myself yet, but I don't plan on comparing it to anything else and just let it win or lose based on its own merit.
It’ll be good, it’ll be enjoyable, but the short sighted travesty of not being a new build (unlike Anaheim and Paris) will remain.

VaderTron

I do not believe this story. Disney will give a refund if you claim someone coughed too loudly while you were watching the fireworks. I suppose any one individual cast member could "go rogue," but as a rule, Disney will refund anything if you squawk.
I still have the "ticket" card in my wallet. Want to see it?

ToTBellHop

I didn't expect you to agree with me, Martin, but when you get my age you start to file away what might have been in favor of what is here that I can enjoy now. Life is way to short. 🤔:)
I’m 35 and already agree with you. I’m to the point where I will enjoy my vacations as much as I can and if a certain vacation stops being enjoyable to me I’ll go elsewhere. Simple as that. There is no sense in continually complaining about something I am spending thousands of dollars to do. Only a fool would continue spending that kind of money to be so angry.

tirian

I do not believe this story. Disney will give a refund if you claim someone coughed too loudly while you were watching the fireworks. I suppose any one individual cast member could "go rogue," but as a rule, Disney will refund anything if you squawk.
My friends once had an awful experience: a group of drunks fell over and poured beer on them at Epcot, then tried starting a fight for the victims to reimburse the beer, and Disney security merely comped my friends some candy and told the drunks to behave. Generally, it all depends on who you get.

tirian

Yes I've ridden it 6 times......perhaps 8 and the screen portion is ok, I guess. You must be takkin bout the Tigger screen portion with a bounce effect but that absolutely by no means makes this a screen style attraction like that absurd Rat pile in Paris.
Hunny Hunt relies on corporal, tangible full sets.
The unbelievably magnificent Mystic Manor uses screens in a very limited role and it works beautifully.

But I fear this Mickey Rail will rely on too much screening. I hope I'm wrong.
MMRR appears to mix it all together. I’m much less interested in Ratatouille, which carts you through a series of screens.

Steph15251

I am sure I would love MMRR ,even though I would of rather it been a new build ,while I did really like GMR it was not my fav and it was getting very dated .It was in need of a Huge update .What I really liked about great movie ride the most was the length and the acting but it was the kind of ride easy to fall a sleep with jmo.

With that said I am kinda sad MMRR is going to Disneyland and Paris ,I feel DHS is in need of an e-ticket ride that is just at that park.

IMDREW

DFA8766A-E6C8-4354-93F9-C4F97C184004.jpeg

spring!

nickys

Premium Member

YodaMan

Opening team cast transfer over to the attraction on December 15. Are we really still thinking a Spring opening or are things actually moving way quicker?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom