Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway confirmed

rocketraccoon

They've moved the construction walls up to cover the entire exit. Before they just covered a backstage access.

a1.jpg

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    170 KB · Views: 67

Rob562

In looking at aerial views, there's an empty courtyard out back behind the theater facade, pretty much on the other side of the wall right behind the Joffrey's coffee kiosk in Pixar Place. At one time this footprint was mostly taken up by the Sorcery fireworks and inflatable Mickey towers, but now it's probably just used as an outdoor CM break area (you can see one or two umbrellas in the aerial) and perhaps some electrical gear.

I don't see why they couldn't knock out part of the back wall in the first lobby area and either put in a covered outdoor extended queue area, or perhaps even build a true extension onto the building with air conditioning and everything. If you were going through the old queue, this space would essentially be a right-hand turn just after you entered the theater building from the side entrance door.

View attachment 264026

(That's a pretty large potential queue area....)

Edit to add: To help those visualizing where in the interior it is, here's a pic (pulled from Martin's tribute video). This is immediately inside the side door. The courtyard is through the wall on the righthand side, where the vase is... (The courtyard is a least a few steps below the level of the lobby floor, but that's hardly a huge hurdle to overcome)

View attachment 264027

-Rob

Not to toot my own Armchair Imagineering horn, but..... :angelic:;)

Seen in the excellent aerials posted today of Toy Story Land by @cchard, I spotted this new structure back there.....

Behing GMR.jpg

-Rob

Movielover

There is also a ton of infrastructure and equipment that is under that awning that would have to be moved in order to turn that area into any kind of "on-stage" condition. I just don't see it.

Rob562

The awning and the two kiosks have been there for over a year.

The fencing was repositioned a week ago.

So... what's new?

Whoops, my bad.

I thought the Google aerial views I was looking at of the area before were at least up to date where TSL was a pile of dirt, but looking back at them I realize that was wrong. The wider aerial photos still show TSL as the previous untouched tram tour and parking lots, etc

[puts tail between legs and slinks away in shame...] :oops:

-Rob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom