Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway confirmed

brb1006

Let's hope they don't have to shut down Toy Story Mania before opening TSL. Not sure if any work would need to be done that requires a closure but man, wouldn't that be something? LOL

I can't believe they're letting a park get down to four attractions. They KNOW the parks NEED ADDED CAPACITY yet insist on putting this ride in GMR. They should have also greenlit the Monster's coaster. Well, we should have gotten Cars Land too. Big missed opportunity with this "makeover"
@Pam Hates Penguins would agree with you about Cars Land.:rolleyes:

brb1006

I know a lot of folks are turned off by the animation design. But I wouldn't be surprised if we see the Mickey and Minnie character models updated a little from the shorts. We've seen the character model for Donald evolve from the shorts into the Ducktales model, so I'm assuming this will include the same types of tweaks.

And the character models seem to be evolving as the shorts keep getting produced (over 60 have aired)
So far Goofy appears to be given a more cleaner appearance compared to his shorts design.

Boek68

A triple post? Really?

and Disney Jr. is definitely not a ride. This park is down to only four rides. Any of which can experience downtime at any min, just think if for some reason RNR or TOT went down at the same time, that would leave Star Tours and Toy Story as the only two rides in the park!!

TrojanUSC

A triple post? Really?

and Disney Jr. is definitely not a ride. This park is down to only four rides. Any of which can experience downtime at any min, just think if for some reason RNR or TOT went down at the same time, that would leave Star Tours and Toy Story as the only two rides in the park!!

Tower is technically two rides operating completely independently of eachother (Echo and Foxtrot). There's very very few reasons both sides would go down at the same time.

doctornick

I'm much more bothered about DHS get a replacement ride (as opposed to a new build) than that GMR is going away. Replacing GMR with what sounds like (to me) a pretty neat Mickey ride is a defensible idea; sure GMR fits being in the center of the park but I think Mickey works appropriately as well. If they were making this switch and announced another full land with 3-4 rides (in addition to TSL and SW:GE) then I'd feel pretty thrilled with the plans.

Do they realize the park will still only have 9 rides when this "massive" overhaul is done?

No Name

But then we get that guy chiming in telling us that Pixar isn't a theme. I'm with you though. Putting in half a dozen busbar Pixar C-tickets would have been a nice alternative to Toy Story Land.

Pixar isn't a theme. :D

But obviously the folks at TDA don't care. If DCA will soon have Cars Land and Pixar Pier, what's to say DHS can't have Toy Story Land and a Pixar Place? Stupidity makes anything possible.

njDizFan

Much to my chagrin, my wife is thrilled this ride is closing. As a school teacher she hates that the GMR normalizes the aspect of people shooting at/near you in an enclosed space. I always respond with the fact that you are supposed to be part of the story, which she responds with the evidence around the shooting at the Batman movie where people thought it was part of the show.

With the prevalence of school shootings and lock down drills that are now required I see her point. I still stand firm that this is a classic ride and should remain as the icon of the park and a nod to classic cinema and the studio them of the park.

HMF

Much to my chagrin, my wife is thrilled this ride is closing. As a school teacher she hates that the GMR normalizes the aspect of people shooting at/near you in an enclosed space. I always respond with the fact that you are supposed to be part of the story, which she responds with the evidence around the shooting at the Batman movie where people thought it was part of the show.

With the prevalence of school shootings and lock down drills that are now required I see her point. I still stand firm that this is a classic ride and should remain as the icon of the park and a nod to classic cinema and the studio them of the park.
The sad truth is that people would rather censor entertainment than deal with the real underlying problem.

Disney Analyst

The sad truth is that people would rather censor entertainment than deal with the real underlying problem.

Well the question becomes what are the effects of such "entertainment" on the human psyche. While I am not a proponent for censorship, there are many studies detailing the negative effects on some minds that tv/movies/video games that depict violence have.

No Name

I too understand her opinion. Well maybe for slightly different reasons. Anyway, I never loved that part of the ride.

However, I think Disney could've certainly kept the GMR but replaced this portion with some other equally-impressive, live movie conflict. The solution didn't have to be a complete gutting and replacement of the ride.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom