Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway - Disneyland

lazyboy97o

Yes, they do. Guests may claim that they don’t want to wait in lines, but they actually meant that, then they wouldn’t come to the parks at all.
People don’t like waiting but what that really means is more nebulous and fluid. There’s a whole psychology at play with queuing and it very much shows that there are inconsistencies between what people say, do, experience and perceive. There are all sorts of ways to impact people’s perception of waiting and that perception can be blurred across experiences, across an entire day. What people consider waiting even varies by the experience and context. Whereas one might start to get annoyed with waiting 15 minutes at McDonald’s, a five minute wait for food would likely not be well received at a fine dining establishment.

MK-fan

So today we plan on going later on in the afternoon, we ended up getting boarding group 40 and definitely gonna miss that window. Any chance they’ll still honor it later in the day?

Californian Elitist

People don’t like waiting but what that really means is more nebulous and fluid. There’s a whole psychology at play with queuing and it very much shows that there are inconsistencies between what people say, do, experience and perceive. There are all sorts of ways to impact people’s perception of waiting and that perception can be blurred across experiences, across an entire day. What people consider waiting even varies by the experience and context. Whereas one might start to get annoyed with waiting 15 minutes at McDonald’s, a five minute wait for food would likely not be well received at a fine dining establishment.
Nothing else need be said. Exactly.

gerarar

Premium Member
So today we plan on going later on in the afternoon, we ended up getting boarding group 40 and definitely gonna miss that window. Any chance they’ll still honor it later in the day?
At Epcot, they don't care when you come redeem your BG, so I'd imagine the same for MMRR at DL.

Maybe just prepare an excuse, but I doubt they would care much.

el_super

The flaw in this argument is that the VQ discriminates against those who would've waited for the ride.

That's not really a flaw. Some group of people have to be excluded from riding. When it's a physical queue, it's the group of people unable and unwilling to physically stand for hours. With a virtual queue it's the group unable or unwilling to use the digital tools provided. They're not really different in that both options have to exclude some people.

But again, the same number of people are riding at the end of the day.

Out of 10k people going on a new E Ticket, who in the virtual queue would've actually cared enough to wait in a long line?

I know this wasn't necessarily coming from you, but it can't be presented as both things: VQs can't be both this technology advanced hurdle that presents an insurmountable burden to getting on an attraction, and also way too easy that it's allowing more access for people who don't really want to ride.

You're denying tourists, die hards, and enthusiasts what was once a guaranteed shot at going on an attraction by taking away their ability to wait in line.

Alternatively, by limiting guests to one boarding group per day, they are freeing up additional capacity to more of those tourists and enthusiasts and removing access from the die-hards that can spend 10+ hours waiting in line.

But don't worry, pay Disney 20 dollars per guest in your party and suddenly you can fix the problem the mouse created for their own guests. It's disgusting.

I just watched Star Tours "Behind the Attraction", they said they kept the park open 3 days straight to meet demand. Disney of the present purposefully creates and profits off demand instead.

If it's so disgusting why hasn't the demand gone down?

Brer Oswald

This may be a shock to you, and it goes back to my original point and your false dilemma, but the line is not going to often be three hours. Certainly not for the majority of the day on a typical day. Even early opening era, and certainly not Guardians at this point.

Also, people are different. And with so many people being different, does not mean that they have to be happy with Disney doing a system that does not appeal to them.

Besides Kongfrontation at Universal Studios opening day, Hagrids and early Gringotts I don't recall anyone waiting most of the day for one ride anywhere. And I have been to, worked at, coordinated theme park attractions for my entire life.

It is not the norm you are making it out to be. 3 and 4 hours is rare for even Disney. And that wait is not lasting long.

If you do not like those waits, than being there on that day and choosing that ride that day is not for you.
The line for Rise in Florida can get pretty bad, but that’s a combination of low park capacity and the ride breaking down at least 5 times a day.

RobWDW1971

Did we get the explanation from our resident Loyal Defenders of the Mouse on this one yet?

1675272107810.png

celluloid

The line for Rise in Florida can get pretty bad, but that’s a combination of low park capacity and the ride breaking down at least 5 times a day.

Even then, a 4 hour wait is not a consistent at opening situation, nor is it all day. It also dropped the Virtual Queue Standby System and has a larger demand than Guardians of The Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Did we get the explanation from our resident Loyal Defenders of the Mouse on this one yet?

View attachment 695943
This has been pointed out several times. And each time no "So Called Defenders of the Mouse" have justified it.

Everyone agrees it was a mistake on the part of WDI to not flip the video.

I, a Platinum Member of the Defenders of the Mouse, hereby declare this is a mistake and should be fixed.

Now, could you please post a quote from one of the "So Called Defenders of the Mouse" showing that they have rationalized this.

I'll be waiting.

Good luck winning the war that seems to be constantly waging in your mind every waking hour of your life.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom