Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway - Disneyland

GiveMeTheMusic

Original Poster
That’s too bad. Seems like a missed opportunity not to announce it around Mickeys 90th especially if it’s a done deal.

They're skittish about announcing things now after seeing that some guests are delaying their visits until after SWGE opens. You'd think that would be something anyone with half an operating brain would have anticipated, but Disney has only operated theme parks for 63 years or so, they're still new at this

Disney Irish

Premium Member
If they can get their butts in gear, Marvel is essentially ready to be exposed. We have infinitely less details for Marvel than we've had for other projects, we don't even have real concept art. Nothing is going to live up to what they did in 2017 though, it was such a glut of projects.

Even still I think WDW will have more new announcements. Nothing greatly unknown to us, but I expect phase II of Epcot to have a bit more commitment with either a DAK or DHS project committed to.

The problem is Marvel has been in such flux at DCA since the original announcement. If things had gone as planned I would have expected more info to have been released a long time ago, even more than was at D23 last year.

mickEblu

They're skittish about announcing things now after seeing that some guests are delaying their visits until after SWGE opens. You'd think that would be something anyone with half an operating brain would have anticipated, but Disney has only operated theme parks for 63 years or so, they're still new at this

Yea I’m not sure how they re surprised about people delaying their visits. I mean you can’t have it both ways. Make the big splashy presentation 4 years before/ continuous marketing to rev up excitement and not have a Small percentage of people delay their visits the year before it opens.

As far as the Mickey ride I imagine it wont open until 2021/2022. With SWL already open I can’t see many people pushing their visit back 3-4 years for the Mickey ride. I could see a guest/ family pushing back their visit maybe 1-2 years. But Disney will face that same issue whether they announce Mickey now or next July.

Now I could see them being skittish to announce anything in light of how many projects they’ve had to cancel recently until they’re 1000% sure.

BrianLo

In that case they should announce all the things when SWGE opens...

In particular this seems to be a big IP land phenomenon. Harry Potter has basically ruined Universal's ability to talk about anything until the day it opens. It's a problem, especially when all you leave people to talk about is some garbage recent additions*.

*Orlando

GiveMeTheMusic

Original Poster
In that case they should announce all the things when SWGE opens...

In particular this seems to be a big IP land phenomenon. Harry Potter has basically ruined Universal's ability to talk about anything until the day it opens. It's a problem, especially when all you leave people to talk about is some garbage recent additions*.

*Orlando

At least the Forbidden Forest coaster UOR is getting will be good. They're in need of a winner right now.

Comcast also has a one-new-attraction-per-year mandate for UOR and USH in place. No breaks, something new every year. In USH's case, this means Panda 2018 (very minor), Jurassic World 2019 (less minor, but not a new build), Pets 2020 (big new build), Nintendo 2021 (bigger new build).

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

The fireworks are stored and shot off near Toontown. It has to close every night due to this.
that's right it does close down. I was thinking only fantasyland closed down during fireworks. shows how good my memory is. did it always used to be that way. I remember being a toon town at night. or is it like fantasyland where the rides open back up once the fireworks are over? haven't been since 08 and memory in the fireworks department is spotty.

TwilightZone

that's right it does close down. I was thinking only fantasyland closed down during fireworks. shows how good my memory is. did it always used to be that way. I remember being a toon town at night. or is it like fantasyland where the rides open back up once the fireworks are over? haven't been since 08 and memory in the fireworks department is spotty.
I think it has always been this way, though I do not know if it does reopen after fireworks are over. But considering the fireworks happen twice (from what I can remember) and the second time is later than the first time, I'd say that it might between those two times.

SuddenStorm

Not to mention- the industry as a whole has been slower. It's my understanding Universal Hollywood's been having a slower year as well.

Fluctuations in any market are natural, and while I don't doubt Galaxy's Edge is playing a critical role in planning people's vacations for the next couple years, I doubt it's impact this year is as big as has been suggested online.

DanielBB8

Maybe Disney overhyped Pixar Pier which is actually a half baked job. The remaining 2 attractions won’t open until 2019. I’m waiting for Star Wars Land, obviously, but I’m actually more ambivalent since The Last Jedi is totally awful and have no interest in seeing Solo and pansexual Lando. Marvel’s Infinity Wars is actually a good movie, but this story arc is a milestone that will soon be over. It’s a waste really. Avengers is practically over with the original Captain America leaving. Disney’s frustrating firing decisions that originated with Roseanne, then James Gunn and now the Star Wars writer (whoever) who should be fired because he should know better to write stupid tweets after the first 2 firings.

So I’m giving Disney a 2 or 3 years break from my money.

Phroobar

Maybe Disney overhyped Pixar Pier which is actually a half baked job. The remaining 2 attractions won’t open until 2019. I’m waiting for Star Wars Land, obviously, but I’m actually more ambivalent since The Last Jedi is totally awful and have no interest in seeing Solo and pansexual Lando. Marvel’s Infinity Wars is actually a good movie, but this story arc is a milestone that will soon be over. It’s a waste really. Avengers is practically over with the original Captain America leaving. Disney’s frustrating firing decisions that originated with Roseanne, then James Gunn and now the Star Wars writer (whoever) who should be fired because he should know better to write stupid tweets after the first 2 firings.

So I’m giving Disney a 2 or 3 years break from my money.
A break from social media is a good thing. You should try it.;)

Timothy_Q

I think it has always been this way, though I do not know if it does reopen after fireworks are over. But considering the fireworks happen twice (from what I can remember) and the second time is later than the first time, I'd say that it might between those two times.
Fireworks are only once per night.

Fantasmic is usually 2

brb1006

At least the Forbidden Forest coaster UOR is getting will be good. They're in need of a winner right now.

Comcast also has a one-new-attraction-per-year mandate for UOR and USH in place. No breaks, something new every year. In USH's case, this means Panda 2018 (very minor), Jurassic World 2019 (less minor, but not a new build), Pets 2020 (big new build), Nintendo 2021 (bigger new build).
I forgot there is a Secret Life Of Pets LPS ride in works.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom