Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway confirmed

MJ6987

This is not going to be a coaster, it is going to be a trackless dark ride like the Ratatouille ride in Paris.
I'm not sure if you read my whole post. Virtual runaway train should "feel like" an actual runaway train. People like my wife don't like the feel of runaway train rides.

Whereas GMR is a ride accessible to almost all.

tirian

Are those physical sets doing that? It's hard to tell what we're looking at.
Imagine the rotating screens in the original Universe of Energy from 1982. The Imagineers using 70s and 80s technology accomplished more impressive attractions with layers of practical and digital effects.

According to @whylightbulb, this clip shows the least impressive part of the ride. Since I've only heard more about it and haven't seen concept art, I'll take his word for it. But the cheaply, badly animated art style really is a tragic IP decision from Iger. I think everyone was hoping for Mickey across the decades.

GMR is one of my favorite attractions, and I was sad when I learned it would be leaving. But it is almost 30 years old, and with licensing, sponsorship, and the cost to operate it, I get it. When I heard it would be a Mickey ride I figured there was no way they could mess that up.

Well I was wrong. This "New Mickey" is terrifying. With almost a century of Mickey cartoons it is a disgrace to use this awful version. Im sure the ride system will be amazing, but a great ride system cannot save such ugly animation.

DaBears81

I apologize if it was posted elsewhere and I missed it (very possible considering how much has been post in the last 48 hours) but is the theater facade staying? Or are the completely changing the outside of the building? Thanks, and again sorry if I missed it posted somewhere else.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I apologize if it was posted elsewhere and I missed it (very possible considering how much has been post in the last 48 hours) but is the theater facade staying? Or are the completely changing the outside of the building? Thanks, and again sorry if I missed it posted somewhere else.

Yes it is staying.

TJJohn12

It's literally answered a handful of posts above yours right on this page... Yes. The Chinese Facade is staying - this is an internal refurb only.

brb1006

I never seen that many people divided over the Mickey Mouse design until now. Most people didn't really mind the look since 2013 until the announcement. And some of the new shorts are actually good to watch. I loved the one where it was set in The Netherlands and Potatoland. Not all of the new Mickey shorts are grossout.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom