Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway - Disneyland

Kman101

Glad Disneyland is getting the Mickey attraction, but I remain disappointed in a clone. I'd like something unique for both resorts featuring Mickey, but, you know, heaven forbid ;)

Glad Roger is staying. If this were WDW he'd be gone and the shop would be expanded! The difference in decision making remains one of the vast differences. The last Disneyland head (Colglazier) didn't seem very good for the parks.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Glad Disneyland is getting the Mickey attraction, but I remain disappointed in a clone. I'd like something unique for both resorts featuring Mickey, but, you know, heaven forbid ;)

Glad Roger is staying. If this were WDW he'd be gone and the shop would be expanded! The difference in decision making remains one of the vast differences. The last Disneyland head (Colglazier) didn't seem very good for the parks.

Right now we can't say if it'll be a clone or not, as we don't have the details. I personally don't think its going to be a direct clone if its a clone at all, its going to have its own uniqueness based on the land its being built in.

Kram Sacul

In the Parks
Yes
Right now we can't say if it'll be a clone or not, as we don't have the details. I personally don't think its going to be a direct clone if its a clone at all, its going to have its own uniqueness based on the land its being built in.

Using classic Mickey as opposed to bootleg new classic Mickey would be a great start.

TwilightZone

Since this is toontown and all I'd imagine the stepping into the screen part will be removed and replaced with something similar. Maybe stepping into the tunnel that eddie had to use to get to toontown?

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Since this is toontown and all I'd imagine the stepping into the screen part will be removed and replaced with something similar. Maybe stepping into the tunnel that eddie had to use to get to toontown?

Could be, or even take the movie set aspect of Mickey's house and use it there instead....

Nland316

Yes, it is a clone. Different facade and queue of course, but same ride with very little difference. I do in fact look forward to it! Going to be a great addition.

britain

We've had this discussion before, in this very thread I believe...... But I personally have no issue with the current iteration of Mickey, to me its a throw back style that works. And I certainly don't think its a "bootleg" version.

Current YouTube Mickey is my favorite Mickey! Best. Mickey. EVVVVAAAAHHHH!!!

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Yes, it is a clone. Different facade and queue of course, but same ride with very little difference. I do in fact look forward to it! Going to be a great addition.

I'm still in doubt about that, as there is still very little information at this point. I imagine they will improve upon the ride experience itself as well. Especially given how its likely they'll build a new building for it in Toon Town.

So again I don't think it'll be a direct clone, but yes elements will be similar.

But thanks....

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Current YouTube Mickey is my favorite Mickey! Best. Mickey. EVVVVAAAAHHHH!!!

I guess it depends on which YouTube videos you're watching! Lol.

But if its the current iteration from the current Mickey Shorts you're looking at. Then that is the one that I feel is a throw back to the Ub Iwerks style and am ok with.

Hatbox Ghostbuster

Normally, I’d fully expect this to be an exact clown, but since Toontown lacks the context of a real-life movie theater, I can’t help but think the story treatment of the ride will have to be different somehow.
And who is to say they won't just create a "ToonTown movie theatre" facade for the front of this attraction?

Also, I feel like this is just common sense here, but just because something isn't public knowledge yet, doesn't make it not true.

Last edited:

shortstop

And who is to say they won't just create a "toon town movie theatre" facade for the front of this attraction?

Also, I feel like this is just common sense here, but just because something isn't public knowledge yet, doesn't make it not true.
But in Toontown, we are already in the toon world. It sounds like the premise of MMRR is that you are transported into the toon world.

Obviously a minor detail, I just wonder how they’ll incorporate that into it.

mickEblu

And who is to say they won't just create a "toon town movie theatre" facade for the front of this attraction?

Its exactly what they're going to do. We're still going to get pulled into a movie screen to go on an adventure. Its just a toon movie screen/ theater instead of a real world movie screen. We'll still be moving from a "movie theater" to wherever the adventure takes place in the movie. If you think about it it even makes more sense as no rules ( or very few) apply in Toontown. With that said I do prefer DHS' approach of going from the real world to the toon world... its more like Who Framed Roger Rabbit.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom