Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway SPOILER Thread

No Name

Where in Google can you find how a word is regional in usage?

1648701314367.jpeg

In Delaware and many other states this word has never been a thing.

SplashJacket

We can continue debating the nitty-gritty of this, or we can realize that according to Mariam Webster, misfortune is among the top 2% of words and misadventure in the top 7%. While misfortune is drastically more abundant, misadventure is by no means a dead or forgotten word. Perfectly valid word choice.

For context, "splendiferous" also sits in the top 7%.

lazyboy97o

We can continue debating the nitty-gritty of this, or we can realize that according to Mariam Webster, misfortune is among the top 2% of words and misadventure in the top 7%. While misfortune is drastically more abundant, misadventure is by no means a dead or forgotten word. Perfectly valid word choice.

For context, "splendiferous" also sits in the top 7%.
Misadventure is a perfectly cromulent word.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
View attachment 629589

In Delaware and many other states this word has never been a thing.
Google Trends measure search terms... what people are interested in.

A Google Search measures how many times the word is used in its database.

Thus, Google Trends is not what one would use to see if a word is used often or not.

I guess then that 'mishandle' isn't a cromulent work, either.

1648755528034.png

No Name

Google Trends measure search terms... what people are interested in.

A Google Search measures how many times the word is used in its database.

Thus, Google Trends is not what one would use to see if a word is used often or not.

I guess then that 'mishandle' isn't a cromulent work, either.

View attachment 629688
Well people tend to not search for words that they don’t use and vice versa, it is arguably a much better measure than book/article usage.

But either way, what you just threw up shows the same rarity. And still, you or anyone haven’t given a reason why it was a good idea to switch the ride name to a word people use less, that’s an extra syllable, and that breaks the alliteration.

lazyboy97o

Well people tend to not search for words that they don’t use and vice versa, it is arguably a much better measure than book/article usage.

But either way, what you just threw up shows the same rarity. And still, you or anyone haven’t given a reason why it was a good idea to switch the ride name to a word people use less, that’s an extra syllable, and that breaks the alliteration.
Because Mary Oceaneering is a member of the Society of Explorers and Adventurers, not the Society of Explorers and Fortuners. She is “Miss Adventure” who had a misadventure.

UNCgolf

Because Mary Oceaneering is a member of the Society of Explorers and Adventurers, not the Society of Explorers and Fortuners. She is “Miss Adventure” who had a misadventure.

They named a character Mary Oceaneer? Why not just use, you know, normal sounding names?

I realize it's a matter of personal preference, but I'm not a big fan of the wink wink jokey names. In looking more at the SEA, though, it appears that's how the whole thing is set up for the most part. I guess I'm just not a big fan of the SEA as it's currently designed! I'd prefer something more realistic.

Last edited:

No Name

That does make some sense.
They named a character Mary Oceaneer? Why not just use, you know, normal sounding names?

I realize it's a matter of personal preference, but I'm not a big fan of the wink wink jokey names. In looking more at the SEA, though, I guess that's how the whole thing is set up for the most part. I guess I'm just not a big fan of the SEA as its currently designed! I'd prefer something more realistic.
I think the whole SEA thing is kind of silly, it’s a shared universe of easter eggs that some people are feverish over like it’s going to become the next MCU. I’m all for connected storytelling, I just wish Disney had the confidence to actually do it.

skiir97

This has probably been asked before but in the Carnival scene it's clear that the Hot Dog sign that Mickey and Minnie are on was at one point attached to the stand below them. Was the scene originally supposed to be something different where the Hot Dog sign breaks off from the stand (because it certainly looks like that was supposed to happen since at the beginning of the scene you can already see the stand missing the the sign)?

SonnyEcipse

This has probably been asked before but in the Carnival scene it's clear that the Hot Dog sign that Mickey and Minnie are on was at one point attached to the stand below them. Was the scene originally supposed to be something different where the Hot Dog sign breaks off from the stand (because it certainly looks like that was supposed to happen since at the beginning of the scene you can already see the stand missing the the sign)?
It could've been an effect that was planned. Who knows.

evenstephan

Anyone else track the crab that appears throughout the attraction? He appears in every scene, but each individual car can only see him in some; no one car can see all of this appearances. There's a YouTube video that provides the locations, but I think they miss one, that being when the ride vehicles are in the city. I have spotted him in one of the city windows when in the dance studio (he's visible in the mirror's reflections, or if you turn all of the way around), but I've heard that he appears somewhere in the city scene before this when the ride vehicles pass through. For the life of me, though, I can't seem to spot him. I've even seen him everywhere else (even in the hard-to-spot scene with engineer Goofy), and would like to complete my collection.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom