Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway confirmed

Kman101

Oh god I just realized, now that this is closing there will literally be 4 rides in the entire park... until TSL open. :eek:

Let's hope they don't have to shut down Toy Story Mania before opening TSL. Not sure if any work would need to be done that requires a closure but man, wouldn't that be something? LOL

I can't believe they're letting a park get down to four attractions. They KNOW the parks NEED ADDED CAPACITY yet insist on putting this ride in GMR. They should have also greenlit the Monster's coaster. Well, we should have gotten Cars Land too. Big missed opportunity with this "makeover"

Goofyernmost

It opened with only two. GMR and the Backlot Tour. All the rest were shows or walk through exhibits of movie making. There's still a lot of those left, people just have to start to understand that Disney never has been all rides and hopefully never will be, although it is leaning more and more that way.

Rodan75

I know a lot of folks are turned off by the animation design. But I wouldn't be surprised if we see the Mickey and Minnie character models updated a little from the shorts. We've seen the character model for Donald evolve from the shorts into the Ducktales model, so I'm assuming this will include the same types of tweaks.

And the character models seem to be evolving as the shorts keep getting produced (over 60 have aired)

anchorman314

Let's hope they don't have to shut down Toy Story Mania before opening TSL. Not sure if any work would need to be done that requires a closure but man, wouldn't that be something? LOL

I can't believe they're letting a park get down to four attractions. They KNOW the parks NEED ADDED CAPACITY yet insist on putting this ride in GMR. They should have also greenlit the Monster's coaster. Well, we should have gotten Cars Land too. Big missed opportunity with this "makeover"
You're points are completely valid (and I agree with them). But just to be fair, the park won't be down to 4 attractions. It will have 4 rides and a handful of shows & exhibits.

Daveeeeed

It opened with only two. GMR and the Backlot Tour. All the rest were shows or walk through exhibits of movie making. There's still a lot of those left, people just have to start to understand that Disney never has been all rides and hopefully never will be, although it is leaning more and more that way.
While that is true, there's no need to continue to reduce capacity. Also I heard a theater is opening on Main Street:eek:

rsm

Very valid point - but wasnt the backlot tour like a 4 hour experience back then? Adjusted for inflation, todays park ticket prices would be $50 and change in 1989.

Goofyernmost

While that is true, there's no need to continue to reduce capacity. Also I heard a theater is opening on Main Street:eek:
It's my feeling that if they enlarge the park by placing two popular lands (TSL and SWL) to an area that had limited draw for many years now, I will have trouble understanding how that reduces capacity. If you are referring to closing GMR before the others have opened, OK, that will be a problem, but, my guess is that they figure that as long as everything is in a mess, people constantly repeating how there is nothing to do at DHS, it is as good a time as any to get everything taken care of at the same time. We shall see what affect this has on the park when it all happens.

Goofyernmost

Very valid point - but wasnt the backlot tour like a 4 hour experience back then? Adjusted for inflation, todays park ticket prices would be $50 and change in 1989.
What the ticket prices were really has no bearing on anything. It may have been less money in 1989, but, all the parks were the same price. MK and Epcot had all kinds of things and it cost the same thing.

The Back Lot tour was long (probably closer to 3 hours then 4, but, it was in segments and not everyone did everything. There are still more "rides" there now then back then even with the loss of the Back lot tour. The only ride connected with that was the tram ride that featured Catastrophe Canyon. Lights, Action, etc. did take in a lot of people per performance, but, it was just another show and not constant. The two lands should have that many people in them constantly as long as the park is open.

Epcotfan21

Might try to make a trip up to ride Great Movie Ride one more time before it closes forever, but is the last day going to be the 13th? Or is it technically the 12th since they said the ride will be closed the 13th?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom