Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway - Disneyland

hawkfam

So, the first and only ride dedicated to Mickey & Minnie and it's gonna have to close early because of fireworks fallout? Unless they are going to build a long, covered opening from the RR tracks back to this new planned entrance? The location is good in that it seems to minimize any disruption to Toontown but seems short-sided to have it close early on the park's busiest days unless they have a plan for that.

CJR

So, the first and only ride dedicated to Mickey & Minnie and it's gonna have to close early because of fireworks fallout?

I doubt this would ever happen, because it's Disney and they like to be cheap, but I would love for them to take notes from Warner Bros. World Abu Dhabi and enclose Toontown.

It would require a complete overhaul, which is why I don't see it happening, since trees and plants would need to be moved out or be reworked to handle an indoor environment. Still, if they want to keep Toontown, the indoor cartoon sky effect would do wonders while solving the pyro issue that plagues the land at night.

GiveMeTheMusic

Original Poster
My primary reservation about the location of this E-ticket attraction is that pyro will result in it closing early or at least until after the all-clear.

Plus, I realize that it fits in Toontown but I wish that it was going into DCA which could really use more E-ticket family attractions. Oh well...

The pyro issue is being...looked at. We’ll see what comes of it, if anything.

DCA would have been a great place for this, but without the Eastern Gateway there’s no place to put it. They really want this ride, and a high quality height restrictionless E ticket will help with post-SWGE in-park crowd distribution.

There’s a reason why DL hasn’t been given new headliners since DCA opened. The offerings are lopsided. DL is a superpark, and DCA isn’t. TDA has now decided that they don’t care about that for the time being and are willingly letting DCA become the consolation prize park again. Hopefully down the line DCA can get some real amazing draws to even things out, but we’re a long ways away from that happening.

DisneyLostBoy03

So happy to hear that this attraction has a very strong chance of being a part of Disneyland. Although, it is sad to lose Five and Dime and the Gag Factory in the process. From what I heard, this attraction is going to be impressive and if Disney is that confident to clone the attraction at Disneyland, then it must be really phenomenal. Plus, we are getting another E-Ticket attraction in the park WITH a catchy theme song included. It has been a really long time since Disney's made one of those and I could not be anymore happier about it. So, after the November election results, will we know for sure if the attraction will be coming to Disneyland?

mickEblu

DCA would have been a great place for this, but without the Eastern Gateway there’s no place to put it. They really want this ride, and a high quality height restrictionless E ticket will help with post-SWGE in-park crowd distribution.

There’s a reason why DL hasn’t been given new headliners since DCA opened. The offerings are lopsided. DL is a superpark, and DCA isn’t. TDA has now decided that they don’t care about that for the time being and are willingly letting DCA become the consolation prize park again. Hopefully down the line DCA can get some real amazing draws to even things out, but we’re a long ways away from that happening.

Maybe I’m being naive but it’s hard for me to see a scenario where they open up this new E ticket and not figure out the firework fallout situation. One semi- solution I just thought about it is they could technically keep the ride running during the fireworks as long as they create some indoor/ covered backstage exit (Like the Main Street Alley) back into Fantasyland. So you could still have the few thousand people that queued up prior to the fireworks get on the ride. Not sure how feasible this is though.

They re not going to make Toontown an indoor land and they re not going to stop doing fireworks so it’ ll be interesting to see what they come up with... if anything.

DisneyLostBoy03

Good news! The neighbor lady says this plan is locked and loaded and ready to go, pending November's election results.

The 1990's age of themed shopping is as dated and tired as a Friends rerun. See the latest Generic Outlet Mall design of the new World of Disney as an example, in a miraculous age when even an old codger like myself has an iPhone X and Amazon Prime and can get anything I want delivered to my doorstep in 24 hours or less.

The 2020's should be the age when a few more Disneyland stores and merchandise square footage is removed for attractions or shows or unique dining experiences instead. Yeah, lookin' at you Main Street USA!
So, will will be given this attraction IF the November election goes well? I hope so, because having the official announcement of this attraction coming to the park would be an amazing birthday gift to myself. LOL :D

Disney Analyst

Maybe I’m being naive but it’s hard for me to see a scenario where they open up this new E ticket and not figure out the firework fallout situation. One semi- solution I just thought about it is they could technically keep the ride running during the fireworks as long as they create some indoor/ covered backstage exit (Like the Main Street Alley) back into Fantasyland. So you could still have the few thousand people that queued up prior to the fireworks get on the ride. Not sure how feasible this is though.

They re not going to make Toontown an indoor land and they re not going to stop doing fireworks so it’ ll be interesting to see what they come up with... if anything.

A glass awning like Tokyo perhaps?

Phroobar

So, will will be given this attraction IF the November election goes well? I hope so, because having the official announcement of this attraction coming to the park would be an amazing birthday gift to myself. LOL :D
All this depends on the votes of a couple thousand Anaheim residents that actually go out and vote. I'm sure the unions can bring in a few thousand "residents" too.

Mouse Trap

Marvel should help this... right?

TP2000

I'm guessing it's going to take down this building; That's kind of Great Movie Ride-sized, right? What is that currently used for?

And what of the exposed view of the backside of Galaxy's Edge from the Mickey's House area?

View attachment 321472

Great photo! We'd been talking about this earlier in the thread, but that big warehouse apparently has offices upstairs and locker rooms and work rooms downstairs where they get all the dancers and stuff ready for the parades. You could move the parade prep rooms into a basement level, and move the offices off property.

If they can truck horses in every day from Norco just to run a minor A Ticket attraction, they can certainly figure out a way to move parade dressing rooms into a basement and a cubicle farm into a new building elsewhere.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom