Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway - Disneyland

Skip

This has always been true. Always. Whether people were denied access for monetary reasons like back in Walt's day, or denied access because of limitations that prevented them from waiting hours for a ride, someone always had to sit out.

The other major flaw in this thinking is that it assumes that the primary value of the visit is derived from only the new ride. It absolutely shows a biased toward repeat visitors that may only visit to see the new thing. It isn't reality in the slightest. People had fun at Disneyland the day before a new ride open and can still enjoy their day without riding the new thing.

Which is why ultimately, none of these virtual queue complaints amount to anything.

When you remove a guest's choice to wait (or not) from the equation, it absolutely has an overall affect on their experience, especially if they do care about the new ride (and I think we can safely presume many do).

These arguments are contrarian stretches that are incompatible with what is happening on a day-to-day basis. Whether you choose to accept that or continue to engage in mental gymnastics divorced from reality is up to you, but I am no longer interested in pretending the situation isn't what it is.

RobWDW1971

Back at the beginning she intentionally cranked this animals tail around:

View attachment 695869

Then later during her house wife era (40's-50's), she was trying to whack Figaro with a broom:

View attachment 695870

And also was yanking Pluto by the tail to get ahold of him:

View attachment 695871

Clearly Minnie has always had a thing about getting rough with Animals. What a horrible cartoon character.
In nearly 95 years of this character, that's what you got? Hahahahahahaha!!!

OK, well, after that compelling insurmountable evidence, I stand corrected, it is TOTALLY in Minnie's Mouse's established character to kick a defenseless animal into a trunk for laughs!

Hey kids, when you get your picture taken with Minnie, watch out! She's going to leg sweep you for giggles before they take the picture!!!

Disney Analyst

In nearly 95 years of this character, that's what you got? Hahahahahahaha!!!

OK, well, after that compelling insurmountable evidence, I stand corrected, it is TOTALLY in Minnie's Mouse's established character to kick a defenseless animal into a trunk for laughs!

Hey kids, when you get your picture taken with Minnie, watch out! She's going to leg sweep you for giggles before they take the picture!!!

Now that we’ve establish how absurd this discussion is.

What did everyone have for dinner tonight?

Rich Brownn

Minnie is a cartoon character, who has broken into song and is not paying attention to anything. She then does a dance spin and accidentally kicks Pluto into the trunk. It’s not insidious or purposeful.

It’s humour. It’s harmless. It’s a mistake. It’s perfectly in line (in my opinion) with a cartoon world, and the slapstick nature of the newer Mickey cartoons.

You may not enjoy the style, and that’s fine. But it’s a particularly huge leap to go from what actually happens in the pre-show… to animal abuse.

You should watch the one where Mickey has abandoned Pluto in the jungle backyard to fend for himself…
Even worse he caused a train derailment that endangered everyone, and never bothered to report it... just gave up and went to a picnic :D

mickEblu

Sister said it was slow at the parks today. I’m thinking people buying single day tickets are waiting for the weekend for the new pyro.

mickEblu

Makes sense.

Counterintuitively weekdays for the next few weeks could be less busy than they were before the 100th started. Still kind of hard to believe that day guests would be savvy enough to plan their trip around a fireworks show in any meaningful numbers. I guess annual pass holders may also move over their next trip to make sure it’s on a weekend.

Last edited:

Dapale

I think it's more related to the extra-ticketed events' effect on the park hours. DCA still looked like it had average wait times today.

el_super

When you remove a guest's choice to wait

How is this so hard to understand?

Guests do not want to wait. Who cares if they eliminate the choice because no guests are choosing to wait on purpose.

You've tried to twist the defense of long queues into a false dilemma between wait = chance to ride versus VQ = no chance to ride. It's wrong. The same number of people are riding the attraction per day whether there was a virtual or physical queue. Once past this, what reason at all would someone have for choosing to wait?

Whether you choose to accept that or continue to engage in mental gymnastics divorced from reality

Seriously... Reality is the virtual queues are here, have been used effectively for over three years now and aren't doing anything to keep people from riding.

CaptinEO

Okay. If you think standing in line for hours is better than clicking your phone three times, I guess there's no room for us to find any agreement. I think you're nuts.
Being able to stand in line for a ride is much better than playing with luck/gambling for the chance to go on the ride and is the only thing fair to those who want to wait for it.

If people don't want to wait for the new ride they can come back later when demand has leveled out to their preferred wait time.

CaptinEO

How is this so hard to understand?

Guests do not want to wait. Who cares if they eliminate the choice because no guests are choosing to wait on purpose.

You've tried to twist the defense of long queues into a false dilemma between wait = chance to ride versus VQ = no chance to ride. It's wrong. The same number of people are riding the attraction per day whether there was a virtual or physical queue. Once past this, what reason at all would someone have for choosing to wait?

Seriously... Reality is the virtual queues are here, have been used effectively for over three years now and aren't doing anything to keep people from riding.
The flaw in this argument is that the VQ discriminates against those who would've waited for the ride.

Out of 10k people going on a new E Ticket, who in the virtual queue would've actually cared enough to wait in a long line? You're denying tourists, die hards, and enthusiasts what was once a guaranteed shot at going on an attraction by taking away their ability to wait in line.

But don't worry, pay Disney 20 dollars per guest in your party and suddenly you can fix the problem the mouse created for their own guests. It's disgusting.

I just watched Star Tours "Behind the Attraction", they said they kept the park open 3 days straight to meet demand. Disney of the present purposefully creates and profits off demand instead.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom