Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway confirmed

yensidtlaw1969

This. It won’t be plain sailing but it shouldn’t be the cluster seen elsewhere.
I think it's totally fair for any sufficiently ambitious new ride to experience hiccups in early operation with the public. If Runaway Railway finds itself shutting down occasionally in the first months of its operation, I think we should be prepared to forgive that as an unexceptional offense. Disappointing though it is for those standing in line when those moments occur.

Rise of the Resistance is, of course, pretty wildly exceptional in its headaches. I appreciate the lengths to which Disney seems to be going to mitigate the frustration for in-park guests, despite the imperfections in that system. They really seem to have rallied to try to make work a ride that isn't totally working yet.

*Lightly drops the opinion that MMRR should not make use of a Boarding Group system since the circumstances around it and RotR are so very deeply different*

😙

ifuhadreams

I’ve really fought for more info but I happened to make friends with management-aspirees who take their roles far too seriously. All I know is that it’s Good but they’re not overly enthusiastic about it.
well that’s disappointing. Conceptually it’s such a great idea and has the potential to be so unique. Maybe they haven’t seen the whole show put together and operating at full potential during testing. Either that or WDI screwed up the execution in someway.

EricsBiscuit

You know what’s “fair”? Lines are fair. No golden ticket line-jumping, no boarding groups. Lines. You wait in a nice queue and board after the person in front of you. No artificial stops and starts. Six-hour line? Don’t get in. It will fluctuate because there isn’t a billion-dollar system in place ensuring a constant level of misery. Or go to another line, because it will be shorter, because people are physically waiting in the six-hour line.

And if Disney doesn’t want people waiting in a six-hour line? Extend park hours to 1 or 2. Or increase capacity any way possible, with loads of street entertainment until new people-eating attractions can be opened.

This is a massive mess, and every inch of it is WDWs fault. And they have no interest in fixing it.
You know what’s an awful experience?Waiting more than 3 hours in line. The boarding groups are fantastic.

Parker in NYC

*Lightly drops the opinion that MMRR should not make use of a Boarding Group system since the circumstances around it and RotR are so very deeply different*

😙

I still think there will be.

You know what’s an awful experience?Waiting more than 3 hours in line. The boarding groups are fantastic.

Especially since that 3 hour wait can bloat to 5 hours with unscheduled downtime. Although, I don't know if they'd dump the line each time.

begood524

I apologize if this has been asked, but is the majority of this ride just going to be big rooms with screens covering the walls and ceilings? I kinda got that impression from the "test footage" shown at D23 and from the ride layout blueprints that surfaced.

DarkMetroid567

well that’s disappointing. Conceptually it’s such a great idea and has the potential to be so unique. Maybe they haven’t seen the whole show put together and operating at full potential during testing. Either that or WDI screwed up the execution in someway.

I honestly think it’ll be something good, especially based off the gimmicks of some scenes, but I’ll still be heading in with low expectations, as well as for the WEB attraction over at DCA.

My expectations were through the roof for Rise and I won’t let myself do that again :p

Markiewong

I apologize if this has been asked, but is the majority of this ride just going to be big rooms with screens covering the walls and ceilings? I kinda got that impression from the "test footage" shown at D23 and from the ride layout blueprints that surfaced.
Kinda, imagine the old Fantasyland darkrides with all the cutouts. But instead of black lit cardboards its projection screens. And I assume some of them will move aswell as shown in the D23 demo where you saw the trees flipping.

1580424278489.jpeg

ifuhadreams

I honestly think it’ll be something good, especially based off the gimmicks of some scenes, but I’ll still be heading in with low expectations, as well as for the WEB attraction over at DCA.

My expectations were through the roof for Rise and I won’t let myself do that again :p
I had very high expectations for Rise as well. The actual experience definitely did not exceed them but I would definitely put it in the same class as Shanghai Pirates which is saying a lot. I would be satisfied if the quality of MMRR equaled Rise or Shanghai Pirates but it doesn’t sound like that is the case.

Again, it could be that training crews haven’t yet seen show scenes working completely yet. If all elements aren’t working together as designed than that could make the experience seem lacking. I’m hoping that is the case because, from what I’ve seen, MMRR has potential for an impressive wow factor.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster

durangojim

Andrew C

You know what's funny?

ThatMouse

What exactly was the point of that latest promo video? What did we learn ?

We learned that trainers have to wear khaki pants, and even the president knows how to put on a fake persona! One CM mentioned she'd been watching "Mickey Shorts" all her life! lol! Mickey Shorts are typically considered the films which began in 1928:

There's also a TV series called "Mickey Mouse" which started in 2013, which this attraction is ACTUALLY based on:

durangojim

We learned that trainers have to wear khaki pants, and even the president knows how to put on a fake persona! One CM mentioned she'd been watching "Mickey Shorts" all her life! lol! Mickey Shorts are typically considered the films which began in 1928:

There's also a TV series called "Mickey Mouse" which started in 2013, which this attraction is ACTUALLY based on:
Eh, I've been watching Mickey Shorts all my life too and I was born in 1975. Saw them in the theater before Davy Crocket, saw them on the old Disney Channel, saw them on the magical express busses and disney cruises, and still see them on Disney plus. Don't really think that's a big deal to nit pick about.

Last edited:

Rinx

There is so much wrong with this video. Goodbye forever to the Disney look we all were accustomed to for CM's. Noticed it on my trip last week, too. So much inconsistency in regards to facial hair, shirts tucked or untucked, and even CM's just standing around with their hands in their pockets, leaning on walls twirling their hair, etc. Unfortunately there's more...:facepalm:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom