Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway confirmed

begood524

Really hoping D23 will give a firmer date on this one, it's a little odd to be able to see basically zero indication of how close the project is.

Looking to book for early-mid May and trying to hold off 'til I feel comfortable this will be open.
I really hope D23 gives an actual look inside the ride or at least a concept video of something.... I feel like the details and concept art for this ride have been incredibly sparse.

phillip9698

It's a damn shame The Wizard of Oz has virtually NO representation in any major American theme park, despite the film's iconic status and continued appeal. Too bad most theme park companies focus on contemporary, likely flash-in-the-pan IPs instead (Avatar, Jaws, etc.). The film deserves better. And Oz would make an amazing attraction if done right. But then Disney doesn't care about its own Mary Poppins enough to give it a decent ride. What fools.

Jaws? Jaws has quite possibly the most well known theme music in history for a reason. That film is the exact opposite of flash in the pan, it's the quintessential animal attack film. It's also considered the 1st summer blockbuster in film.

That film literally changed society with how people view the ocean and sharks.

Magenta Panther

Jaws? Jaws has quite possibly the most well known theme music in history for a reason. That film is the exact opposite of flash in the pan, it's the quintessential animal attack film. It's also considered the 1st summer blockbuster in film.

That film literally changed society with how people view the ocean and sharks.

Hasn't exactly aged well, though, especially since that film didn't do real sharks any favors.

T.Will

phillip9698

Hasn't exactly aged well, though, especially since that film didn't do real sharks any favors.

The film has aged well, it's very watchable as the story is excellent, the music is great, and the use of physical props keeps if from looking too dated. It's a classic for a reason. The fact that scientists can site the continued viewing of that film as a big reason for mankind's fear of sharks shows it has lasting appeal and isn't flash in the pan.

Magenta Panther

The film has aged well, it's very watchable as the story is excellent, the music is great, and the use of physical props keeps if from looking too dated. It's a classic for a reason. The fact that scientists can site the continued viewing of that film as a big reason for mankind's fear of sharks shows it has lasting appeal and isn't flash in the pan.

Uh huh. What do scientists say about the constant viewing of that film inspiring people to kill a lot of sharks?

Skibum1970

Okay, I'll grant that Jaws has been remembered.

But I still say it hasn't aged well.

Counter that if you can.

"Jaws" is also a driver (along with many other shark films that are all inspired by "Jaws") for Shark Week. Heck, even Sharknado draws its tongue-in-cheek inspiration from Jaws. Still, though the film is still a good movie, I agree that it doesn't age well in a time when we understand shark behavior much more than we used to.

I think that we got here from MMRR due to a lack of news and then discussing other IP's that don't have any representation in Disney or Universal parks. Ironically, I remember a park that was supposed to be based on "Oz" but it never developed into anything. Maybe it's time that Disney work Jaws in the Mickey shorts.

I am Timmy

Monorail_Orange

Just in case anyone is curious as to the pace of this attraction, the queue looks almost exactly the same as it did during the last leak (July 2018). Oh also the walls are down at the extended queue.
I had the impression the queue wasn't changing much from the GMR (just the exhibits), at least up until theater room (the films shown would be a pre show for MMRR. All the physical changes would start at the old GMR load. Not sure where exactly I got that impression, though...old age is a bear.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom