Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway confirmed

MinnieWaffles

It's the stuff you have to schedule before and after those 3 passes that become problematic. ADR's.. what rides or attractions you can ride and still make your FP's and ADR's and take bathroom breaks. How long you can browse in a gift shop without missing your windows. How long it takes to walk from the gate to the FP or Attraction. How long it takes to get from an attraction on one side of the park to the FP on the other side. Sitting down at your computer and deciding six months out what food and park that you will likely be visiting or in the mood for 6 months later. Working those 3 Fastpasses around the rest of the decisions that you have made considering time and place so far in advance. Still think that scheduling 3 FP's is all that there is to it? One certainly can't look forward to a restful vacation, however, you can always relax when you get back at work.

No use arguing with you, but you're overthinking it and that's all I'm going to say.

Goofyernmost

No use arguing with you, but you're overthinking it and that's all I'm going to say.
I'm not arguing, however, if you would please, tell my why I'm over thinking it. Do none of those things happen? I probably am not qualified to comment on it anyway because I don't do any of those things. The last time I went to WDW I stayed offsite, no ADR's, I used counter service while in the parks and if I wanted a big sit down meal I left the grounds when I was hungry I went to a restaurant that my desires took me too and returned after I had rested. I made FP's the night before after I decided what park I wanted to see. Came and went when the mood hit me. So, I might very well be overthinking it, but, listening and reading posts on the boards it seems to me that people are having to go through hoops to make things work. If they took the magic (gotcha) bus from the airport then if they wanted to eat they had to plan a long time ahead. But, since I don't do any of that I can be wrong. BTW, that is how I have toured WDW since 1983 with only one exception, but, I still kept it simple that one time had a car and went offsite for all but my breakfast (at the resort) and lunch (at counter service in the park)

Now if you were being sarcastic then sorry, I just read that wrong.

RSoxNo1

Oh yeah, booking 3 fastpasses is totally hyper scheduling every single minute...
Booking 3 fastpasses 60+9 days in advance or you'll be at a disadvantage to other guests is a giant pain. Adding in dining reservations and date based tickets and the entire vacation becomes that much more stressful in hopes of maximizing your time and rushing from Fastpass to Fastpass. There's a reason no other Disney resorts in the world do this. It's a bad idea.

Skibum1970

Booking 3 fastpasses 60+9 days in advance or you'll be at a disadvantage to other guests is a giant pain. Adding in dining reservations and date based tickets and the entire vacation becomes that much more stressful in hopes of maximizing your time and rushing from Fastpass to Fastpass. There's a reason no other Disney resorts in the world do this. It's a bad idea.

Plus, you have to commit to a particular park without knowing weather or how you might feel. Plus, you can't "miss your Fastpass window" and so you fixate on times instead of just enjoying yourself. I went to Disneyland a few years ago and used the paper FP for Indy and Space Mountain. No worries and no planning. The lines moved and all was well in the world.

For DHS, the park has a limited amount of rides/attractions, even counting MMRR and SWL once operational. Due to the line lengths and the impact of FP, you might get to ride each ride once. Instead of wasting the money to build out My Magic +, they should have spent the amount on new rides. Then, the parks could be busy and handle capacity without needing to start worrying 60 days out.

flynnibus

Premium Member
I'm planning my first trip to Disneyland for early 2019 and I'm much more stressed not being able to plan than I ever am planning WDW.

Because you've been conditioned that it's necessary through your WDW experience... The fact DL has so much in so little space makes the planning unnecessary. You get back to what planning for the parks was... 'optimizing' your visit vs STRUCTURING your visit which is what WDW is now. You plan to reduce the amount of waste you have... instead of plan to 'even have the chance to do it'.

Plan when you'll do your fireworks and major night shows... plan any special meals you want... and from there it's just about knowing the best touring strategies to optimize your waits/travel time.

Dining can be constrained at times as the parks don't have as much capacity as WDW does.. but the QSR options are quite robust even if you chose to skip a traditional ADR. On our last two trips.. I can't think of a single reservation we used. But I did study (mainly from previous knowledge) on where I wanted to be for F! and fireworks and how to best see both.

Again, difference is about planning for strategies... vs planning for simple inclusion.

TrojanUSC

I agree that it's dumb and excessive, but this is also the only Disney resort in the world people save up for years to and plan years out. Their research is quite clear that the other resorts, generally speaking, are mostly frequented by semi-locals who plan a month or two out, if that. If they tried My Magic + at Disneyland with the same windows, they'd have a literal riot. The AP business there alone makes it unworkable and untenable.

MickeyMinnieMom

Because you've been conditioned that it's necessary through your WDW experience... The fact DL has so much in so little space makes the planning unnecessary. You get back to what planning for the parks was... 'optimizing' your visit vs STRUCTURING your visit which is what WDW is now. You plan to reduce the amount of waste you have... instead of plan to 'even have the chance to do it'.

Plan when you'll do your fireworks and major night shows... plan any special meals you want... and from there it's just about knowing the best touring strategies to optimize your waits/travel time.

Dining can be constrained at times as the parks don't have as much capacity as WDW does.. but the QSR options are quite robust even if you chose to skip a traditional ADR. On our last two trips.. I can't think of a single reservation we used. But I did study (mainly from previous knowledge) on where I wanted to be for F! and fireworks and how to best see both.

Again, difference is about planning for strategies... vs planning for simple inclusion.
I would just add that proximity of everything in DL makes what you describe more feasible than it would be for WDW, regardless of FP and other reservation systems. Being spontaneous and deciding to hop from here to there really eats up a lot more time for travel in WDW than in DL. Not that everyone always sticks to original plans in WDW — we certainly alter ours at times — but there’s a greater benefit to having planned out your days some when the logistics of getting around are more complicated or cumbersome just by virtue of distance.

To me, not that different than a trip to NYC. The distance between Broadway, Central Park, museums, hotel, Statue of Liberty, etc. means that we’ll plan out our day some, factoring in travel time and such, rather than spontaneously running around between these things based on how we feel that moment.

flynnibus

Premium Member
I would just add that proximity of everything in DL makes what you describe more feasible than it would be for WDW, regardless of FP and other reservation systems. Being spontaneous and deciding to hop from here to there really eats up a lot more time for travel in WDW than in DL. Not that everyone always sticks to original plans in WDW — we certainly alter ours at times — but there’s a greater benefit to having planned out your days some when the logistics of getting around are more complicated or cumbersome just by virtue of distance.

To me, not that different than a trip to NYC. The distance between Broadway, Central Park, museums, hotel, Statue of Liberty, etc. means that we’ll plan out our day some, factoring in travel time and such, rather than spontaneously running around between these things based on how we feel that moment.
The time constraint is real... but not really the limiting factor. Its that plus being locked out by not planning that is the delta.

The lock out is the killer. You can park hop in 30mins... but you wouldn't want to hop back and forth all the time. Same in dL... hopping is easy, but it adds up.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
The Lightning McQueen academy or whatever and the Incredibles dance party are early 2019 though correct?

In 2019, Walt Disney World Resort Offers More to See, Do, Taste and Experience Than Ever Before

1541891104129.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom