Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway confirmed

ToTBellHop

Sort of, but the ride being built will be expensive and it's being built as planned. Whenever you place something new in an old building, it's hard to use all of the space. That building was built for GMR. Had they made the (arguably) better decision to go entirely-new-build for MMRR, a large new building would be under construction that is perfectly-matched to MMRR's needs.

Ever seen how much of Mr. Toad is actually used for Pooh?

Or some of Food Rocks was used for the Soarin queue, but much of it just sat behind the queue for years. I believe it was recently demoed for a restroom expansion.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
From bioreconstruct on Twitter. You can see work going on at the ride...

upload_2017-8-26_19-27-30.png

Movielover

And the 1%?

Sets from the Harry Potter Films on the WB Studio Tour :hilarious:
https://www.wbstudiotour.co.uk/experience

In all seriousness there are plenty of sets from movies still standing that you can visit, for example the studio Tour at Universal in Hollywood. Problem is that all movie sets are built as sets and deteriorate very quickly over time due to their temporary like construction. Sets just aren't built to last for a long time.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I remember seeing a concept art of one of the trains about to plummet down a waterfall, will this be like Spidey at IOA with the antigravity "rising" buildings? Curious to see if they can pull off an effect as cool as that one.

Spidey is on a kuka arm and can tilt you almost straight down looking at the floor. If the MMRR has any tilt it will be sleight because it's a vehicle traveling on a flat surface. Most of the visual cues will be lateral and not vertical.... I presume.

Tom Morrow

Spidey is on a kuka arm and can tilt you almost straight down looking at the floor. If the MMRR has any tilt it will be sleight because it's a vehicle traveling on a flat surface. Most of the visual cues will be lateral and not vertical.... I presume.
Spidey doesn't use any type of Kuka arm, but Forbidden Journey does. Essentially the Spider-Man and Transformers vehicles are similar to those on Dinosaur, with the added ability to rotate 360 degrees.

Last edited:

Movielover

Spidey doesn't use any type of Kuka arm, but Forbidden Journey does. Essentially the Spider-Man and Transformers vehicles are similar to those on Dinosaur, with the added ability to rotate 360 degrees.

Correct, the "vertical" movement achieved in Spidey is created by the car moving past a series of moving backdrops of "buildings". These pieces scroll as you move past them creating a sense of lift combined with the Scoop's pitch and yaw. The effect is then repeated as the Scoop "hovers" horizontally past the different screens with these moving pieces hiding the screen edges.. The Climatic drop after is mainly present through just a screen plus the Scoop's movement since the fall is so quick.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

I stand corrected, it's not on an arm.

It's on a base (which is on a track) which can provide serious tilt in all directions.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom