Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway confirmed

yensidtlaw1969

If the opening of this truly is after August, then the decision to bump up the unfinished GE to 08/29 truly baffles me. Everything was set into a planned schedule for a reason. It’s not a decision that is helping capacity in any way. I understand why they’d do it from a business perspective, but they still could have pulled off a tiered opening after Runaway Railway opened.

They’d honestly be smart to delay this attraction till next year IF it is opening after GE. To me it just seems like a waste of a card to play at the time it is currently scheduled for (Fall 2019). You don’t get new multimillion E Tickets every year.
For as much as I lament the situation Studios has found itself in recently, when you stop and think it is pretty remarkable that one park is getting 3 major multimillion-dollar E-Tickets in the same year. The park is in dire need, and they sort of backed themselves into that corner, but it's nearly unprecedented.

The closest example I can think of in Disney history of such grand post-park-opening addition is when Disneyland opened the Matterhorn, the Monorail, and the Submarine Voyage. Granted, that was all on the same day, which will not be the case here, but the significance is pretty undeniable. Hollywood Studios will be forever changed.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
How incredible (for Disney) to think they could actually open this thing right around 2 years after closing GMR. That’s an astonishing pace for WDW.
In all fairness it can be classed almost as an overlay. The building was there. The space was there. The utilities were there. The queue is already built.

And what made it most appealing was the totally flat floor for an AGV style ride was already there. It’s more like adding TSMM into a sound stage.

It won’t be unique to DHS for long either.

nickys

Premium Member
In all fairness it can be classed almost as an overlay. The building was there. The space was there. The utilities were there. The queue is already built.

And what made it most appealing was the totally flat floor for an AGV style ride was already there. It’s more like adding TSMM into a sound stage.

:oops:

I know there was talk of redoing one of the shows, LM or BatB (I forget which).

But are you suggesting they will be adding a ride into an existing building in the foreseeable future? Like into the Launch Bay perhaps? Or the one where they show that 10 minute summary of the Star Wars Story to date..... Or another building I’m forgetting ......

I know you probably can’t say. A wink would do .... ;)

By the way, I’m thinking of trade marking that wink and whistle emoji you did, we can call it the “marni wink”! Split the royalties?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
:oops:

I know there was talk of redoing one of the shows, LM or BatB (I forget which).

But are you suggesting they will be adding a ride into an existing building in the foreseeable future? Like into the Launch Bay perhaps? Or the one where they show that 10 minute summary of the Star Wars Story to date..... Or another building I’m forgetting ......

I know you probably can’t say. A wink would do .... ;)

By the way, I’m thinking of trade marking that wink and whistle emoji you did, we can call it the “marni wink”! Split the royalties?
MMRR will be cloned. Twice at the moment..... is that official yet?

Mike S

Really stinks how DHS won’t have any true star attraction to call its own unless you’d say Slinky Dog 😕
MMRR will be cloned. Twice at the moment..... is that official yet?
DL and DLP I’m guessing?

nickys

Premium Member
Strong, insistent, well-sourced rumor indicated Toontown at DLR and Disneyland Paris (Studios would seem to make sense, but I think I saw somewhere that it might end up on their long-dormant Mermaid plot in Fantasyland?)

Does that still hold true?

Ohhhhhhh. Cloned at different parks? Duh!

Well bah humbug, I thought he meant another ride coming to DHS.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Honestly, I’m kinda bummed by this. I like when resorts have unique rides.

How are they gonna change the backstory to fit Toontown? The DHS version (especially the preshow) seems to rely pretty heavily that we are stepping through a movie screen into a cartoon.
The location itself would play a large part of the backstory. Give the exterior a cinema facade and bingo.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom