Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway - Disneyland

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

It wasn't meant to sound like a 'Great Moment In Imagineering'......
Just thought I'd share some insight and a story with ya 'all and my pal Sudden Storm since his comment reminded me of this.

Carry on, All.
I have sleep to catch up on.
The wilds of Orlando, Florida have a way of draining the life force from a visitor rather easily.

-
Thanks for sharing the story. Cool story and I think it is awesome you got to ride with him.

George Lucas on a Bench

20200928_115701.jpg
20200928_115632.jpg
20200928_115637.jpg
20200928_115642.jpg
20200928_115647.jpg

Disneylover152

Is it just me, or is this construction project moving VERY fast? I can't remember Disney building any steel structure this fast before- not with TRON or Guardians. Are there more crews on this project?

I wonder with meet & greets/entertainment being a huge part of Marvel Land, and that stuff not resuming for a couple of years, if they took moved construction crews around during the pandemic.

TP2000

Is it just me, or is this construction project moving VERY fast? I can't remember Disney building any steel structure this fast before- not with TRON or Guardians. Are there more crews on this project?

I wonder with meet & greets/entertainment being a huge part of Marvel Land, and that stuff not resuming for a couple of years, if they took moved construction crews around during the pandemic.

Hmm.... I remember the Cars Land steel going up extremely fast, but then the rockwork taking forever.

It also helps that this is basically just a giant steel warehouse, a big rectangle plopped on Anaheim bedrock. This stage should go fast because it's just a big, basic box.

NateD1226

I think the new Guardians ride in Epcot is the fastest steel structure to be built. It was only a few months I believe.

lazyboy97o

This idea of moving construction crews is really not true. It’s largely a fan myth. There are installation teams that are part of Walt Disney Imagineering but they’re just that, installation, so they‘re the last ones in a facility and doing more of the technical work than construction work. First, the trades are different. Structural steel is installed by ironworkers and that is what they do, they’re not installing roofing or stucco, there’s even a chance they’re not doing steel studs for the interior. Different people do different work and largely stick to that work. Second, they’re not Disney employees. Projects are built by a general contractor who then hires subcontractors like any other building. Disney cannot move employees from a different company to go work on another company’s project.

Last edited:

lazyboy97o

I just mean in this case, unlike some, no motion bases, no elevators, no drops. It’s not a very complicated install compared to some rides. Especially Since this is the second.
Just a basic true trackless ride is a very complicated ride system. There being more complicated variations doesn’t make it simple or easy. The differences in the building means its also not really a second.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Just a basic true trackless ride is a very complicated ride system. There being more complicated variations doesn’t make it simple or easy. The differences in the building means its also not really a second.
Oh, c'mon. How hard can it be to choreograph several one ton vehicles (counting human cargo) with plenty of leeway of fractions of inches and split second timing based on radio waves bouncing and echoing around at the speed of light in a building with radio-reflecting walls and furniture and wires all coordinated with the scenery?!!

I can take a trip to the Radio Shack and rig my office chair to dance with some python script I wrote for my wifi router!!!

mickEblu

Oh, c'mon. How hard can it be to choreograph several one ton vehicles (counting human cargo) with plenty of leeway of fractions of inches and split second timing based on radio waves bouncing and echoing around at the speed of light in a building with radio-reflecting walls and furniture and wires all coordinated with the scenery?!!

I can take a trip to the Radio Shack and rig my office chair to dance with some python script I wrote for my wifi router!!!

Sounds like a whole lot of trouble for an underwhelming ride experience.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom