Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway confirmed

FigmentJedi

Forbidden Site's reporting that the Disneyland version is a go for Toontown, replacing the Gag Factory shop and backstage space behind there.

Imagineer777

With the Mickey event coming up next month, I wonder how much information we'll be given about the attraction, it would be pretty cool to see more demos of the 2 1/2D technology like in the short clip from last D23

geekza

I have yet to check out the new Duck Tales. As a big fan of the original series, I’m encouraged by your positive assessment of the reboot.

I don’t agree that the new Mickey shorts are aimed at kids to a greater degree than the shorts of the past were. There are some pretty grown-up moments in a few of them, including one hilarious scene in which Minnie announces to Mickey, “I think we should see other people”!
As someone who watched the original show faithfully as a kid, I was more than pleasantly surprised at how good the new show is. It's more sophisticated than the original, the nephews have clearly-defined personalities, there's an ongoing plot, and the animation design is fantastic. It's well worth watching.

brb1006

I have yet to check out the new Duck Tales. As a big fan of the original series, I’m encouraged by your positive assessment of the reboot.

I don’t agree that the new Mickey shorts are aimed at kids to a greater degree than the shorts of the past were. There are some pretty grown-up moments in a few of them, including one hilarious scene in which Minnie announces to Mickey, “I think we should see other people”!
I been watching the Ducktales reboot since it first began last August. I really enjoy it especially the later episodes of Season one where things get serious and surprisingly creepy and dramatic. Season 2 just started two weeks ago and The Three Caballeros are already set to appear sometime this season. :)

LittleBuford

I been watching the Ducktales reboot since it first began last August. I really enjoy it especially the later episodes of Season one where things get serious and surprisingly creepy and dramatic. Season 2 just started two weeks ago and The Three Caballeros are already set to appear sometime this season. :)

Based on all the positive reviews here, I searched for a clip of Magica on YouTube just now. Her continental accent is gone, replaced by a British one! I can't say I'm pleased about this, even though the voice actor, Catherine Tate, is one of my favourite comedians. Still, I'm excited to watch the show and am sure I'll enjoy it, despite my strong preference for how the old version of Magica sounded.

LittleBuford

Magica is amazing in the reboot! She's more serious and threatening while also having good sense of humor at times.

This came as I was writing my previous comment. I'll have to look past the accent and embrace the new incarnation. It doesn't help that I'm British and therefore unable to hear the accent as anything other than mundane, quite unlike the exotic sound of the old Magica.

brb1006

As someone who watched the original show faithfully as a kid, I was more than pleasantly surprised at how good the new show is. It's more sophisticated than the original, the nephews have clearly-defined personalities, there's an ongoing plot, and the animation design is fantastic. It's well worth watching.
I know the reboot just started it's second season. But I seriously Disney plans on doing a reboot of Chip N Dale Rescue Rangers. I'm aware the series is currently off limits due to Disney's plan on making a live-action movie based on the show. But come on, it has so much potential of fleshing out and making one shot and minor character given a bigger role. Foxglove is already a character that deserves to become a new team memebers of the Rescue Rangers team and maybe aging up Tammy's sister similar to Webby.

brb1006

Based on all the positive reviews here, I searched for a clip of Magica on YouTube just now. Her continental accent is gone, replaced by a British one! I can't say I'm pleased about this, even though the voice actor, Catherine Tate, is one of my favourite comedians. Still, I'm excited to watch the show and am sure I'll enjoy it, despite my strong preference for how the old version of Magica sounded.
Her new voice might be a bit jarrring at first. But I reccomend watching all the episodes of the first season because I love how they slowly build up to Magica's involvement as the series progresses. For the majority of Season one she's only seen as a Shadow.

LittleBuford

Her new voice might be a bit jarrring at first. But I reccomend watching all the episodes of the first season because I love how they slowly build up to Magica's involvement as the series progresses. For the majority of Season one she's only seen as a Shadow.

Fear not--I'm going to watch it! Thank you for the encouragement.

MickeyMinnieMom

If I have it correctly the rumors/news of the Mickey attraction going to DL o all the way back to August 2016 from here.
Might they have more info to warrant sort of "upgrading" the rumor to "more-likely-rumor"? They're not always wrong or just cutting and pasting from this site.

MickeyMinnieMom

I understand but they are quite boastful.
Doesn't answer my question, but ok!

I don't see any information in their post that hasn't already been written here, in some cases more than a year ago
I mean whether maybe they have spoken to people more recently giving them reason to lend more credence to the rumor. Maybe the answer is "NOPE!". I'm just asking the question because it feels like there's an out-of-proportion negative reaction to anything the site does. Sometimes they say something and it's more widely reported with Disney sources attributed within days. Other times not. I won't automatically dismiss them out of hand. I'm skeptical of anything until Disney confirms -- some sources more than others, but this one isn't one I just dismiss.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom