Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway SPOILER Thread

999th Happy Haunt

Looking at videos of the queue for the Disneyland version… WDW has been robbed yet again. What makes it even more horrible is that the best queue elements from Disneyland would fit just fine in the Chinese theater, they’re display pieces of props and costumers from films Mickey has “starred” in, GMR’s queue literally had this same concept but with props from movies on the ride. And of course, it is still a shame that Hollywood Studios’ now centerpiece attraction that replaced the park’s original thesis e-ticket, is now cloned as something tucked in the very back of Disneyland.

EPCOT-O.G.

Looking at videos of the queue for the Disneyland version… WDW has been robbed yet again. What makes it even more horrible is that the best queue elements from Disneyland would fit just fine in the Chinese theater, they’re display pieces of props and costumers from films Mickey has “starred” in, GMR’s queue literally had this same concept but with props from movies on the ride. And of course, it is still a shame that Hollywood Studios’ now centerpiece attraction that replaced the park’s original thesis e-ticket, is now cloned as something tucked in the very back of Disneyland.
Reading some news reports there’s an entirely new creative team being quoted in the Disneyland stories vs when the WDW one opened (Charita Carter and Kevin Rafferty for the latter, and Jennifer Schwartz for the former)

While the ride is the same (or highly similar), the queues obviously are not. Is that common for queue areas to be designed by different teams at the different parks? It seems Rafferty is gone and Carter’s busy with Tiana.

mickEblu

And of course, it is still a shame that Hollywood Studios’ now centerpiece attraction that replaced the park’s original thesis e-ticket, is now cloned as something tucked in the very back of Disneyland.

That’s rough but it’s all how you frame it. For example WDW got to keep TOT and got a new purpose built Guardians coaster. We got TOT replaced with a Guardians retheme. No coaster.

999th Happy Haunt

That’s rough but it’s all how you frame it. For example WDW got to keep TOT and got a new purpose built Guardians coaster. We got TOT replaced with a Guardians retheme. No coaster.
I do feel for you guys for losing ToT, but even Cosmic Rewind replaced a high capacity attraction and still doesn’t quite fit in at EPCOT. No reason Runaway Railway should be a new build at Disneyland, a notoriously land-locked park, and WDW can’t use it’s blessing of size to have it as a new build.

Surferboy567

Original Poster
The queue area in Disneyland adds a lot to the experience. Even the slightly changed finale gives the scene more time to breathe, not sure if I perfer Disneyland’s or World’s finale.

That queue really stands out though so much character is expressed.

doctornick

The queue at DL looks like a lot better and so much fun. The one thing for DHS though is the setup works better with starting in the “real” world and then entering the screen to go to the cartoon one; in DL you kind of already are in the cartoon world in Toontown and so the premise of the screen isn’t as significant

Cmdr_Crimson

The queue at DL looks like a lot better and so much fun. The one thing for DHS though is the setup works better with starting in the “real” world and then entering the screen to go to the cartoon one; in DL you kind of already are in the cartoon world in Toontown and so the premise of the screen isn’t as significant
The only Difference that surprised me is how the finale after leaving Daisy's dance studio is on the opposite side and just after the factory going through the new bridge segment there is the new animation with Goofy with the items falling on him and the Finale scene is on the right instead of left..

999th Happy Haunt

Ride experience might be slightly better at WDW, but it's super minor. I think the transition from underwater to city is done better at WDW, and the transition from factory to finale drags a bit in Disneyland. I didn't notice many other differences.

aladdin2007

The queue area in Disneyland adds a lot to the experience. Even the slightly changed finale gives the scene more time to breathe, not sure if I perfer Disneyland’s or World’s finale.

Had this been added to our animation courtyard instead, as an addition, Disneyland's queue would have been perfect here for that...I kind of like our more opulent version in the Chinese Theater. But if it had been created as new attraction and not a replacement then their queue would have been spot on here because it does look nice and would have been great as a new animation courtyard/toontown concept for the studios. but yall know how it is at wdw, do as little as possible and shoehorn. replace replace replace.

mysto

I think we may be getting the cause and effect backwards when it came to the decision to build MMRR in DHS and where it would be placed.

What we imagine:
) Hey let's add a classic Mickey ride to DHS to match California, where will we put it?
) Oh I guess we'll have to regretfully replace TGMR, Animation is still needed for Star Wars trivia. Echo is too complicated.

What really happened:
) We need to shut down TGMR to reduce the # of humans we hire, especially aspiring actors.
) Lets throw the Disneyland Mickey proposal in there. Win win. It's mostly automated.

The Great Gonzo

I was just thinking about this ride in a vacuum and was coming in this thread to say how overrated I feel Mickey is and a monumental loss when paired with losing GMR, which is before you consider you guys' points that are on the money.

An all-time great ride completely erased from existence, which in my opinion, tops Horizons and JII for me with rides I'd like to have back (even Splash).

It really is embarrassing that HWS, a park in dire need of expansion, got the same rides as Disneyland, a park that was better than MK.

And those rides were replacements at HWS, it was 100% expansion at Disneyland. Utterly dumbfounding.

Yep, with all of the land Disney World has we shouldn't have to lose great attractions. Picture how awesome Epcot would be with Guardians, Horizons, World of Motion and Test track on the left side.

I'd be alright with Ellen and Mission Space being demoed though. LOL.

SplashJacket

Yep, with all of the land Disney World has we shouldn't have to lose great attractions. Picture how awesome Epcot would be with Guardians, Horizons, World of Motion and Test track on the left side.

Obligatory I love Mission Space because no one else will defend it.

Henry Mystic

Author of "A Manor of Fact"

Obligatory I love Mission Space because no one else will defend it.
EPCOT would've actually been like Disneyland--stacked to the brim with rides.

The Great Gonzo

EPCOT would've actually been like Disneyland--stacked to the brim with rides.
And not just the 3-4 minute thrill rides that replaced the opening day attractions.

Exactly, they don't say "Let's get rid of Pirates and Haunted Mansion to put something new". Why is it so accepted at the other 3 parks? World of Motion and Horizons were awesome!

Riviera Rita

I like the one in DHS, I was a huge fan of the GMR until the CMs on the ride seemed to be going through the motions, I always loved the end hosted by the great Robert Osbourne. I would have preferred the GMR to remain and the CMs being coached to show more emotion and interraction, but, MMRR is still fun.
I am looking forward to seeing it in DL mind you.

The Great Gonzo

I like the one in DHS, I was a huge fan of the GMR until the CMs on the ride seemed to be going through the motions, I always loved the end hosted by the great Robert Osbourne. I would have preferred the GMR to remain and the CMs being coached to show more emotion and interaction, but, MMRR is still fun.
I am looking forward to seeing it in DL mind you.

Yeah, I even would have been cool with a few small updates. Especially at the beginning with the "Footlight Parade"
segment.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom