Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway confirmed

ToTBellHop

Thank god that was fixed then...
LOL. I remember when it closed, thinking that it was, honestly, dated, so I was excited for a redo. It was one of my favorite rides and I thought they’d make it better. I was floored by how unimaginative JIYI was. If only we’d had these boards back then, I would have known it’d be awful and formed a complete opinion of JIYI before JII even closed.

It still boggles my mind how unsuccessful it is as a ride. It should have been a slam dunk for the company. They have so many imaginative rides with whimsical imagery. You get a project: “build whatever you can imagine! Anything goes, no matter how crazy!” And this is what they come up with?

trainplane3

LOL. I remember when it closed, thinking that it was, honestly, dated, so I was excited for a redo. It was one of my favorite rides and I thought they’d make it better. I was floored by how unimaginative JIYI was. If only we’d had these boards back then, I would have known it’d be awful and formed a complete opinion of JIYI before JII even closed.

It still boggles my mind how unsuccessful it is as a ride. It should have been a slam dunk for the company. They have so many imaginative rides with whimsical imagery. You get a project: “build whatever you can imagine! Anything goes, no matter how crazy!” And this is what they come up with?
They made Eric Idle unfunny and not even entertaining in the slightest. How? It's truly an achievement they pulled that off.

Mouse3268

I for one am super excited to experience the new ride, so Disney’s decisions do work for at least some of us.

I don't think anyone here is not excited for MMRR. Everything we know about it appears to be excellent. It's the location and loss of the Great Movie Ride that is extremely frustrating and makes it difficult to fully enjoy or get excited for this new attraction. I still contend they should have gutted the old Animation building and put it there.

LittleBuford

I don't think anyone here is not excited for MMRR. Everything we know about it appears to be excellent. It's the location and loss of the Great Movie Ride that is extremely frustrating and makes it difficult to fully enjoy or get excited for this new attraction. I still contend they should have gutted the old Animation building and put it there.

I think it’ll make a great centrepiece to the park, so I’m fully on board with the location. It seems to boil down to whether one liked the Great Movie Ride or not. While I enjoyed aspects of it (the Wizard of Oz scene was amazing), I can’t say I’m sorry to see it replaced. I appreciate that others are, though.

Last edited:

PB Watermelon

Out with the old, in with the new. I loved the GMR, and I will miss it. But I am excited for a new ride. We have to change with the times. Old stuff goes out, new stuff comes in...just like people. 😢

Not going to win any likes with this take, but just speaking purely for myself, The Great Movie Ride didn't age well for me. First rode it in 1989 when the park opened, and over the years, it sort of turned into the Jungle Cruise, where the ride was elevated or hampered by the talent of the chap serving as your on-board performer. If they are going through the motions and not having fun, it saps the energy out of the whole affair, and more often than not, it felt like the host got the assignment as a punishment. Also, after a couple of decades, the show scenes had become stale, and sorely needed major updates to stay relevant. What was the most recent film included? Alien from 1979 and Raiders of the Lost Ark from 1981? Last time I rode it, it felt like a creaking museum piece. Again...for me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom