Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway confirmed

seascape

Honestly, I’m kinda bummed by this. I like when resorts have unique rides.

How are they gonna change the backstory to fit Toontown? The DHS version (especially the preshow) seems to rely pretty heavily that we are stepping through a movie screen into a cartoon.
Universal showed with HP it's best to have cloned rides at their different parks. They also cloned the Simpson's and will do so with Nintendo. Nothing wrong about that and it is more profitable.

yensidtlaw1969

Universal showed with HP it's best to have cloned rides at their different parks. They also cloned the Simpson's and will do so with Nintendo. Nothing wrong about that and it is more profitable.
I mean . . . it's not like Universal invented that. Disney's been cloning attractions since the development of the Magic Kingdom. It's been around for decades before Harry Potter.

I think is point is that it's nice to have a healthy mix within a park of cloned and unique attractions. Once MMRR opens elsewhere, only Slinky Dog Dash, Alien Swirling Saucers, Voyage of the Little Mermaid, the new Lightning McQueen Show, and the Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular will remain as attractions at DHS that have never been cloned.

(Muppet Vision 3D is an unusual case where the clone has since closed, but it was cloned)

yensidtlaw1969

Maybe. I just feel that is way too late if they are already starting construction soon.
I would love for Disney to be taking up the method of starting construction and THEN announcing a project. To me it sounds much more appealing to announce an attraction 15 or so months before it opens than it is to wait 7 years after announcement for opening cough cough Pandora cough cough.

I don't expect them to make a pattern of it, but in most cases I think that would be a refreshing change of pace.

Even Star Wars Land is opening 4 years after its announcement -- a pretty reasonable amount of time in which to build it all, but a teeth-grinding amount of time to wait for it to come online. And construction started 8 months after announcement - could you imagine if instead they'd announced it last summer? Plenty of time for the hype machine to take hold, and we'd all have been following construction for years on these boards anyway, but to the average guest it'd be a thrilling surprise instead of a mind-numbing wait. You might even get fewer guests staving off trips until it opens.

DinoInstitute

I mean . . . it's not like Universal invented that. Disney's been cloning attractions since the development of the Magic Kingdom. It's been around for decades before Harry Potter.

I think is point is that it's nice to have a healthy mix within a park of cloned and unique attractions. Once MMRR opens elsewhere, only Slinky Dog Dash, Alien Swirling Saucers, Voyage of the Little Mermaid, the new Lightning McQueen Show, and the Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular will remain as attractions at DHS that have never been cloned.

(Muppet Vision 3D is an unusual case where the clone has since closed, but it was cloned)
Technically RnRC and ToT will be unique to DHS as well, as both of those attaction’s cloned versions have been/are being changed.

Surferboy567

Umm no, ToT currently is

View attachment 355079

BTW they havent done anything to the facade of The Grauman's Chinese Theater clone, its just the insides they've gutted for the new attraction..

Maybe it's not the "official icon" but my point is it's an EXTREMELY important building in HWS.

Side Note: To me it will always be the icon of HWS.

Rich Brownn

I would love for Disney to be taking up the method of starting construction and THEN announcing a project. To me it sounds much more appealing to announce an attraction 15 or so months before it opens than it is to wait 7 years after announcement for opening cough cough Pandora cough cough.

I don't expect them to make a pattern of it, but in most cases I think that would be a refreshing change of pace.

Even Star Wars Land is opening 4 years after its announcement -- a pretty reasonable amount of time in which to build it all, but a teeth-grinding amount of time to wait for it to come online. And construction started 8 months after announcement - could you imagine if instead they'd announced it last summer? Plenty of time for the hype machine to take hold, and we'd all have been following construction for years on these boards anyway, but to the average guest it'd be a thrilling surprise instead of a mind-numbing wait. You might even get fewer guests staving off trips until it opens.
Hey at least its not a decade like Haunted Mansion (on the map in 1957, facade completed in 1963, ride opened in 1969). Imagine if social media was around THEN! LOL

Surferboy567

This is the mother of all my replies at least in this thread so....here...we...go!
I have two main questions I wanted to ask (after writing this post more questions have came up in my head):

1.) Are they going to stealth reveal the opening of this attraction on a super random day on the blog? By D23 the attraction should be open? Or are they going to give this attraction the attention it deserves?

I think @Brer Oswald said it best (side note: That's an incredible username)
You don’t get new multimillion E Tickets every year.

2.) Similar to the first question when do we THINK this attraction will be open by? This could be wishful thinking but if they want this open by Galaxy's Edge (which they better) I'm thinking a Late June-Early July open for the railway. Would love to see what the insiders have to say on both these questions.

Bonus Question: I know I said I have two main questions but another I thought of while writing this...similarly like the first question:

When the attraction does open are they going to stealthy open up the attraction with no big hoopla or event (this sounds weird but it's something that has crossed my mind since we have heard NOTHING ABOUT THIS MULTIMILLION DOLLAR ATTRACTION GOING IN THE CHINESE THEATER? They have done this (sorta) for Frozen Ever After where it just kinda opened...and that was it. I don't think that would happen since (while maybe not officially) the ride that goes in the Chinese Theater is always going to be a big deal since to me it's the icon of the park. It's also the first Mickey headlined ride so it has that also.

It's clear WDI is confident in this attraction as @marni1971 has said it will be cloned in (two) parks maybe more.
MMRR will be cloned. Twice at the moment..... is that official yet?

They definitely are happy with the quality of the ride if they are comfortable with cloning it TWO times before the original actually opens and making that investment. So it's not a quality thing it's just so weird so I guess my last question is:

Why have they been so hush hush on a ride they are so clearly confident in? I get they want the attention on Galaxy's Edge (which is deservered) but I find it so weird? I get it's a screen based ride and as someone else in here has said maybe it's not Photogenic but that still makes no sense we have heard NOTHING about this ride since announcement and the "stay tooned" posters they have been up for the past 2 years. Maybe an insider can provide the clarification I'm looking for on these (now four questions)

ToTBellHop

This is the mother of all my replies at least in this thread so....here...we...go!
I have two main questions I wanted to ask (after writing this post more questions have came up in my head):

1.) Are they going to stealth reveal the opening of this attraction on a super random day on the blog? By D23 the attraction should be open? Or are they going to give this attraction the attention it deserves?

I think @Brer Oswald said it best (side note: That's an incredible username)

2.) Similar to the first question when do we THINK this attraction will be open by? This could be wishful thinking but if they want this open by Galaxy's Edge (which they better) I'm thinking a Late June-Early July open for the railway. Would love to see what the insiders have to say on both these questions.

Bonus Question: I know I said I have two main questions but another I thought of while writing this...similarly like the first question:

When the attraction does open are they going to stealthy open up the attraction with no big hoopla or event (this sounds weird but it's something that has crossed my mind since we have heard NOTHING ABOUT THIS MULTIMILLION DOLLAR ATTRACTION GOING IN THE CHINESE THEATER? They have done this (sorta) for Frozen Ever After where it just kinda opened...and that was it. I don't think that would happen since (while maybe not officially) the ride that goes in the Chinese Theater is always going to be a big deal since to me it's the icon of the park. It's also the first Mickey headlined ride so it has that also.

It's clear WDI is confident in this attraction as @marni1971 has said it will be cloned in (two) parks maybe more.

They definitely are happy with the quality of the ride if they are comfortable with cloning it TWO times before the original actually opens and making that investment. So it's not a quality thing it's just so weird so I guess my last question is:

Why have they been so hush hush on a ride they are so clearly confident in? I get they want the attention on Galaxy's Edge (which is deservered) but I find it so weird? I get it's a screen based ride and as someone else in here has said maybe it's not Photogenic but that still makes no sense we have heard NOTHING about this ride since announcement and the "stay tooned" posters they have been up for the past 2 years. Maybe an insider can provide the clarification I'm looking for on these (now four questions)
Simply, MMRR is not viewed as being as marketable as Star Wars. Star Wars will get people booking. Then they’ll enjoy MMRR. I expect MMRR will be featured in Disney Parks Blog posts for the fans to learn about its development and it will appears in some advertisements, not as a highlight, but as an example of “New Magic”. It should video quite well and look impressive in ads. So a similar focus to things like Rivers of Light, Frozen Ever After, or Ratatouille next year.

As I’ve said all along, I’m quite looking forward to this ride. It should be a LOT of fun. I happen to be visiting in August, leaving four days before SWL opens, so I expect previews will be available for SWL and MMRR will be open. But I’m looking forward to this and Hagrid’s Poorly Named Adventure more than Smuggler’s Run. RotR would be a different conversation. If it’s anything less than the best ride on the planet, WDI will have some explaining to do.

To your question of “when?” I don’t gather they will hit the beginning of summer, but I would expect they want guests riding by the first MNSSHP, AT THE LATEST, so they can have this running at max capacity by 8/29. From a practical standpoint, I’d imagine they’d want to have CMs running this regularly to learn their “flow” a month or more before SWL. In fact, I’d expect BOTH new rides to be in active previews during the weeks leading up to 8/29. They can’t afford to open them for the first time in late August. Too much is riding on this. And if they are willing to give a date for SWL 6 months out, they are confident they can easily beat that date. August is a wonderful time to start up two new indoor rides—no real impact from storms but they benefit from lessening crowds throughout the month until the parks are undoubtedly slammed from 8/29 on.

Last edited:

Surferboy567

Simply, MMRR is not viewed as being as marketable as Star Wars. Star Wars will get people booking. Then they’ll enjoy MMRR. I expect MMRR will be featured in Disney Parks Blog posts for the fans to learn about its development and it will appears in some advertisements, not as a highlight, but as an example of “New Magic”. It should video quite well and look impressive in ads. So a similar focus to things like Rivers of Light, Frozen Ever After, or Ratatouille next year.

As I’ve said all along, I’m quite looking forward to this ride. It should be a LOT of fun. I happen to be visiting in August, leaving four days before SWL opens, so I expect previews will be available for SWL and MMRR will be open. But I’m looking forward to this and Hagrid’s Poorly Named Adventure more than Smuggler’s Run. RotR would be a different conversation. If it’s anything less than the best ride on the planet, WDI will have some explaining to do.

I mean it worked on me I booked a room for Jan 2020 (group trip with some friends that have never been) so I'm going to see this and Star Wars. I'm sure smugglers run will be amazing for my wish fulfillment of being on the falcon. I have no doubt RotR will be the best ride ever made it's Star Wars...it would be so hard for them to mess this up. I'm just as excited for the runaway railway though not as excited...but definitely excited.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom