Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway SPOILER Thread

britain

I'm stumped by the Daisy scene. It's not that it's bad, it's that it slows down all the action of the story for... what reason? Is it supposed to be some sort of undeniable confirmation that our runaway cars aren't really rolling away due to momentum?

I guess it's just supposed to be some sort of non-sequitur.

Bleed0range

I'm stumped by the Daisy scene. It's not that it's bad, it's that it slows down all the action of the story for... what reason? Is it supposed to be some sort of undeniable confirmation that our runaway cars aren't really rolling away due to momentum?

I think it’s supposed to just be funny. Your cars are out of control and suddenly get mixed up in her dance routine and dance along. Then immediately get thrown back into danger. Like something out of a cartoon!

britain

I think it’s supposed to just be funny. Your cars are out of control and suddenly get mixed up in her dance routine and dance along. Then immediately get thrown back into danger. Like something out of a cartoon!

Yeah - it's the waiting for "everyone to get into position" that's odd. When I heard the description of the scene, I thought we'd be in a mix of other dancers and we'd just bob and weave our way through. I didn't know we had signed up for a class!

The finale of that scene is also the sort of thing that I thought would have more to it. Like, maybe it's not always a conga, but it might be a different genre of dance music each time. But no.

Bleed0range

Yeah - it's the waiting for "everyone to get into position" that's odd. When I heard the description of the scene, I thought we'd be in a mix of other dancers and we'd just bob and weave our way through. I didn't know we had signed up for a class!

Ha. Well if you keep your headspace in that of a cartoon, you’d just go with it if you ran across it. For comedic effect. Like a cartoon character would absolutely just wait for everyone else to get into position if that’s what the instructor said. Eddie Valiant understood how a toon thinks and this ride makes me think of Roger Rabbit so much haha.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member

The finale of that scene is also the sort of thing that I thought would have more to it. Like, maybe it's not always a conga, but it might be a different genre of dance music each time. But no.

I wonder if this could be "cleaned up" a bit if we were to enter the room in the dark slowly getting into dance-ready positions as the scene fades in from black. Or (in the dark) the scene could be reworked to have Daisy getting ready to open the dance studio, aided by the flash of an open sign being turned on, a door chime and audio cues of Daisy stepping up onto the platform to turn on the main light switch. .She turns it on and is surprised to see us all of us in formation ready to begin a dance routine. Cue dancing.

Last edited:

Tom Morrow

Does it seem like scenes are ending before last train car arrives?
On the YT videos it looks like the pacing or timing is slightly ahead.
I was in the last car and this did seem to be a bit of an issue at times. The characters were too far away for some of their dialogue for us to hear it. I hope they can tweak the timing and audio levels.

Thoughts:
-The Tornado scene needs work ( maybe it needs a projected transitional scene at the end?)
-Daisy's Dance Studio is bare. Once the thrill of the mirrored wall is gone there's very little to look at.
( need more to see initially, add mood lighting. Would be nice if Daisy and the platform she's on visually changes)
-Conductor Goofy effect on train is shorter/smaller than window size
-Various "shadows" are out of sync with their forefront projections (anyone else notice this?)
-AAs look off if viewed from any angle other than straight on ( I still don't like them!)

Things I'd like to see changed or added:
- An AA in the Underwater Scene
- More Physical effects and 4D additions; Bubbles? Water Spray? Fog? Aromas? Fiber optic Sparks?
- More in Tornado Room (an Oz gag as a nod to GMR?)
- More interaction from the characters; engaging with the riders
- Different AAs
Agreed with basically all of this.

Tom Morrow

I wonder if this could be "cleaned up" a bit if we were to enter the room in the dark slowly getting into dance-ready positions as the scene fades in from black.
This is brilliant and very much a cartoon thing! You think you're in more danger but then, surprise! It's just a dance studio. I would not have any cues as to where you are until the lights turn on though, and then you're ready to dance right away.

jt04

I love the randomness of the dance room and the look is perfect. 😆 Very well done and maybe they will extend the scene someday as the wait times decrease. Some other areas would be nice to linger a bit longer.

brb1006

The strangest thing to me is the tornado “scene”. Here you have the perfect setup to pull a scene from what is arguably the greatest Mickey Mouse cartoon of all time, The Band Concert, And you just make a black room.

The thought clearly crossed their mind. When the Twister appears, the first few notes of William Tell’s The Storm Play. You have random floating instruments in the Twister prop. But that’s it.

Here’s what they should do. Make the room projected to look like your in the tornado. Have the cars spin around the Center as characters and houses float around on the projected walls. Feature animatronics of Horace on Drums and Clarabelle on the flute. Keep Minnie and Pluto in the Twister prop, but have Conductor Mickey (or maybe Conductor Oswald?) floating on top, attempting to simmer down the storm.
Heck, they should have added Huey, Dewey, and Louie during the Tornado sequence. They were briefly seen at the carnival section, so it would have been amusing to see them during that moment.
edep2okg7qe41.jpg

Last edited:

Dapale

Kinda frame-by-frame of the last scene:

And while it is a flat floor, are those actually "rails" they put in place for load and unload? Because if you look at the shadows, they are raised...

I don't know anything internally on this, but those may be what charge the ride vehicles? Because they definitely are not flat. Just my guess

Dapale

Nope, the charging pads are in the top picture and are underneath each vehicle.

AH yes! I missed that. Nice catch. Yeah, not exactly sure why these rails are different. They might've just made them 3D just to make them look nicer, because in the tunnel scene they definitely are flat

RSoxNo1

I think why so many people are caught off guard by the Daisy and Tornado Room is because they follow a very different aesthetic from the rest of the attraction. For instance, the Tornado is entirely blacklight in the middle of darkness, with no real vibrant backdrops. Meanwhile, Daisy is in a mostly realistic, fluorescent-lit dance studio. Even the LED flowers in the mirror don't seem to blend with the Mickey Mouse cartoon aesthetic. Also, for all the people saying that the dance studio is "just to show off the trackless tech," I actually felt as though it is one of the areas where it is most underutilized.
While I understand that the pace is meant to be frantic (and that the dispatch intervals also require it to be so), I just wish the ride would slow down in some scenes. For instance, in the carnival, it would be nice to have 15 seconds of just carnival. Maybe have one of the carnies call out to your car, or have a clown mess with another. The city scene could also linger a bit more IMO.
Is it just me or is the "dancing in sync" trick of the trackless tech a poor use of the tech? This is the bulk of Luigi's Festival of the Dance when I wanted something more on par with Aquatopia. I like the unpredictability of it, that's what sold me on the tech being fun.

Castle Cake Apologist

The strangest thing to me is the tornado “scene”. Here you have the perfect setup to pull a scene from what is arguably the greatest Mickey Mouse cartoon of all time, The Band Concert, And you just make a black room.

The thought clearly crossed their mind. When the Twister appears, the first few notes of William Tell’s The Storm Play. You have random floating instruments in the Twister prop. But that’s it.

Here’s what they should do. Make the room projected to look like your in the tornado. Have the cars spin around the Center as characters and houses float around on the projected walls. Feature animatronics of Horace on Drums and Clarabelle on the flute. Keep Minnie and Pluto in the Twister prop, but have Conductor Mickey (or maybe Conductor Oswald?) floating on top, attempting to simmer down the storm.

Before it opened, I really assumed that the tornado scene would be similar to the big scene in Mystic Manor with the statue in the middle and the walls that "break" away. I had hoped that the twister would be a large prop that moved around the room on a trackless base while the ride vehicles danced around it, like in the Heffalumps and Woozles scene of Hunny Hunt.

What we got instead is a strange misstep in an otherwise fantastic attraction. I really wonder if more was planned for this scene initially that didn't pan out for whatever reason. It's weird too that they featured the twister so heavily in the marketing.

wdwgreek

So I rode this today with my cousin, friend and boyfriend. The posted wait time was a 105 minutes we waited about an hour below is my full review.

1. Queue was pretty boring as far as new disney queues go with very little to do untill we got in the theater. The lobby remains in its beautiful state.

2. The preshow was charming, the surround sound was great and the blast wall effect was really cool. They definitely overloaded the theater and they need to have a cast member by the screen a ton of guests were touching and bending the screen blast area. I feel like the backup is similar to mansion.

3. Load in 4 adult males in one row was a surprisingly comfortable fit.

4. The ride.... it was colorful I'll give it that. The audio animatronic mickeys were scary the projection mapping looked bizarre. The rides plot was chaotic and all over the place. For waiting 60 years for a mickey ride this ride deliverable a bizzare stream of conciousness. Some ingenious things occurred like the factory folding into the park and the daisy dance room was fun but painful.

Overall so much happened in the ride I would need a few more rides to settle on a numbered score for it, but I would say it is a fine D ticket attraction but no one should wait more then an hour for it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom