Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway confirmed

WDWbuff2001

DHM8_QcVwAAA-OX.jpg
DHM8_QcVwAAA-OX.jpg
DHM8_QeVwAAW3wD.jpg

Not yet so far
I wonder if there is something similar with Guardians outside Ellen?

Link: https://twitter.com/OrlandoParkStop/status/897127817976193024

Amidala

For their facade, they'll likely put a neon Mickey sign on the roof, just like Gala Premiere, except with the modern Mickey sign. Either that, or Mickey Mouse drapery around the theatre.

I like this! Very glad that the facade of the theater is staying intact, but would definitely love to see a wink and a nod to the new ride beyond signage.

And it's strange that GOTG hasn't been advertised at UoE yet, but MMRR already has. Will MMRR be opening sooner than GOTG?

Brer Oswald

I like this! Very glad that the facade of the theater is staying intact, but would definitely love to see a wink and a nod to the new ride beyond signage.

And it's strange that GOTG hasn't been advertised at UoE yet, but MMRR already has. Will MMRR be opening sooner than GOTG?
Yeah, I'm pretty sure Mickey is expected around 2019/2020. If I heard correctly, Guardians may not be expected till after the 50th, or right during it.

WDWbuff2001

yes it is rumored to open with star wars galaxy edge in 2019

Amidala

In that case, I guess it makes sense to leave things more open-ended over at UoE. Plus TDO has already announced the kind of ride MMRR will be and how it will look and feel (in theory), but all we know is that there will be a GOTG ride of some kind (insiders say coaster, but IIRC that hasn't been announced by Disney).

MagicHappens1971

Well if I remember right the show building itself is getting a lot of work, which would require scrims and construction walls, unlike GMR. It's probably just a matter of time.

anchorman314

It sort of makes sense that these signs are up, but none yet on Energy. The Chinese Theater is smack dab in the middle of the park. Energy is off to the side, down some pathways. The sandwich board can suffice, at least for now.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Does anyone know who goes into these projects the day after they are closed? Does Imagineering go in to dismantle all the set pieces and decide what to keep and what to trash? Is there a special team that does it? I'm curious what the process is.
WDI don't pull stuff out; the archives do. They have a limited time to salvage what they can. Then the demo crew will work to plans to begin the gutting.

Inagineering tend to just oversee these processes. They really only get physically involved when they have the area they want.

aladdin2007

WDI don't pull stuff out; the archives do. They have a limited time to salvage what they can. Then the demo crew will work to plans to begin the gutting.

Inagineering tend to just oversee these processes. They really only get physically involved when they have the area they want.

do they have a whole team or just a couple people that goes in there with a list per say? or is it more of just a random walk through and deciding in the moment what they want to take? Or is that decided well in advance? I know they had maelstrom gutted super fast, but of course that was much smaller.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
do they have a whole team or just a couple people that goes in there with a list per say? or is it more of just a random walk through and deciding in the moment what they want to take? Or is that decided well in advance? I know they had maelstrom gutted super fast, but of course that was much smaller.
It's decided well in advance.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom