Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway confirmed

Brer Oswald

'Everyone' isn't. We are on a WDW fan forum where crazy Disney fans like us discuss and debate life altering topics such as...how the batter dipping is improving with the hand-dipped corn dogs at Sleepy Hollow, is there really something wrong with the hippo's eye in IASW, what are the actual ride cycle times on FoP, whether the start of Slinky Dog Dash should be a lift hill instead of a launch, and yes, what style Mickey Mouse should be in this new attraction. A great many people on here, myself included, love the choice in and of itself, and also appreciate the business case to use this version. And, 99.9% of the people who ride are likely unaware that Mickey has ever been animated differently since Ub Iwerks sketched him, or simply don't care. Any sample on this site definitely contains bias. We are not 'normal'. :)
Thanks for enlightening me. I thought I was the most critical person on Mickey's design, and rather Mickey in general, but I guess not. It sucks to lose GMR, but if we were going to lose it to anything, I'm glad it's this!

EricsBiscuit

Here's from GMR today. I'm so fortunate I got to go! They even had the fire working and every scene aside from footlight parade was working.

Attachments

• IMG_4507.JPG
    IMG_4507.JPG
    96.4 KB · Views: 188
  • IMG_4434.JPG
    IMG_4434.JPG
    78.4 KB · Views: 204
  • IMG_4424.JPG
    IMG_4424.JPG
    89.2 KB · Views: 206

Movielover

I've been on GMR at least 15 times and I don't think I've ever seen the fire effect

My dad said that when they first opened they had to have HVAC trucks to pump cool air in because of the fire scene! Today they would just disable the effect...

The fire effect was only for the tram that stop in the Western show scene for the bank robbery. It was used to suggest that your tour guide was KIA due to them running into the bank right before. If you were on the other tram and stopped in the gangster scene then you would not have seen this effect.

Amidala

Sure I will get flamed for this comment, but I actually hoped that maybe the Chinese Theatre facade would be removed in favor of a more neutral design since the park is moving away from the "studio" theme.

I think the Chinese Theater facade will still make sense in a renamed, post-SWL DHS, assuming that the park is still about movies. The park's focus will probably shift to "going inside the movies" (inside Star Wars, TSL, etc.) rather than learning how movies are made. And like people have said, the Chinese Theater has nothing to do w/ studios and actually feels like the perfect culmination of walking down Sunset Boulevard IMO!

becca_

Does anyone know who goes into these projects the day after they are closed? Does Imagineering go in to dismantle all the set pieces and decide what to keep and what to trash? Is there a special team that does it? I'm curious what the process is.
It'd be cool if they could film it too and release it once the new ride is up and running.... but that's just my wishful thinking here :p

No Name

Putting "coming soon" signs, models, visible construction, etc. around this shell of a park is sure to make people feel great about when they chose to visit. :rolleyes:

Sure I will get flamed for this comment, but I actually hoped that maybe the Chinese Theatre facade would be removed in favor of a more neutral design since the park is moving away from the "studio" theme.

Why? A theater is not a studio. Studios are where movies are made, theaters are where movies are shown. I think the chinese theater more sense than it ever has.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom