Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway SPOILER Thread

Kman101

But the simple Winnie the Pooh dark ride was not the front and center attraction in the park's iconic centerpiece.

Which is why it should have been a new build. It seems to be a great evolution of the Fantasyland style dark ride using the trackless system. And it will fit Toontown great. lol. Probably shouldn't be the centerpiece of the park but I can see why they made this choice. Oh well. Is what it is I guess. At least it sounds like it's a fun and good ride. Of course folks are going to nitpick the ride (and I'm already not surprised who is), which is their right of course, lol. Anywho ...

Rod Serling

There's been a few people now that mentioned the ending finale was a little lackluster. I wonder why?
The ending scene with the boiler room is definitely one of the cooler scenes of the attraction. The actual ride system itself does not do anything special in that scene, which may be the cause of the perception of a lack-luster finale. The environment around you is amazing, but in terms of actual thrill, that scene is some of the slowest in the ride which feels like a decrescendo of sorts.

Surferboy567

Original Poster
Their definitely is some big event going on March 4th...even Disney is live streaming it.

Found this while digging though Runaway Railway content on YT.

Last edited:

yensidtlaw1969

Magic Kingdoms icon is the castle which really is not even an attraction .
Fun Fact! Until Hong Kong Disneyland opened, Cinderella Castle was the only Disney Castle without an attraction. Disneyland has a Walkthrough, Tokyo had a walkthrough that was replaced by a totally different one, Disneyland Paris has 2 walkthroughs at once (one upstairs and one downstairs), and Shanghai features a walkthrough upstairs and houses the finale of a boat ride underneath. I'm curious what, if anything, will be housed in the new Castle addition they're building in Hong Kong.

Of all Disney Parks, Tokyo Disney Sea almost certainly has the best icon attraction with Journey to the Center of the Earth being housed (partly) in Mt. Prometheus.

It turns out I'm gonna be at WDW on the 4th, which is a surprising turn of events. I can't imagine I won't make the effort to get on Runaway Railway that morning. Wish me luck!

britain

The ending scene with the boiler room is definitely one of the cooler scenes of the attraction. The actual ride system itself does not do anything special in that scene, which may be the cause of the perception of a lack-luster finale. The environment around you is amazing, but in terms of actual thrill, that scene is some of the slowest in the ride which feels like a decrescendo of sorts.

Big Thunder is also anti-climactic, but it’s still a great ride.

djkidkaz

i think that was for the majority of the ride. I kept waiting for “something” to happen and it never did. I was thinking like smoke effects but they might mess with the projections. But even smells would have plussed it. You could have apple smell for the picnic scenes, Rome burning scent for the boiler room, cotton candy for the carnival, etc.

The pre show was really cool though and unexpected. And I really loved how the exit was you walking back out “the same way you entered” through the screen like your walking back out of the cartoon. Really great idea and consistency.

djkidkaz

Magic Kingdoms icon is the castle which really is not even an attraction .

exactly, that was my point. His concern was that this ride was in the icon of the park so it should be the best and my point was look at the other park icons at wdw and compare their attractions. MK doesn’t even have one.

Monorail_Red_77

It could be argued that out of the 4 park icons that this one has the best attraction. Obviously others will argue for SSE but it’s subjective.
Chinese Theater is no longer the DHS park icon. Merchandise/Promotion people want you to think that Hollywood Tower is the park icon now. So, its ok to have this ride here. LOL

Casper Gutman

Which is why it should have been a new build. It seems to be a great evolution of the Fantasyland style dark ride using the trackless system. And it will fit Toontown great. lol. Probably shouldn't be the centerpiece of the park but I can see why they made this choice. Oh well. Is what it is I guess. At least it sounds like it's a fun and good ride. Of course folks are going to nitpick the ride (and I'm already not surprised who is), which is their right of course, lol. Anywho ...
It’s been pretty clear from the start (back when then the usual suspects were cheering about the attraction being totally unique to MGM) that this was a very nice Toontown ride crowbarred into a completely inappropriate space by clone-happy management.

Kman101

It’s been pretty clear from the start (back when then the usual suspects were cheering about the attraction being totally unique to MGM) that this was a very nice Toontown ride crowbarred into a completely inappropriate space by clone-happy management.

Yep! lol

It's the perfect addition to Fantasyland/Toontown. Would have been fine in Animation Courtyard or, heaven forbid they build a Toontown with the ride attached ...

SplashJacket

Chinese Theater is no longer the DHS park icon. Merchandise/Promotion people want you to think that Hollywood Tower is the park icon now. So, its ok to have this ride here. LOL

Last I recall, Disney is unable to use the Chinese theater in Advertisements due to contractual agreements. As a result, Disney is unable to use it as the icon even if they wanted to, and they probably would. It is a great icon. (Not sure if this is actually true by any means.)

Last edited:

UNCgolf

I would say this is pretty accurate and my initial thoughts. But after thinking about it I think this is a great addition to DHS. We generally think of dark rides as only at Magic Kingdom, but to me this is an evolution of say Winnie the Pooh or Peter Pan and it now takes the dark ride beyond just the castle park. Those dark rides while not always the most impressive or technologically advanced attractions your going to ride each day, they do offer variety and enjoyment and I think that is where this truly works at DHS.

EPCOT used to have all of the best dark rides, so I definitely wouldn't think of them as a Magic Kingdom only thing.

Regardless, though, I'm pretty sure he didn't mean because it was in DHS -- he meant because it replaced the Great Movie Ride in the Chinese Theatre instead of being a new build located elsewhere in the park.

Surferboy567

Original Poster
From Disney: “Toon in” to D23.com on March 4 for a special streamed event celebrating the opening of Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway at Disney’s Hollywood Studios! Go behind the scenes of the first-of-its-kind attraction with a two-part special event, brought to you exclusively by D23: The Official Disney Fan Club!

At 9am PT, a special episode of D23 Inside Disney will be on site at the attraction’s grand opening, talking with the Imagineers and creative minds to bring you inside this wild ride for a spin into Mickey’s cartoon universe!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom