Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway - Disneyland

CaptinEO

Yep, wanted to make a point that wasn’t brought up in this specific thread in my own words and I feel it deserves to be heard. But yeah, Mickey Mouse Works/House of Mouse.. ignored/forgotten/not utilized as part of his history ‘again’… can’t be just a coincidence.. In regards to having further discussion, we already had it in another thread. I’m not adding anymore here. I promise. But it still comes off as ‘really’ weird & off-putting to me how Disney continuously does this to such an important part of Mickey’s history in regards to tv animation. Not just his debut in an original animated series ‘but’ the first series produced entirely in HD resolution. My opinion on the projects that came after that isn’t important on the matter, what ‘is’ though is the erasure/non-acknowledgement of that part of his history in ‘every capacity’. ‘That’ is weird & doesn’t make any logical sense.
I don't think they singled out House of Mouse, there are TONS of shows not on D+ including both cartoon and live action.

Inspired Figment

I don't think they singled out House of Mouse, there are TONS of shows not on D+ including both cartoon and live action.
Yeah, ‘that’ I can understand. It’s due to them wanting to save stuff to get more subscribers in the future. Fair enough. My problem is not even ‘acknowledging’ Mickey Mouse Works nor House of Mouse in Mickey’s history in general on top of it… Both in the recent documentary ‘and’ the Runaway Railway ride queue.. yet faux/parody movie posters featuring the Mickey & Friends characters seemed to be more important than ‘actual’ Mickey history.. odd..

celluloid

Yeah, ‘that’ I can understand. It’s due to them wanting to save stuff to get more subscribers in the future. Fair enough. My problem is not even ‘acknowledging’ Mickey Mouse Works nor House of Mouse in Mickey’s history in general on top of it… Both in the recent documentary ‘and’ the Runaway Railway ride queue.. yet faux/parody movie posters featuring the Mickey & Friends characters seemed to be more important than ‘actual’ Mickey history.. odd..

I get what you mean. In terms of DIsney Plus, the demand for House of Mouse and ability to watch many other classics is not great enough to get more subscribers in the future. If you think about it., it is not like that demand is going to go up.

The classics and niche is exactly what Disney should have started strong with. They have all these new series in a pot and hoping it works out to make money, but the production costs are so high.

Your second part is due to the thematic placemaking. This is Toontown, which is founded on a faux partnership with Walt and Mickey for the sake of story. The same way Walt would be tongue in cheek about it when describing Mickey at times. The real history can sitll be there, and honestly, in Hollywood Studios it would have been a great place for the real history as if at a lost Mickey short movie premier. They could have leaned into that a bit more.

Last edited:

CaptinEO

The demand for House of Mouse is not great enough to get more subscribers in the future. If you think about it., it is not like that demand is going to go up.

The classics and niche is exactly what Disney should have started strong with. They have all these new series in a pot and hoping it works out to make money, but the production costs are so high.
You can say that about a lot of old shows on Disney+, IMO they should still be on there. It's not like they'll take up a massive amount of harddrive space.

I'd love to see House of Mouse, The Weekenders, and Buzz Lightyear of Star Command.

The only way to see these shows in full is to pirate them, they aren't even on DVD or VHS in their entirety besides a few episodes.

Disney doesn't even given an option to legally watch these shows, and that's just a few off the top of my head.

celluloid

You can say that about a lot of old shows on Disney+, IMO they should still be on there. It's not like they'll take up a massive amount of harddrive space.

I'd love to see House of Mouse, The Weekenders, and Buzz Lightyear of Star Command.

I agree. They should have started with a huge library of that sort of show if anything. And a lot of classic movies too. They are goingto wait too long and the demand and excitement for it will have fizzled a good amount.

Inspired Figment

Anyway, not to get too off-topic. Let’s not make this a Disney Plus thread. Hahaha! But yeah, I just wanted to make a small point regarding the display of history specifically and how that show in particular has a track record of not being acknowledged/ignored for whatever bizarre reason (even in small books detailing his history) despite it’s importance of being his first original tv series debut, first to be produced in HD. Not much more than that.
Back on the topic of the ride/attraction itself 👍🏻

celluloid

It will be a nice space for some of the attraction unique merch that has been produced for years. Some of it is pretty cute at the little stand next to The Chinese Theater exit at Hollywood Studios.

mickEblu

Well now we know why the boarding groups went in a millisecond. For there to still be ILL’s available at 10am means they took up a whole lot of the inventory. I would have honestly preferred ILL only instead of this trickery to avoid bad press. At least I could have planned accordingly.

4A276FFE-E3BF-45A8-BDF3-EFEEA611308D.png

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Well now we know why the boarding groups went in a millisecond. For there to still be ILL’s available at 10am means they took up a whole lot of the inventory. I would have honestly preferred ILL only instead of this trickery to avoid bad press. At least I could have planned accordingly.

View attachment 695197
This shows that VQ went fast partly because only half of VQs were available in the morning.

The other half become available at 1 PM.

And don't forget any new ride gets a huge crush when it opens. Without VQ or ILL or FP, if it were just Standby, it'd have 4 hour long lines all day long.

waltography

View attachment 695197
Yeah, I was checking periodically throughout this morning and was shocked that there were still ILL left. My friends and I are considering buying it when we go since the 7am drop is a nonstarter, but even then it's not ideal because we know the Lightning Lane line skips over whole sections of the queue which is the big draw here.

mickEblu

This shows that VQ went fast partly because only half of VQs were available in the morning.

The other half become available at 1 PM.

And don't forget any new ride gets a huge crush when it opens. Without VQ or ILL or FP, if it were just Standby, it'd have 4 hour long lines all day long.

So would do you think 25% left? Assuming 25% went to morning boarding groups and 50% went to ILLs. Maybe I will try to get to the park before 1pm and try again.

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
It is 10:35am and ILL is for 10:45pm which means they will probably be gone before noon.

So basically, if you strike out at 7am for the VQ, you have a choice to either purchase the ILL or take a risk that you'll get a VQ at 1pm, but since ILL will be gone by then if you miss that one you don't get to ride.

Does anyone know if you can hold both a VQ and ILL at the same time and ride it twice?

Nirya

That, or a ton of people balked at the $20 price tag for a ride that already exists in Florida.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom