Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway confirmed

GlacierGlacier

From the site that shall not be named.
Do6Gp_MU8AEYBq2.jpg
This was originally posted in the backdoor Disney link.

TrojanUSC

So was that hallway with handprints a backstage area?

It was a backstage space where cast members who worked at the attraction could leave their handprints, a takeoff of the celebrities leaving their handprints in the forecourt. It was nice, in theory and gave the cast a sense of pride. However, as the College Program increased turnover exponentially - real estate was becoming a problem.

From its inception to about 2003 GMR was the hardest ride to get staffed on at WDW, there was a year-long long waiting list. However, with time, age and the college program taking away the exclusivity there was always positions open the last ten years.

PizzaPlanet

It was a backstage space where cast members who worked at the attraction could leave their handprints, a takeoff of the celebrities leaving their handprints in the forecourt. It was nice, in theory and gave the cast a sense of pride. However, as the College Program increased turnover exponentially - real estate was becoming a problem.

From its inception to about 2003 GMR was the hardest ride to get staffed on at WDW, there was a year-long long waiting list. However, with time, age and the college program taking away the exclusivity there was always positions open the last ten years.
I feel like that kind of showed. In the later years it seemed like you would get lower quality hosts more often.

geekza

It's always so strange and a little sad to be reminded that the attractions we love are really just sets in a giant warehouse-type structure. Then again, the fact that they were able to take these empty spaces and create such amazing things inside of them gives me a greater appreciation for the work of those who designed and built the attractions.

ToTBellHop

It's always so strange and a little sad to be reminded that the attractions we love are really just sets in a giant warehouse-type structure. Then again, the fact that they were able to take these empty spaces and create such amazing things inside of them gives me a greater appreciation for the work of those who designed and built the attractions.
While I agree in general, GMR was clearly a warehouse. All you had to do was look up. At least there it made sense. Over on The Little Mermaid in MK, not-so-much.

Princess Leia

I am 98% sure that one of the walls is gone now (based on a FB post from my GMR cast member friend)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom