Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway confirmed

roj2323

Some construction walls have popped up to the left of the theater. I believe this was just a backstage entrance?

OjgeGWz.jpg

Correct. inside the double doors behind this wall there's a second set of double doors to the left that go to the preshow theater and a short stairwell to the right that goes to an elevator/stairwell alcove that goes up to the character break room. It's essentially an emergency exit point and not much else.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Which is basically a direct lift of this
Imagineering-Disney_Natures-Wonderland_map-2.jpg

From here:

Frontierland's Rainbow Cavern Mine Train opened one year after Disneyland, in 1956, and was revamped and expanded into Mine Train Through Nature's Wonderland in 1960. In addition to the caverns, the ride included show scenes for Balancing Rocks and the multi-colored Devil's Paint Pots geysers, which also are referenced in the new Mickey Mouse short.

The old attraction was designed as a tie-in to Disney's True-Life Adventures short film series, so, yep, Disney was doing IP in its theme parks since the beginning. You are watching an online video referencing a theme park attraction that referenced an old short film series. It's the Media Circle of Life.

elchippo

Shared tech is fine and generally avoids cloning problems. The only thing Dino shows is the problem when execs choose ride tech because they have it rather then because it fits the attraction they want to build. A strong counter-example is RSR, which is so vastly superior to TT it's amazing.
I support the idea of a one clone maximum. If an Asian resort or Paris gets it, then ONE domestic park can have it but not both, and vice versa. If Paris gets something and its cloned in Hong Kong, then it remains abroad, and so on. WDW is getting Ratatouille and TRON clones, so nowhere else! But I also say shared tech can be unlimited.

Slowjack

I think the lineage for that ride system is
Indiana Jones -> Rocket Rods -> Test Track -> Journey to the Center of the Earth -> Radiator Racers.
I think that's the right order of ride openings, but the timeline is a little muddled because of how long Test Track and the Rods were delayed. I'm pretty sure Test Track was designed before Rocket Rods but I could be wrong about that. Also note that the tech seems to be an offshoot of the system used on the (WDW) Tower of Terror, in the 5th Dimension scene. I guess you can consider this answer to be a stand-in until Martin comes in and sets us straight :).

Magic Feather

I think that's the right order of ride openings, but the timeline is a little muddled because of how long Test Track and the Rods were delayed. I'm pretty sure Test Track was designed before Rocket Rods but I could be wrong about that. Also note that the tech seems to be an offshoot of the system used on the (WDW) Tower of Terror, in the 5th Dimension scene. I guess you can consider this answer to be a stand-in until Martin comes in and sets us straight :).
Tower's 5th Dimension was on a wire based trackless system akin to energy or GMR (RIP).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom