Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway - Disneyland

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

I found a video of the effect working on youtube

It seems to be really slow moving, so I'm not sure why they are shut off most of the time. Cost?
EDIT
and a much more clear one

yup that is it! that is exactly how I used to remember it! it was always on in the store. I was very disappointed when I returned in 08 and no longer saw the gloves moving. thank you for sharing those videos. been years since I have seen the effect in action.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

I went there relatively recently (maybe around 2016 or so) and they were turned off when I went too. Maybe they have a timed schedule now or are on only on select days.
maybe. it is just a shame it is not running like it used to but then again that is TOON TOWN for you. soo many things are not like it was when the land first opened. toon town really depressed me when I went in 08 because it was in such a state of decline it broke my heart because I used to love toon town back in the day.

TwilightZone

maybe. it is just a shame it is not running like it used to but then again that is TOON TOWN for you. soo many things are not like it was when the land first opened. toon town really depressed me when I went in 08 because it was in such a state of decline it broke my heart because I used to love toon town back in the day.
As someone who grew up past toon town's prime it really surprises me how much was lost. Chip n' Dale's slide complete with acorns, a goofy themed bounce house, and even trolleys are now gone.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

As someone who grew up past toon town's prime it really surprises me how much was lost. Chip n' Dale's slide complete with acorns, a goofy themed bounce house, and even trolleys are now gone.
yup all those are things of the past plus the place looked run down. it looked dirty and old and paint was peeling. it literally made my heart sink. hopefully this new mickey ride will bring some much needed life back to the land and maybe some refurbs

mickEblu

I was 10 when Toontown opened. I loved it and became my favorite land instantly. I imagine most of that was due to the fact that Roger Rabbit was my favorite movie as a kid (even though the ride didn’t open for another year but the advertisements wer exciting) and that it was the first time in my life that something at Disneyland was new. Anyway, it was a great land back in the day when everything moved, the Jolley Trolley was operating, all the paint was bright, you could bounce in Goofys Bounce House and the whole land hadn’t been lawyerized yet.

Question for anyone - What happened to the dip hologram effect on Roger Rabbit?

disneylandcm

Turns out there is going to be one casualty in this ride's placement. Please gather your tears and prepare your condolences for the loss of Toontown Five & Dime, which will be replaced by an entrance to the new ride. Big news, I know!
My primary reservation about the location of this E-ticket attraction is that pyro will result in it closing early or at least until after the all-clear.

Plus, I realize that it fits in Toontown but I wish that it was going into DCA which could really use more E-ticket family attractions. Oh well...

britain

Turns out there is going to be one casualty in this ride's placement. Please gather your tears and prepare your condolences for the loss of Toontown Five & Dime, which will be replaced by an entrance to the new ride. Big news, I know!

I'm guessing it's going to take down this building; That's kind of Great Movie Ride-sized, right? What is that currently used for?

And what of the exposed view of the backside of Galaxy's Edge from the Mickey's House area?

1540197421376.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom