Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway - Disneyland

celluloid

We’re already in the cartoon world but it sounds that way based off the OC Register article.

Yeah, so it is kind of odd, but will play like we are just going into the movie in the cartoon world. It sounds like it still sort of works, but not nearly as whimsical to go from hyper real to the surreal.

mickEblu

Yeah, so it is kind of odd, but will play like we are just going into the movie in the cartoon world. It sounds like it still sort of works, but not nearly as whimsical to go from hyper real to the surreal.

“We’ve” talked about this a few times but the concept of waking through a movie screen that acts as a portal is still a fun concept.

I figured it would be the same pre show ever since they announced the entry point to the attraction was a theatre. If they weren’t going to do that they would have made the entry point a train station or something else.

celluloid

“We’ve” talked about this a few times but the concept of waking through a movie screen that acts as a portal is still a fun concept.

I figured it would be the same pre show ever since they announced the entry point to the attraction was a theatre. If they weren’t going to do that they would have made the entry point a train station or something else.

It is still fun for sure. It just does not play the same. Same Magic Trick, but the set up makes the reveal different. It is jarring as we are in a world where Mickey could live, and then we are in a different version of a toon world. It just does not play the same that's for sure.

mickEblu

It is still fun for sure. It just does not play the same. Same Magic Trick, but the set up makes the reveal different. It is jarring as we are in a world where Mickey could live, and then we are in a different version of a toon world. It just does not play the same that's for sure.

No it doesn’t play the same. But if you want to get technical it will essentially be the same experience as guests will be focused on the screen and entering the screen. Nobody is really looking behind them to compare and contrast the theatre and the train station. But I agree that psychologically it doesn’t play the same.

BrerFoxesBayouAdventure

Here's what the Orange County Register says about the differences between the East and West versions of Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway. I'm not sure it warrants a spoiler tag, but adding one. The rest of the article details what to expect on the ride, which can be found at the link.

"Spoiler Alert! What follows is a detailed preview of the Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway attraction coming to Disneyland. Consider yourself forewarned.

The new ride that will serve as the centerpiece of the reimagined Mickey’s Toontown at Disneyland will be virtually identical to the East Coast version of the attraction.

The big difference: The Florida ride is set inside a recreation of Hollywood’s Chinese Theater while the Anaheim ride is set inside El Capitoon Theater — a cartoon world homage to Hollywood’s El Capitan Theatre.

The varying facades mean the Florida and California attractions will have different opening acts. While the East Coast version of the ride continues the Chinese Theater motif through the attraction lobby, the West Coast version will feature cartoon props from Mickey Mouse’s animated film and TV career after riders enter under Toontown’s El Capitoon Theater marquee."

View attachment 694561

The article mentions "stampeding bulls" at least once, which is something the MGM version doesn't have.

Disneyland/DCA

The queue definitely does a good job of presenting Mickey through the ages, so I take the toontown version of the gag as entering this particular Mickey's world through the magic of the movies. If you put your hand out in front of you during the ride, it looks grotesque as well.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Wow, I totally missed that.

Likely in the first canyon scene. Tho, could be a new room.
Hmmm... looking back at a video of the canyon room, you have Mickey saying "it's a stampede" and you hear the hooves pounding of a stampede, but you don't see any herd animals.

Maybe the author of the article misremembered that scene?

DCBaker

Premium Member
Here are several photos of the queue from D23 -

BE55EEE4-A9F8-4DB7-A5DB-EA0DFF13E5E6.jpeg

142F4A4D-C289-445F-A096-8AB8B2FAE508.jpeg
5DAD25EE-322A-4DCE-BF97-B3C9B395C240.jpeg
30A7DCA3-76CC-4FF7-889D-6464FED2D3CF.jpeg
6B439DBC-9189-4EF0-912E-19A1CEDEB719.jpeg
4B434D86-24F6-48B2-8E00-45361A53C9D1.jpeg

AA7C5DB1-23CA-498B-9AE5-4CF096435FB2.jpeg
DD6539DC-8495-480F-BF6C-87133B5DB53B.jpeg
60F9F071-A888-4B57-AB93-E43DC1377B25.jpeg

waltography

Love it! It’s not in the running for best ride in the park but it may be in the running for “happiest” ride in the park. At the “Happiest Place on Earth” that’s saying something.
The fact that they've got the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse stage as part of the props makes me all kinds of happy. What a plus for Toontown, they knocked it out of the park.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom